Bxrz

Pitfall

How is it?

I read heinz tweet but i didnt really understand what he meant so can people tell me 

1. Is it worth buying

2. What are the problems with it so far

Compared to Halo 3, the games on this map go by much quicker. In terms of the map itself, it's a great remake. Pitfall will be king in a no sprint gametype.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The only problem is the yellow ledges.There is no walshy spot and jumping banana is near impossible. Other than that its pretty nice. I like the lift area under sword. maybe we should keep that in but not the lift. Also there needs to be some sort of container or blocker in one of the snipers courts. One of them has a sand dune partially through the gate that allows for good cover while sniping down runway while the other one doesnt.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A few bad things: The scale is way off. Players can no longer jump up to banana from training. And to jump on top of the training L wall, players have to spring jump. (Maybe a good thing?)

A few good things to say though: players can walk jump from the platforms to green box, they don't have to sprint. Also spring jumping from pit to top plat is a new tactical jump.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Plays a bit fast with Sprint in these games I have played, and god.. I hate that Ricochet has Personal Loadout's enabled, the amount of Jet Pack Heroes on Pitfall has been way to high due to that awful decision. Adding the Halo 3 MLG Crates was a smart decision, as well as the Lift Area by sword, but I feel the Map is simply going to need No-Sprint to really see it perform well.

Overall, the design, layout, is faithful to the Halo 3 version, but I feel the scale is not, and that it may suffer quite a lot due to Halo 4's mechanics or lack of.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah the hallways seem really narrow. You can make the jump from plat to green box with flag, though.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I just hate Infinity Slayer all the more with this pack, jetpacks everywhere. [MOD EDIT]

and the random Ordinance... Rocks and Snipers spawn at the right place at the start, but then some games I haven't seen a Sniper or Rocket launcher spawn the rest of the entire game, then sometimes Shotgun spawns where Sniper should, sticky det will spawn at plasma nades etc so frustrating.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I mean Slayer Pro is the only GT worth playing for Infinity Slayer other wise it just as random as a game of Classic Fiesta and if I wanted to play that I would play Team Action Sack.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Good to see Kevin Franklin got ahold of the map

Ikr, all the work done in IS to remove random ordinance and they don't even apply it to the new playlist. Smh.

I personally like the smaller scale.

With Sprint? Have you tried playing Ricochet/CTF yet? You spawn on Snipe 2, sprint and jump to training and you're already at their plat/green box before they get the ball/flag to longhall/your green box. It's a fucking joke. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

With Sprint? Have you tried playing Ricochet/CTF yet? You spawn on Snipe 2, sprint and jump to training and you're already at their plat/green box before they get the ball/flag to longhall/your green box. It's a fucking joke. 

I think it'd be the best 2v2 map for sure though.

Possibly, but it still ruins any 4v4 gametype.

The original Pit's long hall was narrow compared to the forge version in Reach and they both played well in their respective games. Pitfall as a remake in Halo 4 from a scale from 1-10 is like a 6 for me. The map plays way too fast with sprint and there are missing jumps. Hopefully, forge can fix a few things, but for a DLC map remake, it's average.

The original Pit's long hall was narrow compared to the forge version in Reach and they both played well in their respective games. Pitfall as a remake in Halo 4 from a scale from 1-10 is like a 6 for me. The map plays way too fast with sprint and there are missing jumps. Hopefully, forge can fix a few things, but for a DLC map remake, it's average.

I didn't get to play it much at all, which jumps are missing?

Nah, too big for 2s still/LOS are terrible/syms in general arent great for 2s

I didn't get to play it much at all, which jumps are missing?

The ledge on mid-bridge is too high to be able to jump on it, you know the part we used to call "banana" or "twinkie" in H3 and the yellow ledges throughout 2nd BR to training are non-existent.

The ledge on mid-bridge is too high to jump too, you know the part we used to call "banana" or "twinkie" in H3 and the yellow ledges throughout 2nd BR to training are non-existent.

So banana is just gone? Also I think it's a good thing you need to spring to the yellow wall.

How could this be too big for 2s if it was used in Halo 3?

Im comparing it to other good 2s maps we already use.