Sign in to follow this  
Fated

Metarch

METARCH

Forged by The Fated Fire

Download Metarch

ibgHqFizXj9CUV.jpg

Metarch is a 1v1/2v2 map I built for the Halo Customs 1v1 tournament. It has a lot of rocks and trees and stuff, and the map design is similar to a half-pipe with other skate park style geometry. Metarch is symmetrical but the curving rocks and cliff create an asymmetrical feel with one side closed and the other open. No boat or satellite this time, but there is a marsh/garden thingy bottom mid. It’s cool.

Player Count: 2-4 Players

Gametype: Slayer

Weapon Set:

• Concussion Rifle (90s)
  • Scattershot (90s)
  • Battle Rifle x2 (30s)
  • Carbine x2 (30s)
  • Light Rifle x2 (30s)
  • Magnum (30s)
  • Frag Grenades x2 (30s)
  • Plasma Grenades x4 (30s)
  • Pulse Grenades x4 (30s)

iG0AFCplTpOLn.jpg

iblUITD4oaSZzj.jpg

irIrD3BznxLOu.jpg

ii8lhoeOna3lm.jpg

iOoaNWTrMpGhI.jpg

ibs7pyvjlFZFJs.jpg

iboZF48t0AY5Gz.jpg

iMiYQ3RymEF2f.jpg

iEbQ5Mbc7xcO0.jpg

Wow i really like how this map looks. I feel like it would be a fun map to play on. I will download it and play a 1v1 with a friend. I will get back to you when test it.

i cant believe you posted this

so much meta

iEbQ5Mbc7xcO0.jpg

Wow i really like how this map looks. I feel like it would be a fun map to play on. I will download it and play a 1v1 with a friend. I will get back to you when test it.

Thanks RipShaDe. I got your message on Forgehub btw but the site is down for maintenance until tomorrow. I'll check out your map in-game tonight and leave feedback tomorrow.

Thanks RipShaDe. I got your message on Forgehub btw but the site is down for maintenance until tomorrow. I'll check out your map in-game tonight and leave feedback tomorrow.

Well thank you. Yeah i noticed that forgehub was down. I will try to test your map tonight and then get back to you. Thank you

Nice name dude  ;)

and why are all your respawn points coloured cyan? 

Neutral color spawns blend into the forge island palette and are hard to see. Cyan really stands out. Plus, I really like cyan. The real question is...why are you looking at my respawn points?  :P

Skatepark-style gameplay? I am done.

1v1 me bro.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Neutral color spawns blend into the forge island palette and are hard to see. Cyan really stands out. Plus, I really like cyan. The real question is...why are you looking at my respawn points?  :P

Touche 

The real question is...why are you looking at my respawn points?  :P

So he looks like a smart ass player to anyone who verses him :P ! 

Sorry, I'd be too rusty for Tony Hawk's Pro Skater.

i. just. lost it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I do not see a single resemblance to a skatepark here...

Yeah he says that the map has a half pipe but I dont see anything that even comes close to resembling that either...

I do not see a single resemblance to a skatepark here...

Yeah he says that the map has a half pipe but I dont see anything that even comes close to resembling that either...

You two must be blind.

:)

Just looks like a lot of routes to mid. Can't really tell without an overhead view if I'm wrong. But literally just looks like you're forcing everyone to run through the middle of the map.

And uh... I've been to plenty of skateparks, this literally looks nothing like one at all. Sorry.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wow. That guy actually posted a picture of a half pipe in my thread. Win.

I never said the map had a half pipe Ryaanski. I said the design was similar to a half pipe, referencing the flow of player movement being similar to the flow of a half pipe. I also never said the map looked like a skate park Tymelapse. I said it included skate park style geometry. Don't take an obvious troll map description so literally.

Now go play some sprint settings. Sprint is in halo 4 for a reason, right Tymelapse? ;)

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Come on guys.

Getting speed and performing a grind all the way up and down the artifact bases.

Doing a wall-ride over the two death pits.

That just SCREAMS skatepark.

:frank:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sweet aesthetics Fire.  You seem to have the whole Forge Island thing down pact. 

Although... I find your lack of trees disturbing.  :(

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sweet aesthetics Fire.  You seem to have the whole Forge Island thing down pact. 

3375b.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

RipShaDe 41 here for some walkthrough feedback. (i havent play tested yet but i hope to)

The map is very unique and i like the design. I looks like it would be a great 2v2 or 1v1 map. I do have a few opinions though.

Map size:

While moving through the map i noticed that it felt a bit closed in and small. I know you intend it to be small because it is a 1v1/2v2 map. That being said, I think you should make your map a tad bit bigger. If you are playing with sprint then i would make it a little bit bigger but if you are playing no sprint then i think you should be ok.

Cover:

I feel like in certain areas there are some cover that could be added. You dont want the main part of the map to be to open or else players wont have a specific area to hold down in a match. I'm not saying add cover every but i would add a few small cover pieces to the top middle portion of your bridge where the pistol spawns and maybe some on the bottom portion but on the sides instead of the middle. Dont add to much but add enough where a player can feel safe to guard and not feel like they have to run when they get shot at because they are in the open.

Aesthetics:

The map looks nice and i really like the layout a lot. I dont think that you need to change anything really if you dont want to.

Gameplay: (still need to test)

From what i can see i think the map would play well. My only concern is lack of cover in certain places.

Overall i think your map is really good. I would just suggest small changes that i feel would make your map improve. Now you dont have to do a thing to it if you dont want to but these are my opinions. Great job.

3375b.jpg

So much win!!!