IamNemer

Champions Bundle, Who's Buyin'?

148 members have voted

1. 1. Answer The Question!

• Yes, all of it
    • No
    • Maybe in a week
    • Only the maps

I'm excited for it. Anything that breathes some fresh air into Halo 4 (be it the weekly updates or DLC) is always welcome.

I have one question though, why the hell would you put that fourth option in your poll? I understand the absurd amount of negativity this community has, but perpetuating it in every single thread that pops up is just annoying for the rest of us that don't see things the same way. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Reminder: You can buy Pitfall and Vertigo seperately for 480 Microsoft Points, if you don't want all the skins/armor.

Ill add an option for that. Thanks!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well i don't get $ till the tuesday after release, But i doubt ill buy it anyways. It's been months since i got on H4 and played more then 2 games before getting off.

I am really interested to see if Vertigo can be a solid competitive map though. Probably the biggest thing keeping me off H4 is the maps we use. In my opinion based off my enjoyment of each map, H4 has easily the worst maps of any FPS game i have ever played. It's sad that a bad map like "The pit" is probably going to be a MAJOR upgrade to the map rotation in TDD. Hopefully Vertigo turns out to be the same and we can get rid of another god awful map current used.

I just counted my piggy bank that I have been working very hard to fill up, and have just reached enough to buy the map pack.  :bman:

I'm so proud of you, you've earned it!  :unclesudd:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know this'll highlight how much of a casual I've become, but I really like the Shark assault rifle skin, as well as the mark V. 
I also want to play the new maps and am skeptical of them, but i'll support the game. Halo 5 is when they'll truly have to win me over before seeing a penny.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I know this'll highlight how much of a casual I've become, but I really like the Shark assault rifle skin, as well as the mark V. 

I also want to play the new maps and am skeptical of them, but i'll support the game. Halo 5 is when they'll truly have to win me over before seeing a penny.

if you were willing to put up with reach/4 then you'll put up with halo 5/6 all the same.

I just wish people would stop pretending halo 5 is the last straw when in reality reach/4 did that already and you know you'll buy it regardless just because it has halo on the cover.

not trying to offend you or anything but all I'm saying is that the time to quit halo has long since passed and to pretend that halo 5 will be the deciding factor is just absurd.

if you were willing to put up with reach/4 then you'll put up with halo 5/6 all the same.

I just wish people would stop pretending halo 5 is the last straw when in reality reach/4 did that already and you know you'll buy it regardless just because it has halo on the cover.

not trying to offend you or anything but all I'm saying is that the time to quit halo has long since passed and to pretend that halo 5 will be the deciding factor is just absurd.

Some people (like me) feel that 3 bad games in a row is one too many. I can give Reach a pass because Bungie were experimenting so it's whatever, 343 are a new company and although they had good Halo's to base gameplay off, it was still their first game as a company but if they fail to make their next one succeed after all the feedback they've gotten, I won't be sticking around.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo 5 is going to have to do A LOT for me to stick around. I'm with Sam, 3 bad games is just to many to expect your fans to stick around and wait a couple years for the next one to MAYBE be better again.

It will be hard as halo has been really my main source of non-music involved entertainment for 10 years, But i have moved on from other things i enjoyed just as much as classic halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I 100% assure you if Halo 5 doesn't add up to what I'm expecting it to be or corrected the things Halo 4 went wrong with. I'll only buy it for Forge and Campaign. Don't believe me? I'll PM you my GT next year and you can look for yourself.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Some people (like me) feel that 3 bad games in a row is one too many. I can give Reach a pass because Bungie were experimenting so it's whatever, 343 are a new company and although they had good Halo's to base gameplay off, it was still their first game as a company but if they fail to make their next one succeed after all the feedback they've gotten, I won't be sticking around.

I don't get why people believe that, I mean at what point did destiny even remotely look like reach? I think people are just trying to justify bungie's failure.

343i had everything they needed to make a good halo game, but alas they did not.

343i has done everything IMO to fix their wrong but it was already done for the moment it came out.

I'll give you a bit of advice though, pay close attention to the gameplay and you'll see what halo 5 will be like, sure halo 4 was bad but it was apparent and obvious if you had watched the gameplay how halo 4 was going to turn out.

