So with the Xbone it's rumored that 32v32 multiplayer will be possible. That coupled with the fact that within the current Halo 4 casual audience BTB is the most popular playlist, what do you think the chances are that bigger teams with vehicles and such becomes a standard competitve format for future Halo titles? I'm not by any means suggesting it replace 4v4, but be more of an alternative such as 2v2.

Is it possible to make truely competitive 8v8 settings on par with what we have for 4v4? if so what would they be? How would they be different?

If such settings were developed, would it be possible that the current Halo 4 casual audience may be more inclined to watch a competitive BTB event over a 4v4? Would you watch a competitve 8v8 tournament?

test the water with an AGL event? perhaps just a side event like the allstar matches? Highest seed teamed with lowest seed and so on (Idunno :P)?

Halo 4 Global Battle?

Imagine?

..but seriously what are ya'lls thoughts?

I'm pretty much expecting to see some larger scale multipayer in Halo 5. I don't see 4v4 and 8v8 leaving, but 16v16 would work well with Halo's vehicle sandbox.

With dedicated servers, 60 FPS, and the ability for anyone to stream directly to Twitch I could see comp BTB in Halo make a come-back. Just think if they added clans with minor and major clan matches....hundreds maybe even thousands would tune in to see top clans square off. Remember back in the day when being on top of the clan leader-boards in H2 meant you were the shit, I remember StK being number one and people would talk about the leader-boards. Halo IS fun to watch, Halo is a beautiful game graphics wise, BTB is a varied game-type with radar that the average player relates with, Halo 5 NEEDS to embrace e-sports and live streaming its the new social media for gamers.

• Upvote (+1) 1