Sign in to follow this  
aksKyun

Who here uses Halo Reddit?

When I look at League of Legends and/or StarCraft's reddit it's so nice to see a mix of things and how many people are in there you always see competitive, news, and casual/random crap but it's full of casual stuff and is what get's upvoted the most we need the Halo Reddit page with more exposure to the competitive scene but to do that we need more people to subscribe and spend more time there so please join and let's do something great! 

http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/

r/competitivehalo is much better but it's very small in comparison. The greatest weakness of r/halo is itself. It is still reddit so pictures will always have more upvotes than videos and discussions so you will frequently see screen-shots, cosplays and halo collection photos at the top rather than quality content.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There is a specific reddit for competitive Halo. http://www.reddit.com/r/competitivehalo most of the Halo subreddit is pretty awesome you can see a vast amount of content from the Halo universe :D

@Titan I wouldn't say that r/competive Halo is better. Just search under the new tab of r/halo and you will find some interesting things.

I try to use it as much as I can. These forums are great for console FPS in general, reddit is a nice place to hit all things at once. I definitely post montages there, as well as chime in as much as I can when I have a chance.

I love r/Halo. Really wish more of our side of the community would utilize it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

r/halo is such a circlejerk of cosplayers and people who just bought the game. There's never any relevant or interesting content in that sub, just a constant barrage of screenshots, weapon DIYs and cosplay. Cool if you're really that into Halo, but personally I just want to discuss the game itself in an intelligent manner. Edit: I'm bound to offend some people here. Just remember, everyones' posts are ALWAYS "IMO"

Probably going to get destroyed for this but... I really dislike reddit, The design of the site drives me crazy, And when i do browse the threads (Not just halo related), Most of the people posting making me shake my head almost as hard as i shake it at waypoint thread posts.

I do agree that the competitive scene for halo could always use more exposure, And it's awesome you're trying to help, But i just can't stand that website.

r/halo is such a circlejerk of cosplayers and people who just bought the game. There's never any relevant or interesting content in that sub, just a constant barrage of screenshots, weapon DIYs and cosplay. Cool if you're really that into Halo, but personally I just want to discuss the game itself in an intelligent manner. Edit: I'm bound to offend some people here. Just remember, everyones' posts are ALWAYS "IMO"

Go to the top 100 on the 'hot' page. I saw like 3 cosplays and only 2 or so screenshots & 2 Weapon DIYs.Most of r/halo is discussion you just have to look in the right places. Now the mods of r/halo can finally, essentially pin a post of discussion onto the page of r/halo making it the top post so everyone will go there. 

Agree to some extent, but there is good content and discussion from time to time. Sometime it gets outta control with pictures of game fuel cans etc. The mods do a bang up job when that stuff gets out of control. And here's a big one. It's 60'000 members strong. Also, they are good enough to fly the AGL logo in their side banner when tournaments roll around.

Love r/Halo.

For those complaining about pictures of "Hey look I found my Halo 2 case" and "Hey a screenshot from reach" they recently changed their rules to only allow it on Sundays I believe. Props to the mods there too, they've supported Beyond and the competitive community a lot. Also posts on here at times too.

That's the point i'm trying to bring that's what it mostly is if we had more of competetive stuff like gameplays new jumps or whatever it would make it so much better

r/competitivehalo is much better but it's very small in comparison. The greatest weakness of r/halo is itself. It is still reddit so pictures will always have more upvotes than videos and discussions so you will frequently see screen-shots, cosplays and halo collection photos at the top rather than quality content.

this