Bxrz

Pitfall

its missing many of the jumps and perches either from not being able to jump as high as in Halo 3 or they placed collision maps in the way of ledges. Cant stand on yellow walls or ledge underneath sword bridge. Cant jump over the corner barriers on snipe 2 or training. cant stand on ledge that is to the side of the runway ramps underneath sword doors. No s1 to s2 ghost jump, and there is a way to sprint off training to s2...which is stupid. OH! and you cant get on banana since the jump height wont allow it... There is quiet a bit that is not the same but for all that I still think its better than most and I mean MOST of Halo 4s maps. I still think its a waste in this game.   

I was glad 343 brought the Pit back......until I played my first game where everyone hid in the sword room with their boltshots. Also, with the addition of sprint and AA's, the map became a massive, chaotic cluster fuck with pretty much everyone either camping or charging aimlessly. 

Ricochet wasn't too bad.

I'm pretty sure that if V5 has no Sprint... Pitfall could be an outstanding map in Halo. Imo.

Could be... it's been proven to be a good map for competitive play.

AA's and random ordnances are the problem with it. The lift in the sword room I don't like at all. and the ledges you can walk on around training/green room are missing. I fixed all these problems using ghost's v5 pitfall test variant so you can DL from my FS http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/ravengeance/halo4/fileshare#!/?section=GameMap&SearchDate=7&SortBy=2&view-select=Tile&startIndex=0&details=4111ea1f-b3d9-41f7-a623-4d5be6cee39a

Vertigo is pretty solid. If you like stances armors that sort of thing the packs are really good, good armors and good stances. Really nice. Pitffall with jetpackers running around and everyone having a shotgun or rocket or other various power weapons makes the map a lot less enjoyable but v5 will be amazing with the maps. They have tons of potential just they need to be used right. 

Oh, you mean you weren't a fan of the Saw, 12 round snipers, 4 shotgun spawns, inceneration cannon, rockets and railguns all being on the map? I thought I was alone on that one!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Took Ghost's v5 Test map and added a few things. 

0LIbK1h.jpg

eEputCp.jpg

gtTkJEL.jpg

K4YCpvZ.jpg

iZxEth3.jpg

leIlcOy.jpg

Fix'd

I had a little look on halo 3, the ledges actually don't go around the whole way, I put something together real quick. Just a basic concept idea, I haven't decided on a way to get from bridge to the middle of banana but I want it to look as seamless as possible, similar to what I've done so far (what I've done is definitely final)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksV4Kv2DS24

Oh, you mean you weren't a fan of the Saw, 12 round snipers, 4 shotgun spawns, inceneration cannon, rockets and railguns all being on the map? I thought I was alone on that one!

you forgot sticky det and OS Kappa

I had a little look on halo 3, the ledges actually don't go around the whole way, I put something together real quick. Just a basic concept idea, I haven't decided on a way to get from bridge to the middle of banana but I want it to look as seamless as possible, similar to what I've done so far (what I've done is definitely final)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksV4Kv2DS24

i did a very similar thing with ghost's v5 myself. it is in my FS, but I'm glad i wasn't the only one who thought to do something like this

Is that all he did to modify Pitfall? Are you sure there isn't anything else Ghost added?

I will be altering the map variant periodically.

-Ghost

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'd never expect that I'd love the pit so much again. Having sooo much fun on it, most fun I've had in H4 thus far. Ricochet is also a pretty fun gametype to play on, wouldn't mind playing it in competitive settings with some tweaking.

this map is legit without sprint.

My question:  why block off the sword lift/drop?  I've only played it like 5 times, and each time nobody really went through sword, so I have no idea how it would play competitively, but why is it worse to leave the lift there?  aPK seems to think that the lift/drop are good additions.

Leads to "cat and mouse" gameplay, which is pretty frustrating. I wouldn't mind seeing the lift stay but block off the drop-down, though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The map is pretty good, missing some things an the new things that were added is decent. I really feel though that they do not need the pit back they need new solid maps that make the game feel good. I have seen a bunch of people say they dnt care about the pit an if wanted to play it they can play reach an h3.

The map is pretty good, missing some things an the new things that were added is decent. I really feel though that they do not need the pit back they need new solid maps that make the game feel good. I have seen a bunch of people say they dnt care about the pit an if wanted to play it they can play reach an h3.

I'd rather take Pit over a gamble on what 343 could make. No offence but they didn't exactly gain my trust with original maps after what they gave us with Halo 4.

I'd rather take Pit over a gamble on what 343 could make. No offence but they didn't exactly gain my trust with original maps after what they gave us with Halo 4.

Hahaha I completely agree man =( that is what is even more sad, we cant trust them to make good new maps nevermind old remakes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

you forgot sticky det and OS Kappa

I...I just don't get how hard it is to take something that you know for sure works, and change it just for the sake of changing it. On top of the weapons, they also removed some old jump spots.