Snerv

Bring Back Real Halo

I saw a video that Scott "Gandhi" Lussier made and it really touched me emotionally. Most of everyone around the Halo community knows who he is.

=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=

Gandhi's Thoughts #63:

=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=

I agree with everything he said in that video and I absolutely hate CoD. It really hurts to see Halo where it is today. Halo was once the flagship FPS, but why?

Halo "use" to take actual skill to play and now really it doesn't. Most of Scott's video explains most things but ill bring it up anyways.

There is no Descope in the Halo 4, which was in all previous Halo titles. 343 took something they thought would be better but brutally failed. Don't fix things that aren't broken.

Sprint. Yes it was in Halo: Reach but atleast the players had the option to disable it and where not FORCED to have it on at all times and no way of disabling it unless a 3rd party modder made a gametype and went into the coding to do so.

Nade tricks. In past Halo games you where able to create tactics with grenades. Weapons and Custom Power-Ups physically where able to move and that made a difference in gameplay. In Halo 4 there are ordnance drops. The ordanance are stable and not able move, stays in place, I mean COME ON 343 IT CAN KILL YOU, just ask Formal's dead body.

Flag juggling. This also was in previous Halo titles. But 343 decided oh it's not a good idea to be able to do that anymore as well. By now you are understanding my point.

In all seriousness if 343's next Halo wants to be as successful as past games, they need to go back and bring that classical feel back. Don't leave anything out, go all out do it. If they don't, then all my hopes will be gone and my heart will be crushed because my favorite game of all time was ruined.

To the people that try to counter-argue my post: Your sayings are false. Compare the populations between Halo 4 and past Halo titles. All I have to say for now, thanks for reading.

Snerv out.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Saying halo 4 is a bad game because of its mechanics, and then telling people to move to COD which has those same hated mechanics (no descope, sprint, finch) makes a lot of sense. Part of why he's telling people to make the switch, is because he's making the switch and he wants his community there too. Because, the hard truth of it is, in the cod world, Gandhi is no name, he's not a household name like he is in halo. And without viewers and pros there to support him, why would they ever choose Gandhi to cast COD over all the other established cod commentators who understand and been with call of duty for the past several years.

Well sorry for spilling the hard truth. Dunno why he's burning bridges either, crapping on AGL events is not going to do well for him as an AGL caster.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I'm not sure why the YouTube video isn't showing up anymore in the post, I tried editing it back in but it won't work.

Saying halo 4 is a bad game because of its mechanics, and then telling people to move to COD which has those same hated mechanics (no descope, sprint, finch) makes a lot of sense. Part of why he's telling people to make the switch, is because he's making the switch and he wants his community there too. Because, the hard truth of it is, in the cod world, Gandhi is no name, he's not a household name like he is in halo. And without viewers and pros there to support him, why would they ever choose Gandhi to cast COD over all the other established cod commentators who understand and been with call of duty for the past several years.

Well sorry for spilling the hard truth. Dunno why he's burning bridges either, crapping on AGL events is not going to do well for him as an AGL caster.

The sad truth is he's right. Halo is going to stay the same for another year. If you want to compete at something worthwhile, go to CoD. I'm sure Goldenboy could get Gandhi a casting job at UMG for an event. He doesn't need us to get him a casting job. He's not burning bridges either. He's been saying this since pre-Atlanta and he could still get a casting job. Why? If not Gandhi, then who? We don't have many casters to fill in for him.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Sprint, no descope and flinch work in cod due to the near instantaneous kill-times.  You cannot simply compare mechanics in a bubble between halo  and COD- you have to consider other factors.  And these mechanics are fine in cod.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Actual competitive map packs please.

And a ranking system.

You need both to survive and they are both of prime importance.

QFT, Gandhi really did not need to make that video it did no good for the community and the message was one of "jump ship". If you want to advise pros in private to take a chance at CoD that is fine, but you dont need to broadcast it to everyone and basically make sticking with Halo seem not worth your time when its not true. 

So bending over and kissing up to AGL is what he should be doing? AGL has dropped the ball not only in events but other issues like not paying pros.  If I was Formal I would have publicly boycotted AGL and try to make the whole Ambush team boycott AGL.  I don't know if his other teammates got paid, but its disrespectful not to pay one of the top players in Halo 4 his well deserved winnings.

And trust me, Gandhi would do fine casting CoD even if not a single Halo viewer transitioned over to CoD and watched him.  The only issue would be if Maven is not commentating next to him.

Why is this impossible?

I didn't say impossible.  I will say that it's unlikely though.  Cod already has a bunch of good casters who know the game.  Gandhi isn't professional and doesn't bring anything they don't already have.  The one thing he has going for him is knowing Goldenboy but honestly Gandhi's casting has taken a turn for the worse.  I know people might disagree with me, but half the time he casts it's just mindless yelling along with the other caster.  He was a lot better at MLG when they were actually professional and organized.

I didn't say impossible.  I will say that it's unlikely though.  Cod already has a bunch of good casters who know the game.  Gandhi isn't professional and doesn't bring anything they don't already have.  The one thing he has going for him is knowing Goldenboy but honestly Gandhi's casting has taken a turn for the worse.  I know people might disagree with me, but half the time he casts it's just mindless yelling along with the other caster.  He was a lot better at MLG when they were actually professional and organized.

To his credit, he is casting H4....  thats a rough job for anyone. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

QFT, Gandhi really did not need to make that video it did no good for the community and the message was one of "jump ship". If you want to advise pros in private to take a chance at CoD that is fine, but you dont need to broadcast it to everyone and basically make sticking with Halo seem not worth your time when its not true. 

To be honest, it's not worth your time. Sure, if you're having fun, then by all means play the living hell out of Halo 4, but if you're like the majority of the community who's playing Halo 4 because we love Halo, then it is a waste of time. The game is only going to get marginally better, and if you're not on the top 3 pro teams, you're not making any money, not that top 3 is making a lot of money in the first place either.

• Upvote (+1) 1

To be honest, it's not worth your time. Sure, if you're having fun, then by all means play the living hell out of Halo 4, but if you're like the majority of the community who's playing Halo 4 because we love Halo, then it is a waste of time. The game is only going to get marginally better, and if you're not on the top 3 pro teams, you're not making any money, not that top 3 is making a lot of money in the first place either.

Top 1 is only making okay money (for Halo), 3rd place at AGL 8 made $125 each which is a fucking joke.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So Halo pros are going to make money playing a game most have little experience with and dont enjoy as much?

I dont really care if players compete in both or some switch over, I just think some people are bandwagoning and promoting that idea is NOT good for the scene.

So Halo pros are going to make money playing a game most have little experience with and dont enjoy as much?

I dont really care if players compete in both or some switch over, I just think some people are bandwagoning and promoting that idea is NOT good for the scene.

Well no they won't win events, but top 8 gets paid out in CoD, and I think if the halo pros put in the time, they could at least get top 8. It's also the experience they get. Halo 4's tournament scene won't offer the same value as CoD's. I mean come on, how many top pros do you see playing all day everyday besides Ninja (excluding this week since most are practicing for the FFA). Most barely touch the game until at least one week before the event. Does that sound like they're enjoying the game? 

If you don't enjoy CoD, that's fine, but I'm sure most pros will at least give it a shot just to have a real feel of competition. The scene for Halo is never going to get bigger with Halo 4. So, ask the question again. Why waste your time?

NO mix of halo pros will make top 8 in a big cod event...

See Ogre 2 and Mikwen. Both had a shot at doing big things in CoD and chose to give it up.