Sign in to follow this  
Oh So Laggy

Anyone know when H3 is ACTUALLY coming out for free?

By the end of this month we should know what games will be free in september. Hopefully H3 is one of them!

Seems like the term "Hope" has become synonymous with Halo. Regardless, looking forward to the population spike.

• Upvote (+1) 1

After Global Championship I'd assume. Wouldn't want all of H4s population switching to H3 instead of playing in the tournament. 

Yeah coz by my calculations, M$ are a little late with its release, or was there something that I missed?

It will be one of the free games before December. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

After Global Championship I'd assume. Wouldn't want all of H4s population switching to H3 instead of playing in the tournament. 

Makes sense.

So much progress has been turned around these months, and its just so sad. we could've had broken AGL viewers record at Atlanta if it wasn't scheduled so close together. And if the Halo 4 GC was 4v4s we would be well on our way. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So much progress has been turned around these months, and its just so sad. we could've had broken AGL viewers record at Atlanta if it wasn't scheduled so close together. And if the Halo 4 GC was 4v4s we would be well on our way. 

So true man, we've just thrown all our hard work away. Looks like we may have to wait until H5 for events that are actually worth watching because there won't be any pros left until then :(  

You know what they should really make free? H3 DLC and reach DLC. Then add requirements for matchmaking. That would make me really happy. As a halo fan I already have a copy of each halo game so this all really means nothing to me, but if they could improve the matchmaking with more variety in map selection, that would be sick.

You know what they should really make free? H3 DLC and reach DLC.

IIRC, Microsoft has disallowed developers from making DLC free if there are achievements specific to the DLC.

You know what they should really make free? H3 DLC and reach DLC. Then add requirements for matchmaking. That would make me really happy. As a halo fan I already have a copy of each halo game so this all really means nothing to me, but if they could improve the matchmaking with more variety in map selection, that would be sick.

I own them all as well, just want other people to own it too so that you can play something other than Social Slayer without waiting a decade to find players.

IIRC, Microsoft has disallowed developers from making DLC free if there are achievements specific to the DLC.

Gears of War 1

Why?

$

Gears of War 1

Rock Band 3 & Blitz

Hmm. Either the policy was implemented after those games were released OR the policy only applies to games by Microsoft Studios.

$

Hmm. Either the policy was implemented after those games were released OR the policy only applies to games by Microsoft Studios.

Could you get the Legendary achievements on Cold Storage?

Gears released before Halo 3, and RB3 released after Reach.

Could you get the Legendary achievements on Cold Storage?

Gears released before Halo 3, and RB3 released after Reach.

No. The Heroic map pack for H3 is free and has no achievements. Cold Storage was a Bungie Day giveaway, not part of the Legendary map pack. All other H3 map packs are heavily discounted now but not free.

Whenever 343 decides to consolidate the playlists.

I'd rather they put their effort into making H4 better (NS gametype please) than putting effort into a game that peaks 2-3k on an average day. As much as I would prefer to play H3 over H4, the search times in H3 put me off.

Is this or is this not a Microsoft run initiative of making things free? If so it's really up to them isn't it? If you make the rule you can certainly unmake it, if it is indeed a rule.

$

That was a passive-aggressive attempt by Microsoft to force companies to conform to a standard "fee" DLC system, most likely due to a fallout with Valve over content vs. price for TF2 and L4D. The policy itself can likely be lifted for older DLC, especially since Games with Gold have Gamerscore with them.