Sign in to follow this  
sic

Last night we were at 24k peak population.

As much as it's been said In game ranks which actually work would honestly boost the population to 50K, as crazy as it sounds, isn't that one of the main reasons we stuck with halo? 

I would have played reach with bloom if they had in game ranks. 

As much as it's been said In game ranks which actually work would honestly boost the population to 50K, as crazy as it sounds, isn't that one of the main reasons we stuck with halo? 

Population would barely increase if they did that. Hardly anyone puts their H4 disc in so they would never be able to see if an update had been made and the vast majority of people who left H4 because it sucked do not read the weekly Halo Bulletins. 

Nov 5th may just be the final nail in the coffin for H4's population.  

How does 343 not realize this? Not put out DLC, competitive maps, updated settings, etc?

Its like they are just sitting in their office working on H5 and have given up on H4.

And if thats the case, then I have no problem not putting H4 in my 360 for the next year. 

There's nobody to market DLC to, lol.

You guys gotta understand that DLC, competitive maps, and updated settings aren't going to bring back more people. Nobody came back for the Crimson Map Pack, nobody came back for the Majestic Map Pack, nobody came back for the Castle Map Pack, nobody came back for the weapon updates, nobody came back for Throwdown, and nobody is coming back for the Championship Bundle that releases tomorrow. If the game is not fun at launch nobody will stick around. DLC might bring back a thousand or two people, but in a few weeks they're gone again.

Personally, when the DLC drops tomorrow, I will be playing Splinter Cell Blacklist.

Dude i still meet people online or talk to friends who dont know they implemented 1-50 csr ranks. Thats how pathetic an out-of-game ranking system is. People want to see how they are progressing in game, and for Frankie to not get that just baffles me. 

If halo 5 is trash(im really hoping it wont be but i hoped halo 4 would be classic halo too so...) im gone and will probably play destiny with friends. Hell i played league in blops 2 for the first time last night and actually had a pretty good time. If we get a NS gametype before ghosts drops ill still play H4, if not then hello cod:ghosts, BF4, Arkham Origins, and Titanfall

Dude i still meet people online or talk to friends who dont know they implemented 1-50 csr ranks. Thats how pathetic an out-of-game ranking system is. People want to see how they are progressing in game, and for Frankie to not get that just baffles me. 

If halo 5 is trash(im really hoping it wont be but i hoped halo 4 would be classic halo too so...) im gone and will probably play destiny with friends. Hell i played league in blops 2 for the first time last night and actually had a pretty good time. If we get a NS gametype before ghosts drops ill still play H4, if not then hello cod:ghosts, BF4, Arkham Origins, and Titanfall

You mean hello Cod Ghost, BF4, GTA V, Destiny and Forza 5. Forza is more competitive than halo 4.

• Upvote (+1) 1

lol you people are so delusional... there is no possibility halos population number will increase significantly... the  franchise is dead.. deal with it or play with the remaing 1000 kids

halo reach had 24,307 last night

I was on Reach last night, it had 27k while H4 had 24k at the same time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As far as I'm concerned, Halo 4 is dead. The Global Championship was a good attempt that brought a lot of pros back to the scene, but only for the money... and all it did was show them how bad their game has gotten. It reminded them how little fun they have actually playing this game. I'm willing to bet that people like Naded who only kicked it up when this tournament got announced only grinder as much as they have because the prize pool is so nice. But as we've seen, once this over, many pros are leaving and making the switch.

It's not about money, at least not entirely. It's that the vast majority of us older Halo fans just flat out don't have fun playing the game. I know I don't. And at the end of the day, Halo is a video game - a form of entertainment. If its not doing that, what good is it?

From what I've been told, the majority of developer support we see is bogus. A lot of feigned interest in what this community wants, and a lot of people at 343 just have absolutely no idea how to make a good Halo game still which is just... mind boggling to me. I'm willing to give up on H4 under the premise that a HUGE change back to a classic formula would be bad for PR. I don't know of many games that have launched and then did a HUGE overall on their game mechanics - even Reach was limited to a few playlists and ZBNS stayed only in MLG, sadly.

But my hope for H5 to be good is just... minimal. I think there are certain people at 343 Industries who have absolutely no desire to see classic Halo return and will fight tooth and nail for things like sprint, Flagnum, and even flinch to remain in Halo. It's sad, but numbers don't lie - Halo isn't what it used to be, and its not for lack of trying on the community's part.

All I know is once I get my new PC and I can play League again... GG Halo.

Plenty of games have had huge overhauls.. They're just all on PC, and not FPS's. I remember when they revamped PVP in WoW right before BC, and brought in Arena with BC. They completely change tons of things just because of PVP and it can ruin the PVE player experience.. but they cater too the competitive players more, even though they don't normally have a league.

lol you people are so delusional... there is no possibility halos population number will increase significantly... the  franchise is dead.. deal with it or play with the remaing 1000 kids

I wont lie and say that isn't the reality, but until we see how well an actual halo game does in today's fps landscape we do not have definitive proof. But trust me its something I've thought about. It could just be that halo is not popular, but until we get a new halo (fun fact: we have not played as spartan 2's in multiplayer since halo 3, coincidentally we have not had a great halo game since 3) with actual halo game play mechanics this series is done.

Not really the thread for it but...

If anyone seeing this actually plays Reach on a consistent bases. Add me on Philosopherrr. I try to play quite a bit but other then my teammates who don't get on till late in the evening, I got no one to play with. I crush lives at this game, Just saying.