Sign in to follow this  
aPK

Why Have You Stuck With Halo?

Over time we've seen players move away from Halo - sometimes to other games and sometimes away from gaming altogether. No matter when you started playing or what game was your first, you're still here. As the title asks, why have you stuck with Halo?

Keep responses on topic, and please refrain from passive-aggressiveness, trolling, etc. I will be watching this thread very closely  :quinn:

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Because I enjoy watching the pros play. If they all leave I would never ever watch Halo 4. I have played a total of 2 days in H4. I played 30 in Reach.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I stuck with Halo due to the friends that I have made and because I love to compete in things. Halo brings back a ton of nostalgic great memories for me as well which is why I like to remain in the scene. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Because the intensity you get from playing Halo competitively has yet to be matched in any other game imo

• Upvote (+1) 9

it shares its place as my fav game franchise with Zelda, 

i love the universe, the gameplay, forge, books.

just love Halo <3

• Upvote (+1) 3

I was too young for CE but I've stuck with halo because I watched H2 and H3 played competitively and remember the glory that it once had and the joy that it brought me. Stuck with it because I believe it can return to its former glory at some point

• Upvote (+1) 2

First competitive shooter I ever played was Combat Evolved. Kept me away from a lot of bad decisions through high school and the franchise helped spark my career in the game industry. Always have, and always will support Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's always been "my franchise". I do agree that the last 2 iterations have had a lot of issues but it's still fun to play overall, but nothing will beat the memories of the Halo CE - Halo 3 days.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I currently play about 2 hours a week when friends come over. I wouldn't say I've stuck with it but I do follow it, I follow it because I want to see it return to its former glory.

• Upvote (+1) 4

While im relatively new to the competitive side of halo, i've stuck around and will continue to do so in hopes of competing and finding success in the tournament scene.

Plus my halo friends are awesome. I wouldn't dream of leaving them hanging.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I guess because I hope that somewhere along the way there will be a true Halo game that succeeds Halo 3. I will never stop playing the great Halo games that shaped my 12-19 yrs. H1 through H3 made such an impact on my childhood through Halo lans with my friends and local tournaments.

How can I stop playing Halo when I know from the first three how good a Halo game can be? There was still so much that those games didn't have that could've made them even better. Dedicated servers. Spectator mode. 60 frames per second. So much potential.

So yes. I will stick around until a new Halo game comes out that makes me proud of where Halo has been and excited about where it is going.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Don't know why. It's like I would rather not have fun playing Halo than have fun playing a different game.

I broke/sold at least 10 different Halo 3 disk. I end up buying it again even though I hate it with a passion.

• Upvote (+1) 3

To be fair, I don't know why. Probably just the few friends I've made around these parts. I rarely play the game and if I do, I'm just replying Campaign or Spartan Ops.

I suppose it's because I've been categorizing stuff too. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've stayed because of old nostalgia from the first three games.

It is just now that I am realizing that I am wasting my time continuing on with the Halo franchise. It died a long time ago, but its been a long drawn out death that's done more damage than good. Halo 5 will be the first time where I'm not sure if I'm going to buy it even if it looks good. 

If it turns out great, then awesome. Except that none of my old friends will ever come back (all moved on).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Like Cyren, Halo is just 'my game'. It's hard to put down something I've played for 10+ years. 

And if I'm a honest nerd about it, I am a huge nerd for the Halo universe. I have read all the books, and have more toys than a grown man should admit to owning. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Too many of my best memories occurred while playing halo 2 and 3 on XBL. I have met so many awesome people and had so much fun playing halo competitively and casually to simply move on. I will always stay with halo, even though the last 2 games weren't what we hoped for. The campaigns are also great.

I have fun playing competitive Halo.  There is nothing better than going to every game trying to win and prove you are one of the best. 

I also have high hopes for Halo 5.  343 has listened to the community a lot since the release of H4 (Ex. Team Throwdown, Weapon Balancing, Etc.)  I think they know they made a mistake with H4 and they will try to bring back the classic Halo feel in H5.  With a hope that H5 could be like H2 or H3 why would I leave?  There is just so much potential. 

I am on the forum because I like watching and I love the series. I have not really stuck to playing it. Its why I bought an Xbox and why i bought a 360. Now I have an Xbox One preordered. One reason is because I know I want to play a new Halo, a better Halo, and a classic Halo and I hope i will find that on X1. I cant stand anything about Halo 4. I have 60+ days on Reach, most of those are big team battle. I cant play 3 games of H4 before getting bored. I just hope to everything that is holy that "Halo for Xbox One" Is a good Halo title.

I've stuck with it because it was the first game I played and I'm too familiar with it to drop it for a new game. I've always loved the storyline and the skill it required to be better than others in MP, not just 'who saw who first' like CoD.

I stuck with Halo because I loved the universe, the gameplay, the music, and the fanbase. To me it was the perfect franchise. Something I could play for hours on in and not get bored. I stuck with Halo because it was the only game I could get lost in playing and didn't have to worry about all the day to day BS I had to deal with. That's why I've stuck with Halo. That's why care so much about this game. To me it's not just a game. It's a part of my life that I will NEVER forget.

How can I stop playing Halo when I know from the first three how good a Halo game can be? There was still so much that those games didn't have that could've made them even better. Dedicated servers. Spectator mode. 60 frames per second. So much potential.

Hope springs eternal  :wub:

I have stayed with halo in hopes to see it return (at least somewhat) to its former glory... Plus its hard to give up something I have loved for 10 ish years