Blindside is a symmetric map featuring a quad-symmetric center, and mirrored symmetric bases. Built for smaller teams, Blindside is a great competitive map with hectic gameplay.

Weapons and Ordinance

Initial Drops

Speed Boost - 150 sec

Overshield - 150 sec

Standard Spawns

Sniper Rifle (x2) - 150 sec

Sticky Detonator - 150 sec

Shotgun - 150 sec

AR (x2) - 30 sec

Storm Rifle (x2) - 30 sec

Surpressor (x2) - 30 sec

BR (x6) - 30 sec

DMR ( x2) - 90 sec

Needler (x2) - 90 sec

Light Rifle (x2) - 90 sec

Blidside:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo4/fileshare/details/6518c0ff-8356-4a6c-a70b-8124a8422145

Blindside One-Flag version:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo4/fileshare/details/fafcfd32-d79b-4047-af79-f848cda7c2c7

Screenshots

Overview

BlindsideOverview_zps17ebf423.jpg

Red Base

RedBase_zpsed08a0c6.jpg

Red Base Front

RedBaseFront_zps022c013f.jpg

Red Bridge

RedBridge_zps5053028f.jpg

Red Needler

RedNeedler_zpsfa0324df.jpg

Blue Spawn

BlueBase_zps976538da.jpg

Blue Sniper/Blue LR Spawn/Top Blue

BlueSniperspawn_zps2a79fc2a.jpg

Blue BR

BlueBRspawn_zpsd2c00320.jpg

Blue Bridge

BlueLRTower_zpsc6b3a504.jpg

Bottom Gold SG Spawn

BottomGold_zps79fe0185.jpg

Top Gold/Sticky Det Spawn

TopGoldSDspawn_zpsd66a4293.jpg

Green OS

GreenSB_zps3443eceb.jpg

Green DMR

BlueLRspawn_zps79555c0e.jpg

Purple Speed Boost

PurpleOS_zpsfe06119d.jpg

Thanks for all the help with testing everyone!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Geometry seems solidified, nice lines of sight to CQC in the middle, with some breathing room. That being said the design can be viewed as somewhat generic, and the piece usage lacks some consistency and character. Middle area would only need minor piece change to help make the area look more "clean". There are other parts of the map that could use some cleaning up too, try reducing the amount of textures in view, having simple colors helps ease the view of the map and provides more information by clearly defining your depth perception. 

We have met before and I hope to see more interaction from you on the forums, Glad to see make your way here.

Cheers,

Redemption

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Geometry seems solidified, nice lines of sight to CQC in the middle, with some breathing room. That being said the design can be viewed as somewhat generic, and the piece usage lacks some consistency and character. Middle area would only need minor piece change to help make the area look more "clean". There are other parts of the map that could use some cleaning up too, try reducing the amount of textures in view, having simple colors helps ease the view of the map and provides more information by clearly defining your depth perception. 

We have met before and I hope to see more interaction from you on the forums, Glad to see make your way here.

Cheers,

Redemption

Hi, Redemption, have you actually gone in and played on this map? I find Blindside to be anything but generic. In fact, it's unique-ness is one of the things that makes it one of my top five favorite Halo 4 custom maps. I've played on this map many times and whether it's an FFA or team game the map offers various levels and routes to navigate, with plentiful sightlines and cover. Once you get on the map, it's very easy to tell where you are at all times, and I think this map is squeaky-clean.

Besides being a solid, unique functioning map, Blindside is very aesthetically pleasing. I don't know how he does it, but Hadoken has a gift for making the "boring palette" look very refreshing indeed. Each new map is like a discovery and I would encourage anyone to get in there and see it for themselves.

Looks like a bag of skittles in the middle. That is it for now, will download next time I get on.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The amount of overlap is too high. I agree with what redemption said. You need to learn some more advanced forging techniques to make your piece usage better. Take what he said and learn from it. There is nothing I disagree with.

@Chaos: This is the forge forum where, if you're lucky, members will leave constructive criticism that they believe will help improve the map. Just because you don't agree with Redemption doesn't mean that you should give him a neg rep. His intentions were positive. Let Hadokenchild respond to Redemption's feedback. Having someone jump down your throat for your opinion is an uncomfortable feeling that may impact others' opinions of leaving feedback on the map. 

