Sign in to follow this  
moneymike1025

What really grinds my gears

So its a little late to be bringing this up, but would anyone else have had less of an issue with the online qualifier if they had known about the rtx qualifier more than a week before the event?  I mean its like 343 waits for the last possible second to tell us about cool things they are doing. Check out activision, they already announced a tourney for a game that has not even been released yet!!! 

But then we have 343 who have to shroud everything in secrecy. Why?  At the end of the day all our community is really asking for is transparency from our developer. Yet we continually get given hints of upcoming awesomeness that isnt even awesome anymore because by the time we know what is happening its too late or no one cares! 

Yes the H4GC is coming at the end of the month, but what about after? Halo is at the edge of a huge abyss in terms of staying relevant. If they really want people to stick around now is the time to announce what plans they have for H4 in the next year because with Ghosts, BF4 and Destiny coming out there is nothing keeping people playing halo 4. A huge 4v4 tourney might keep the game relevant a bit longer, but then again do we really even care anymore? 

end rant

• Upvote (+1) 1

If a huge 4v4 tournament was announced people would care. I think a lot of pros would start playing again if they knew they could make good money from the game.

So its a little late to be bringing this up, but would anyone else have had less of an issue with the online qualifier if they had known about the rtx qualifier more than a week before the event?  I mean its like 343 waits for the last possible second to tell us about cool things they are doing. Check out activision, they already announced a tourney for a game that has not even been released yet!!! 

But then we have 343 who have to shroud everything in secrecy. Why?  At the end of the day all our community is really asking for is transparency from our developer. Yet we continually get given hints of upcoming awesomeness that isnt even awesome anymore because by the time we know what is happening its too late or no one cares! 

Yes the H4GC is coming at the end of the month, but what about after? Halo is at the edge of a huge abyss in terms of staying relevant. If they really want people to stick around now is the time to announce what plans they have for H4 in the next year because with Ghosts, BF4 and Destiny coming out there is nothing keeping people playing halo 4. A huge 4v4 tourney might keep the game relevant a bit longer, but then again do we really even care anymore? 

end rant

It might be to early along to announce anything ground breaking because its all being worked on and subject to change if they told us anything.

it's pretty bad when the community leaders are telling us to play CoD... Halo died once the modded game types for NS came out.

• Downvote (-1) 2

it's pretty bad when the community leaders are telling us to play CoD... Halo died once the modded game types for NS came out.

noooo, halo died because the non-modded gametypes we need aren't coming out

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Honestly I think the best time to announce a new tournament is at the GC. Simp because they'll reach a lot more people faster than any other way.

Casuals that are still playing h4 should've realized at one point in the past that there's a huge tournament going to be held. So some of them will tune in to watch the stream. And if they announce a 4v4 on stream all these casuals (and also people just watching because of pax tweets ect.) will see/hear the announcement and spread the word even further.

That's how you advertise a game with low population at least I'd do it that way.

If our community is moving to a hybrid of cod and halo... That means one thing. Halo is dead.

• Upvote (+1) 1