I 100% assure you if Halo 5 doesn't add up to what I'm expecting it to be or corrected the things Halo 4 went wrong with. I'll only buy it for Forge and Campaign. Don't believe me? I'll PM you my GT next year and you can look for yourself.

it depends on what exactly you are expecting it to be, if you are expecting halo 5 to be good in the traditional sense then I doubt it'll be what your looking for, however if you want a halo game that is good but far from the original trilogy then perhaps you may be satisfied.

I'll take you up on your bet though :)

it depends on what exactly you are expecting it to be, if you are expecting halo 5 to be good in the traditional sense then I doubt it'll be what your looking for, however if you want a halo game that is good but far from the original trilogy then perhaps you may be satisfied.

I'll take you up on your bet though :)

I'm expecting it to be a proper Halo sequel in terms of matchmaking. If not then no.

I'm expecting it to be a proper Halo sequel in terms of matchmaking. If not then no.

so you expect ranks? if thats all you want then yeah but if you expect it to be anything like halo 1-3 then you'll hate it.

its just speculation so maybe I'm wrong but I doubt 343i even understands halo to begin with so I doubt you'll see it even resemble classic halo.

I don't get why people believe that, I mean at what point did destiny even remotely look like reach? I think people are just trying to justify bungie's failure.

343i had everything they needed to make a good halo game, but alas they did not.

343i has done everything IMO to fix their wrong but it was already done for the moment it came out.

I'll give you a bit of advice though, pay close attention to the gameplay and you'll see what halo 5 will be like, sure halo 4 was bad but it was apparent and obvious if you had watched the gameplay how halo 4 was going to turn out.

my problem with 4 was I didn't look into it much before buying. Reach Bunige hyped so well I thougth it was going to be amazing. This go around, it'll be different.

my problem with 4 was I didn't look into it much before buying. Reach Bunige hyped so well I thougth it was going to be amazing. This go around, it'll be different.

I practically studied it and read every piece of info I could, I knew exactly what it was going to be like but I ended up buying it anyway so I guess I'm a sucker afterall :(  

Destiny doesn't have to look anything like Reach, in fact I'm glad it doesn't because Reach was a failure and we all know that. As I said, they were most likely experimenting with Reach and saw if anything received good feedback. 

My point still stands, 3 bad games in a row is where I cross the line, others may have less or more patience than me, I'm just stating how I personally feel. 

It's also hard to know how a game turns out just by watching some pre release footage. Yes, we all saw Sprint pre launch but they promised us it was going to be the most customisable Halo game to date, we believed that, because why not? We didn't know any better. It turned out that that was not the case. For all we knew, there would be a toggle for Sprint but they didn't go through all the Custom game options pre launch.

Furthermore, a lot of us bought H4 because of the bad taste that Reach left in our mouths. We all thought that surely, a Halo game couldn't be worse than Reach.

Hindsight is a beautiful thing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Destiny doesn't have to look anything like Reach, in fact I'm glad it doesn't because Reach was a failure and we all know that. As I said, they were most likely experimenting with Reach and saw if anything received good feedback. 

My point still stands, 3 bad games in a row is where I cross the line, others may have less or more patience than me, I'm just stating how I personally feel. 

It's also hard to know how a game turns out just by watching some pre release footage. Yes, we all saw Sprint pre launch but they promised us it was going to be the most customisable Halo game to date, we believed that, because why not? We didn't know any better. It turned out that that was not the case. For all we knew, there would be a toggle for Sprint but they didn't go through all the Custom game options pre launch.

Furthermore, a lot of us bought H4 because of the bad taste that Reach left in our mouths. We all thought that surely, a Halo game couldn't be worse than Reach.

Hindsight is a beautiful thing.

again it just sounds like an excuse to me.

it may not be 100% accurate but its a damn good way to judge how the final product will be, in fact halo 4 ended up far better than I originally thought so it kind of tells you how bad halo 4 actually looked before it came out, I have a feeling you looked at what was said (which we know now was BS) instead of what was actually in front of you and so your perception was skewed in a more favorable direction than mine.

halo 4 was better than reach but thats not saying much, I think people really just wanted another halo 3 to be honest.