Bxrz

Pitfall

From a forge perspective, both maps seem to have plenty of objects to close off or change certain aspects of each. We can close off the whole cave section of vertigo if we need to.

Took Ghost's v5 Test map and added a few things. 

0LIbK1h.jpg

eEputCp.jpg

gtTkJEL.jpg

K4YCpvZ.jpg

iZxEth3.jpg

leIlcOy.jpg

Fix'd

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This is what happens when you try to put a square peg (great, classic Halo map) into a round hole (Halo 4, with sprint).

I'll probably download the bundle later today tiger Richochet and the maps and will modify Pit for a much more classic feel. I apologize for being MIA the past few days (work) but I'll look to run customs on it, for those of you who might have played my previous NSI settings (no sprint, no PoD, no ordnance, H2/3 shields, etc).

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's debatable.

I completely agree.

Point is that, like I said in another thread, 343 could have released a PERFECT Midship remake, a map that far less people would debate about, and it would play like absolute shit in this game.

Solely because of sprint.

I completely agree.

Point is that, like I said in another thread, 343 could have released a PERFECT Midship remake, a map that far less people would debate about, and it would play like absolute shit in this game.

Solely because of sprint.

For sure. Just like what happened when bungie put lockout and chill out in halo 3

For sure. Just like what happened when bungie put lockout and chill out in halo 3

To be fair, Blackout's primary issue came from the new spawn system (I believe) but as far as remakes go, played roughly the same. And Cold Storage, I didn't mind. Unless a map lives or dies by something like the spawn system, you should theoretically be able to port it from one game to another without much loss of style. Look to Sanctuary's success in Reach.

Problem is that Pitfall was scaled to match Halo 3, a game that had entirely different movement settings. Sprint will flat out ruin 99% of classic Halo maps, making remakes of anything smaller than Valhalla laughable. It's such a joke that 343 thinks Pitfall is a nod to the competitive community they way Ragnarok was a nod to the BTB crowd. Like, no. Ragnarok is okay because it's huge but even then, Sprint fucks with it.

You just cannot port a map designed for one movement flow into a game designed for another and expect it to work. Like Sam's said earlier, you died, you respawn, you're already contesting the flag run. Oh, for the days when "All 4 dead" actually meant something in a game of CTF...

I'm pretty sure that if V5 has no Sprint... Pitfall could be an outstanding map in Halo. Imo.

Except there's like, one person at 343 (Bravo) who probably realizes sprint destroys the Halo formula, and he's H4 sustainment and has little to no influence on H5's development. Everyone else is inclined to believe that sprint is just the latest and greatest aspect of all shooters...

On a more on topic note, Bundle is downloaded. I press start to see "72 New Items" under Loadouts and "330 New Items" under Spartan Armor and "132 New Items" under Spartan ID... are you fucking kidding me? My OCD is in a fit right now....

• Upvote (+1) 7

To be fair, Blackout's primary issue came from the new spawn system (I believe) but as far as remakes go, played roughly the same. And Cold Storage, I didn't mind. Unless a map lives or dies by something like the spawn system, you should theoretically be able to port it from one game to another without much loss of style. Look to Sanctuary's success in Reach.

Problem is that Pitfall was scaled to match Halo 3, a game that had entirely different movement settings. Sprint will flat out ruin 99% of classic Halo maps, making remakes of anything smaller than Valhalla laughable. It's such a joke that 343 thinks Pitfall is a nod to the competitive community they way Ragnarok was a nod to the BTB crowd. Like, no. Ragnarok is okay because it's huge but even then, Sprint fucks with it.

You just cannot port a map designed for one movement flow into a game designed for another and expect it to work. Like Sam's said earlier, you died, you respawn, you're already contesting the flag run. Oh, for the days when "All 4 dead" actually meant something in a game of CTF...

Except there's like, one person at 343 (Bravo) who probably realizes sprint destroys the Halo formula, and he's H4 sustainment and has little to no influence on H5's development. Everyone else is inclined to believe that sprint is just the latest and greatest aspect of all shooters...

On a more on topic note, Bundle is downloaded. I press start to see "72 New Items" under Loadouts and "330 New Items" under Spartan Armor and "132 New Items" under Spartan ID... are you fucking kidding me? My OCD is in a fit right now....

Glad I'm not the only one that has to go through all that. Also about sprint: http://teambeyond.net/forum/index.php?/topic/220-halos-core-sprint/

Am I the only person who really likes the little alcove on Runway where the lift to Sword Room is...?

Messing around in Forge and I blocked the lift off completely... you don't even hear it, just see blue light poking through cracks. Kinda like OS being there instead.

There's a lift to sword room now?

Yes. 343's idea of balancing Sword Room which, if you think regular H3 matchmaking, was very easy to camp due to the fact that Sword spawned there... was to make a hole in Sword Room that would drop down onto the MLG Overshield location, while adding an alcove to Runway that contains a lift into Sword Room...

Rather than just... remove the Sword.

All of which can be blocked off, of course. I just sort of like the little alcove. Makes Runway less of a death trap considering it really didn't offer much reward for it's risk.

like everyone is saying this map NEEDS no sprint. Walking around without sprinting on this map 100% movement actually feels quite comfortable, I could see 120 actually feeling a little off putting, but with sprint it just feels like a big joke, becuase 343 has given us a no sprint map without giving us no sprint.

as far a looks: it looks cool, but I'm actually getting tired of this dynamic lighting thing. It feels like CA has a hard on for a setting sun barely diffused through clouds with no decent secondary light source and long black shadows. Yeah it makes good screen shots, but I'm getting tired of it personally. I miss simply geometric maps (screw all this rubble and garbage that shows up in every map now) with straight forward lighting. Maybe that's just me though.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm actually getting tired of this dynamic lighting thing. It feels like CA has a hard on for a setting sun barely diffused through clouds with no decent secondary light source and long black shadows. Yeah it makes good screen shots, but I'm getting tired of it personally. I miss simply geometric maps (screw all this rubble and garbage that shows up in every map now) with straight forward lighting. Maybe that's just me though.

100%

None of the maps in this game have the look and feel of Halo. Rubble everywhere make me feel like I'm playing CoD.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

this map is legit without sprint.

My question:  why block off the sword lift/drop?  I've only played it like 5 times, and each time nobody really went through sword, so I have no idea how it would play competitively, but why is it worse to leave the lift there?  aPK seems to think that the lift/drop are good additions.

One problem with it, the weapons:
2 shotgun spawn points: Shotgun hallway, and S1. Two snipers spawn S1, Rockets spawn hallway, and inceneration cannon where camo used to be, Saw at old OS spawn. Too many power weapons on the map IMO, and it's pretty annoying at times. Thank god Ghost will fix this for V5.

• Upvote (+1) 2

How is it?

I read heinz tweet but i didnt really understand what he meant so can people tell me 

1. Is it worth buying

2. What are the problems with it so far

AA's and random ordnances are the problem with it. The lift in the sword room I don't like at all. and the ledges you can walk on around training/green room are missing. I fixed all these problems using ghost's v5 pitfall test variant so you can DL from my FS http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/ravengeance/halo4/fileshare#!/?section=GameMap&SearchDate=7&SortBy=2&view-select=Tile&startIndex=0&details=4111ea1f-b3d9-41f7-a623-4d5be6cee39a

Vertigo is pretty solid. If you like stances armors that sort of thing the packs are really good, good armors and good stances. Really nice. Pitffall with jetpackers running around and everyone having a shotgun or rocket or other various power weapons makes the map a lot less enjoyable but v5 will be amazing with the maps. They have tons of potential just they need to be used right.