Sign in to follow this  
mDm

Would you want Damage/Speed Boost back as power ups in Halo 5?

60 members have voted

1. 1. Damage/Speed boost as traditional power ups?

• Yes to both
    • Yes to Damage boost
    • Yes to Speed boost
    • No

Yes to both, but I would prefer if they were designed similar to older halos power ups. When h4's os drops from the sky and can kill you, let's just say its annoying.

It would be just like picking up Active Camo or Overshield in 1-3.

I'm sorry. No.

I would be happy to see these powerups though. On certain gametypes Speed boost has been modded to function like the Camo that we all miss (with a couple stupid effects though); I personally wish we could have that.

Yes to both, but I would prefer if they were designed similar to older halos power ups. When h4's os drops from the sky and can kill you, let's just say its annoying.

Agreed, and not to mention how you can choose when to pick it up. Leads to players sitting on top of it, getting shot a few times, then being able to pick it up and have full OS. :/

Yes to damage boost if it get's a downside. For example having your screen become blurry when you shoot. The more/faster you shoot the more/faster your screen gets blurred. When you don't shoot your visor will clear up.

That would be a great add to the damage boost to balance it our imo.

As long as they're not flooding matches with too many powerups and power weapons sure. 

Powerups and power weapons do have a legitimate purpose. When two evenly skilled teams tie the game 49-49, suddenly that last kill isn't so random. The team that can time and control power weapons and powerups will win. It's all part of the game knowledge umbrella. 

Yes to Damage Boost if they remove the melee multiplier.

Speed Boost is just sorta meh. Faster reloading and weapon switch is cool about SB, though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Damage Boost with tweaks to melee and yes to the Speed Boost as well. Both are great additions to the sandbox. I also want the Camo back.

I would rather have camo and custom powerup back if I had to choose. But yeah the speed boost and damage boost are nice additions to the sandbox and should return. Don't make me hold a button to pick them up though.

I really think that they should be added to competitive settings like ALG and Throwdown, they would be just as important as any of the other powerups, and they are one of the few parts of the Halo 4 sandbox that I think are really good introductions to the series

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why remove anything? Anything that has ever been in Halo should at least remain as a custom option if nothing else. Removing things is the mistake that 343 made. Let's not make the same mistake.

Why remove anything? Anything that has ever been in Halo should at least remain as a custom option if nothing else. Removing things is the mistake that 343 made. Let's not make the same mistake.

Apart from no descope. That shit can burn in hell.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Apart from no descope. That shit can burn in hell.

The shit that 343 removed? Like all the gametypes that no longer exist? Invasion? Firefight? 1-Flag? Race? Assault? Fine editing in forge? The Active Camo power-up?

Removing "shit" is one of the main reasons this game is doing so poorly especially from a casual perspective. Believe it or not Flinch isn't the only problem Halo 4 has, but it can be easy to think that when all you care about is the competitive side of the game.

Removing things from the game has proven to be an insanely bad choice for 343. For players like me and many others who spent most of their time in Team Objective, Multi-team, and custom games, this title literally has nothing to offer because someone somewhere didn't like something personally and decided to get rid of it for everyone else.

Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The shit that 343 removed? Like all the gametypes that no longer exist? Invasion? Firefight? 1-Flag? Race? Assault? Fine editing in forge? The Active Camo power-up?

Removing "shit" is one of the main reasons this game is doing so poorly especially from a casual perspective. Believe it or not Flinch isn't the only problem Halo 4 has, but it can be easy to think that when all you care about is the competitive side of the game.

Removing things from the game has proven to be an insanely bad choice for 343. For players like me and many others who spent most of their time in Team Objective, Multi-team, and custom games, this title literally has nothing to offer because someone somewhere didn't like something personally and decided to get rid of it for everyone else.

Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding you.

I know, I agree that 343 removing stuff ruined the game. My post was just a comment at how bad no descope is and that they have to remove it for the next title or they'll see a repeat of H4.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I really think that they should be added to competitive settings like ALG and Throwdown, they would be just as important as any of the other powerups, and they are one of the few parts of the Halo 4 sandbox that I think are really good introductions to the series

yup

I know, I agree that 343 removing stuff ruined the game. My post was just a comment at how bad no descope is and that they have to remove it for the next title or they'll see a repeat of H4.

okay. My b. sorry.