Bxrz

Pitfall

On a positive note, Pitfall greatly increases our chance of a no sprint soon, IMO. With sprint, this map is a joke. You can literally spawn and get to the other side of the map in under three seconds.

Here are some screenshots that I took:

I love how 343 spend time making the outside and above the map look all pretty and detailed yet they don't add in old jumps/ledges from H3 Pit.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I love how 343 spend time making the outside and above the map look all pretty and detailed yet they don't add in old jumps/ledges from H3 Pit.

so true.

Im also a bit dissapointed that they give almost every map the destructed and dirty feel. I would rather see a colorfull pitfall than this one i think.

This is what happens when you try to put a square peg (great, classic Halo map) into a round hole (Halo 4, with sprint).

I'll probably download the bundle later today tiger Richochet and the maps and will modify Pit for a much more classic feel. I apologize for being MIA the past few days (work) but I'll look to run customs on it, for those of you who might have played my previous NSI settings (no sprint, no PoD, no ordnance, H2/3 shields, 

I'd be down to play that with no sprint if I'm on

Leads to "cat and mouse" gameplay, which is pretty frustrating. I wouldn't mind seeing the lift stay but block off the drop-down, though.

This is honestly what I think might work best for it. Makes it slightly easier to break set-ups in sword room, and they now don't have an escape route.

I just thought about this:

i dont mind 343 giving us remakes of good maps but, why did they remake the pit? the pit is a really easy forgeble map, we could have used a forged version of the pit way earlier.

Why dont they make us like a guardian (with no sprint) or a heretic or something. These maps are way harder to forge a good looking and create good replica.

What do you guys think?

I just thought about this:

i dont mind 343 giving us remakes of good maps but, why did they remake the pit? the pit is a really easy forgeble map, we could have used a forged version of the pit way earlier.

Why dont they make us like a guardian (with no sprint) or a heretic or something. These maps are way harder to forge a good looking and create good replica.

What do you guys think?

You can't trick jump on forge maps ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I...I just don't get how hard it is to take something that you know for sure works, and change it just for the sake of changing it. On top of the weapons, they also removed some old jump spots.

yeah i had to forge in those little railings around training. i mean a remake doesn't have to be exact they can change things if they want. to be fair they did give us the forge pieces to pretty much make pitfall back into the pit. but i know what you mean. the astronomical amount of power weapons on that map is just ridiculous. i mean 343 knows random ordnances don't work well. why are there so many power weapons on such a small map. i mean with the size of the map there isn't even a fight for random ordnances. it is whoever spawns closest to it.

i was playing ricochet, died and spawned right by rockets just as they spawned. it felt completely unfair. i wish 343 would use ghost's map spawns in other playlists. even without competitive settings his maps just play better.

On a positive note, Pitfall greatly increases our chance of a no sprint soon, IMO. With sprint, this map is a joke. You can literally spawn and get to the other side of the map in under three seconds.

Sweet shit 343.

But a very positive note indeed. It's just 343 that needs to budge.

Ricochet and Slayer Pro play really well on Pitfall. The other gametypes... (i.e Infinity Slayer) not so much. I expected flag to play really well, but the lack of return allows teams to man-mode flag caps by by throwing bodies at it. Hopefully, the playlist consolidation brings about changes to CTF in general that allows for flag return and flag away from home to be implented into MM.

Something needs to be done about the snipe towers though. As bad as it sounds I feel like some fusion coils need to get placed up there to prevent someone from holding it for an inordinately long time. High risk, high reward of an idea. With all the cover, few grenade possibilities, and just the general power of the sniper in H4 it's just too easy to dominate from there.

Sad thing is, Pitfall was probably in the making before the whole Sprint vs no Sprint discussion got big. They most likely designed the map knowing that Sprint would still be in. Doubtful they'll budge on giving us a gametype or they would have done it before/during then Champions Bundle. :/