Tyme

Sanctuary

Sanctuary, yes, Sanctuary is back with a major overhaul. I did base this one again off of the Halo Reach Sanctuary, and my old Halo 4 Sanctuary, but please do not be discouraged. Please give these screenshots a once over and I will discuss the changes I have made at the end of the post. Enjoy!

Overview:

Overview_zpsec6278a3.jpg

Red Base:

RedBase_zps192f5d43.jpg

Red Flag:

RedFlag_zpsd80ce622.jpg

Red Sniper Hut:

RedSniperHut_zps4cd3fd49.jpg

Middle/Ring:

Ring_zps3bd6fc7a.jpg

Red Turret:

RedTurret_zps8cd62c30.jpg

Red Carbine:

RedCar_zpsbe7f836e.jpg

Red Rocks:

RedRocks_zps82888e89.jpg

And that's all for now.

SO, let's talk about the changes I made, but before I begin, know that I have done what I have done so that the map is better compatable WITH sprint.

First, I lengthened the map from Blue to Red base by about 5 blocks or so, not a huge amount, but enough to notice it. This was to help with sprint.

Second, back to the bases, I widened the Turret and Rock ramps in the back of the bases, and in doing so, I added more cover to the back wall of the base to make it also not feel so wide. I believe this would help with gameplay in the bases.

Third, on to Turret, I added a jump rock the the back of turret to improve movement in the back of turret. It was pretty stale back there before, I hope this will help.

Fourth, I changed Sniper Hut just enough so that it will work better but without eliminating anything else that made it work. I made it a bit larger, just for more room to walk around and play, and I overall just made it look a lot better aesthetically. Here's the biggest change, you can see from Sniper Hut to Sniper Hut like on Asylum in Halo Reach. You may or may not like this idea, or you may not think it works, but just remember that on Asylum in Reach, it was not a bad sight line at all, and, if anything, I liked it more than when you could not see across.

Fifth, the rocks aren't all "rocks" now because I added a large platform to the middle of them. This platform adds significant cover as well as an easy nade point and more gameplay area, giving people spawning in rocks a chance to fight back against the people on Sniper Hut. I also added a rock against the wall in rocks so that there was better spawn cover from Carbine and the opponents on their Sniper street.

And finally a sixth major change was ring. This is what I based the entire map off of, this map truly revolves around Ring. I made Ring 2 have more gameplay area and a lot less bumps in the ground that my old version had major issues with. Ring 1 is now raised above the bottom level of the rest of the map. The Jump ups to Ring 2 are now platforms instead of just rocks, this adding new gameplay possibilities, and it looks better and works better than a rock. RIng 3 hasn't changed much other than being a bit wider on the base sides of it, and being a bit more difficult to run completely around it.

That's all things major, here are weapon spawns, locations, and times.

BR: Base and Bottom Street, 30 seconds, 2 extra clips.

DMR: Middle of Sniper Hut, 30 seconds, 2 extra clips.

Carbine: Base and Top Carbine, 30 seconds, 2 extra clips.

Light Rifle: Behind Rock platform, 60 seconds, 2 extra clips.

Assault RIfle: Sniper Tunnel, 30 seconds, 2 extra clips.

Magnum: Top Sniper Street: 30 seconds, 2 extra clips.

Sniper Rifle: Top Front Sniper Hut, 120 Seconds, 1 extra clip.

Railgun: Ring 1, 120 seconds, Static, 3 extra clips.

Frag Grenades: Base, 30 seconds, 2 Grenades.

Plasma Grenades: Walshy, 30 seconds, 2 Grenades.

Jetpack: Turret Bridge, 30 seconds.

This map plays CTF and TS for now, more gametypes may be added in the future.

To Download: File Browser, Map Variants, File Share Search, Gamertag: "TymeLapse", "Sanctuary"

• Upvote (+1) 1

waste of tyme... nobody plays sprint these days...

nobody in the forge community

• Upvote (+1) 1

waste of tyme... nobody plays sprint these days...

Sorry I didn't tailor it to the Forge community's needs. But uh, I'm aiming for bigger and better things than the worthless Forge community has to offer right now. Let me know when no sprint matters, and then this map will still work.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Looks interesting, I like the "Big Rock". Great work

Glad you like it. A lot of people are very taken back that I changed Sanc. Good to know some people are open to the ideas I've thrown in here.

Looks nice, I'll download it tomorrow and try it out.

Awesome, definitely let me know what you think!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Aren't you part of that "worthless" community? 