Nobody needs to play a map to leave feedback on it.

I agree and disagree with Redemption. Its generic feeling comes from the power position placement and two-base formula, but the layout of the map certainly has enough differences from the standard two-base. But, I agree strongly with his opinion on object use. It is a visually busy map.

@Tymelapse: I Disagree. The overlap is one of the reasons this map stands out. And it's certainly not to an abuse-able or game-halting extent.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Could you please elaborate on "inconsistent" and "lacks character". I can't fix it if I don't have anything specific. Thanks!

I won't comment on the 'character' aspect of his comment, but I'll point out some examples of the inconsistency that is being referred to...

Let's just take two of your pictures.  The red base and the blue base.

RedBase_zpsed08a0c6.jpg

BlueBase_zps976538da.jpg

Now look at the blocks you're using as flooring.

At the blue base, the block on the left goes over the coliseum wall, while the block on the right goes under it.

At the red base, the block on the left goes under the coliseum wall, while the block on the right goes over it.

Also at the red base, the block on the right has a different side turned upwards, and is turned at a different angle than all of the other blocks.

Little inconsistencies like this may not seem like a big deal (and in the grand scheme of things, they're not), but those are the types of things that are being referred to.  Once you are able to design and build quality maps, it's these little details that can set your work apart from that of other 'good' forgers.

Could you please elaborate on "inconsistent" and "lacks character". I can't fix it if I don't have anything specific. Thanks!

Unique touches on the map and the excessive overlap of pieces. All the forge pieces seem to be more forced than planned, not that it affects the layout directly but affects the depth perception and as such people could deem that "confusing".

My point is this: Try using similar pieces in a structured form, like using 4-5 pieces with simple structure design (In a sense, create a fixed object palette). This allows visual consistency such as: 1 or 2 pieces for flooring, 1 or 2 pieces for doors, similar door frames around the map, 1 piece for pillars, 1 piece for ramps.

This allows easier depth perception as it would be easy to identify "floor" as it would be related to that piece you used.

As for unique touches, that comes down to adding a touch of beauty. AKA your damn forunner tower, that blew my mind.

I hope this was useful to you,

Redemption

I won't comment on the 'character' aspect of his comment, but I'll point out some examples of the inconsistency that is being referred to...

Let's just take two of your pictures.  The red base and the blue base.

RedBase_zpsed08a0c6.jpg

BlueBase_zps976538da.jpg

Now look at the blocks you're using as flooring.

At the blue base, the block on the left goes over the coliseum wall, while the block on the right goes under it.

At the red base, the block on the left goes under the coliseum wall, while the block on the right goes over it.

Also at the red base, the block on the right has a different side turned upwards, and is turned at a different angle than all of the other blocks.

Little inconsistencies like this may not seem like a big deal (and in the grand scheme of things, they're not), but those are the types of things that are being referred to.  Once you are able to design and build quality maps, it's these little details that can set your work apart from that of other 'good' forgers.

Ok cool, thanks for specifying that. I think I was just trying to negate bumpiness here.

Unique touches on the map and the excessive overlap of pieces. All the forge pieces seem to be more forced than planned, not that it affects the layout directly but affects the depth perception and as such people could deem that "confusing".

My point is this: Try using similar pieces in a structured form, like using 4-5 pieces with simple structure design (In a sense, create a fixed object palette). This allows visual consistency such as: 1 or 2 pieces for flooring, 1 or 2 pieces for doors, similar door frames around the map, 1 piece for pillars, 1 piece for ramps.

This allows easier depth perception as it would be easy to identify "floor" as it would be related to that piece you used.

As for unique touches, that comes down to adding a touch of beauty. AKA your damn forunner tower, that blew my mind.

I hope this was useful to you,

Redemption

It's not forced really. I just used what I needed to use, within the budget. I'd love to use 3x3 shorts everywhere, but if the map calls for a 4x4 tall, then I would rather use that than put texture cleanliness above gameplay. Take the ramps, for example. I would've had to have used a 5x5 to equal the real estate covered by 2 ramp XL's. Building blocks were a much more neccessary commodity than inclines, so I used 2 XL's together instead so that I could conserve the building blocks for more appropriate needs.

It's been a while since I looked at this map, so maybe there is budget room for additional aesthetics and such. Quick, to the Forge!