Sign in to follow this  
LeandroTrooper

The best ranking system for Halo

What do you think is the best ranking system for Halo? A modified version of Halo 2? a more extended version of Halo 3? A more detailed and worked ranks such as H:Reach Arena? CSR harder with only wins/losses? Maybe all combined?

Discuss!

And if this topic gets locked... I seriously will stop posting topics. Seems like I only post dumb stuff :(

Funny how Halo players usually only know about Halo ranking systems.

Guess what folks? They all suck.

League of Legends' system would be ideal.

• Upvote (+1) 3

H3's system, but make it harder to get a 50.

Yep, that's Halo 2's ranking system  ;)

They absolutely 100% have to bring back H2's ranking system or its going to be seen as a failure.

Arena and CSR are both jokes and should not even be brought into the discussion.

I want to keep it traditional to Halo, but I am all for a SC2 or LOL style if they actually work, they really mean something, and you can get a great idea of where you stand. I dont know much about them though...

I always said that they should make armor/unlockables associated with ranks so people can actually have some type of uniqueness. And also brings back the intimidation/awe factor. Imagine seeing cool, different armor, and the person actually has skill to back it up.

But to be honest though, I do see a point based CoD/Battlefield style in our future. Its just too drilled into the FPS genre. Unlockables are too attached to that system and it is sadly what keeps this generations players interested.

v

Whatever it is they absolutely MUST not have a giant loophole that ruins the game for everyone (derankers).  I don't get the people who say they're not a big deal because they ruined hundreds of games for me.

If there are 'cheaters' like this in the new ranking system, then I hope 343 at least bans majority of them.  Bungie sat back on their ass and didn't do squat--  I could have accurately banned 1k+ if I had the power to, but Bungie couldn't even decipher them from normal players.

I hated Reach's ranking system as well as the individual scoring system for Halo 4.  Halo is about teamwork, not about individual stats in team oriented gametypes.

I hated Reach's ranking system as well as the individual scoring system for Halo 4.  Halo is about teamwork, not about individual stats in team oriented gametypes.

Reach didn't have a ranking system. It was progression.

How about Arena's ranking system?

Only for one playlist that wasn't that popular. A Ranking system has to be global, at least for the 'Ranked/Competitive' side of things for it to have any effect. Having it in one select playlist with radar on doesn't really count.

Only for one playlist that wasn't that popular. A Ranking system has to be global, at least for the 'Ranked/Competitive' side of things for it to have any effect. Having it in one select playlist with radar on doesn't really count.

What if Arena's ranking system was applied to everysingle playlist but of course with different rules for Rumble Pit, etc etc?

What if Arena's ranking system was applied to everysingle playlist but of course with different rules for Rumble Pit, etc etc?

Not a fan of it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not a fan of it.

How about this...?

Arena with Halo 2's ranking system.

Everytime you get a 50... you go up a rank. But the difficulty to get a 50 is the same as Halo 2...

In other words: If you get 5.. 50's you are in the Onyx Division.

I know.. it doesn't soudns good. I hope Josh do an outstading ranking system.

H3's system, but make it harder to get a 50.

In my opinion it should be impossible to achieve the highest rank unless you are a professional to semi-pro player. Imagine Team Hardcore for teams of 4 divisions. There would be lets say 5 different divisions that showed your rank we will just call them 1-5. Then there would be 1 extra one, a bonus division made exclusively for people who had potential to reach Pro status. If there were lets say 1000 teams of 4. Then there should be 16 teams within that extra division or in other words less than 2%