Actually I'm not. Myself and Resivore are in a forging community of our own. We have applications you can fill out to join if you'd like.

Now please stick to giving me actual feedback on my map, if not, please excuse yourself from this thread.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Actually I'm not. Myself and Resivore are in a forging community of our own. We have applications you can fill out to join if you'd like.

Now please stick to giving me actual feedback on my map, if not, please excuse yourself from this thread.

Dude is ruthless

Can we all just chill in this thread. No reason to be hostile unless you're fishing for bans.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I havent run into a single person in the competitive community who doesn't like no-sprint settings better. forger or not. except for this tymelapse character that seems to be so in love with the 'free getaway pass' we like to call sprint. It breaks 90% of the good maps out there and the whole team play altogether. Oh wait, I think i've got just the game for you. You can sprint all day long and it takes no skill to play. its Called Call of Duty. you heard of it?

The italicized is a complete overstatement. Most maps out there is forged for sprint. They aren't even "broken": you just dislike being unable to clean up your kills. That is far from something that will break a map. Irritating, maybe, but far, far from a reason to post on someones map that it's straight up useless because "no one plays sprint". 

Seriously, if we could fucking tally the number of no sprint customs vs the number of sprint games total being played, it's a fucking landslide to players playing sprint. 

I will say what I said on WAYWO.

"I don't believe sprint is a band-aid that can heal all the forge map wounds. I'm just saying it's illogical to test and give feedback based on a gametype that doesn't even apply. When/if no sprint ever becomes a thing, then I'll take all of this seriously. For now, this is just a dream for you guys."

Because - news flash - No one plays no sprint. You guys have it backwards.

If the map is designed for sprint it is not designed for Halo. What you don't understand is that a map designed for no sprint is effectively designed for sprint as well. Map design is all about empowering players. You cannot shoot, melee, or grenade an opponent while sprinting. Scaling the map geometry, lines of sight, and jump ups for no sprint effectively counters sprinting players by empowering non-sprinting players with the ability to shoot, melee, and grenade. When you over scale the map geometry, lines of sight and jumps to account for sprint, players get caught in massive lines of sight with little to no usable geometry that they can use for combat.

Sprint ruined Halo. There is nothing competitive about running away from a fight. There is nothing competitive about a map designed for sprint. Halo is about your shot, your melee, and your grenade - not your running shoes. I could go on about this for hours, but honestly it would be a pointless effort with you.

We played no sprint customs a few weeks back Tymelapse and you rage quit after sending a message that said "sprint is in Halo 4 for a reason you idiot". Since you never clarified what this reason was, I would love to know.

The original Sanctuary that I made in the beginning of Halo 4 was NOT designed for sprint settings. I used identical scaling from Halo Reach's Sanctuary and made the map on Halo 4. I didn't make things bigger, I didn't make things smaller, it was the same, or as close to the same as I could get it, and as a result, the gameplay suffered dramatically compared to Halo Reach's gameplay. SO, as any logical person would do, I scaled Sanctuary up a bit, and modified the original version to accommodate the sprint settings that Halo 4 was based on so that people could maybe, just maybe, enjoy a map that everyone loved in Halo Reach the same way that they did. For you to sit here and tell me that I shouldn't make maps tailored to sprint settings is absolutely absurd and ignorant of you. Just because you guys sit here and think that no sprint is more competitive, doesn't make it a reality. Sprint involves player discipline, management of your sprint, and timing. Sprint isn't something you can just abuse all over maps whenever you want to, it's something that you can, and will, be punished for if you use it at the wrong time. I'm not going into detail about sprint right now, but you guys need to understand that sprint is in Halo 4, and it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

If you guys want to talk about sprint and no sprint settings, go make a thread where it belongs, but bashing me on my map threads because I don't tailor my maps to no sprint settings, is completely pointless and irrelevant. Like, you guys are doing no good trying to convince me to make my maps for no sprint, and until no sprint settings make it into Halo 4 matchmaking, you won't see a map from me that is specifically tailored to no sprint settings.

As much I would love to get into this with you guys, this isn't the place for it. The bottom line is that Sprint is in Halo 4, sprint is here, sprint is here! And it's not going anywhere! I'm not going to sit here and make maps for the forge community that only plays no sprint settings that are literally pointless, because all you guys are doing is getting better at a game that doesn't exist.

If you guys have nothing to say about my map, if you don't have any constructive criticism, if you aren't willing to give it a chance, then please leave this thread and go talk about sprint settings elsewhere. I'm done putting up with you guys.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not bashing, I'm just asking you a question, given your last post:

Are you, by any chance, aware that Halo Reach has had sprint all the way up to v6 (I think starting from v2), and this normal sized Sanctuary during Halo Reach's entire lifespan? This is addressing the guy who's saying he's being logical right now.

Do you understand what that means? Sprint didn't break Sanctuary in Reach, nor did it for your remake in H4. Conversely, no-sprint works on both variants (for the original scale, otherwise modded speed to 126% would work just fine). All you're doing with your "larger" variant is making gameplay slower than it needs to be. That is feedback for your map.

Regarding positives, I Like your platform that you added in rocks. It's one thing I thought was stupid about Sanctuary, but that part seems more practical now.

Let me know when no sprint matters, and then this map will still work.

When it comes to competitive merit, no sprint has mattered since Halo's foundation.

I'm sorry that's not your priority. I'm personally okay if you want to play sprint Halo, but I'm just saying you're wrong about thinking your map has to be larger. The effort you've made is admirable, but I don't think you're doing the map justice, except with legitimate design changes.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I dont know what to say about your comments tyme.

Coming from the guy who judged my map based on sprint settings  when it was designed for no sprint didnt make sense.

"Sorry I don't play no-sprint settings, I would like to maybe see these maps in Matchmaking one day, but I feel like I'm the only one trying to do that anymore. No offense but it is small for sprint settings." - tyme

You do NOT play no-sprint settings but you judged my map poorly because its not up your standards. I'm sorry but thats wrong man.

Without even testing my map you say its to small for 1v1 or 2v2 with sprint lol when it plays fine for 4v4 no sprint CTF. I even posted many times in my thread that its designed for no sprint but you just kept trolling.

Also your quote "If you guys have nothing to say about my map, if you don't have any constructive criticism, if you aren't willing to give it a chance, then please leave this thread and go talk about sprint settings elsewhere. I'm done putting up with you guys." at the end of your comment made no sense because you gave no constructive criticism on my post.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry I didn't tailor it to the Forge community's needs. But uh, I'm aiming for bigger and better things than the worthless Forge community has to offer right now. Let me know when no sprint matters, and then this map will still work.

Get over yourself mate

• Upvote (+1) 2

I have to concur with both Fated and Korlash.  The way to make a map play better with sprint is to make it easier to punish players that sprint senselessly.  Very often, this means making the map smaller rather than larger.

Is there any reason why you didn't raise the carbines? 

Also, I suppose you could say this is only my opinion, but history shows that Sanctuary plays better competitively without the wide open line of sight from snipe to snipe.

I do like some of your other changes, but the larger size, the lowered carbines, and the snipe to snipe line of sight totally ruin it for me personally.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have to concur with both Fated and Korlash.  The way to make a map play better with sprint is to make it easier to punish players that sprint senselessly.  Very often, this means making the map smaller rather than larger.

Is there any reason why you didn't raise the carbines? 

Also, I suppose you could say this is only my opinion, but history shows that Sanctuary plays better competitively without the wide open line of sight from snipe to snipe.

I do like some of your other changes, but the larger size, the lowered carbines, and the snipe to snipe line of sight totally ruin it for me personally.

The entire ring, snipe street, and carbines were raised. Raising carbine any further would have ruined it because it is short from the wall to ring, making it awkward. And I don't like the idea of having a raised carbine anyways, and there is no proof to me that it would help improve gameplay in Halo 4.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I dont know what to say about your comments tyme.

Coming from the guy who judged my map based on sprint settings  when it was designed for no sprint didnt make sense.

"Sorry I don't play no-sprint settings, I would like to maybe see these maps in Matchmaking one day, but I feel like I'm the only one trying to do that anymore. No offense but it is small for sprint settings." - tyme

You do NOT play no-sprint settings but you judged my map poorly because its not up your standards. I'm sorry but thats wrong man.

Without even testing my map you say its to small for 1v1 or 2v2 with sprint lol when it plays fine for 4v4 no sprint CTF. I even posted many times in my thread that its designed for no sprint but you just kept trolling.

Also your quote "If you guys have nothing to say about my map, if you don't have any constructive criticism, if you aren't willing to give it a chance, then please leave this thread and go talk about sprint settings elsewhere. I'm done putting up with you guys." at the end of your comment made no sense because you gave no constructive criticism on my post.

I clearly told you that your map could use some piece usage re-working. And now your in my map thread talking about your map. Go.