Sign in to follow this  
Clipen

My 2 cents (Before I leave Halo for awhile)

I really don't know what it is with the Halo community - or indeed, if it's similar with other gaming communities - but the amount of D riding towards 'known' personalties is horrendous.

As for Halo...I personally don't see the next Halo going back to it's roots - at best, it arguably has more hope that Halo 4 ever had if we keep in mind what a massive Failure Halo 4 has been - quite literally the least popular Halo game, ever (Of all the main FPS games of course). It only sold more because of it's huge marketing campaign so it would be silly to judge it as a success by sales. In fact, if anything that just proves how poor Halo 4 actually is - the most sales of any Halo game, and yet the least popular online.

Even if by some miracle Halo 5 was good enough to actually grace the Halo name, I'm still not holding out too much hope. Halo has fallen to far now. The last actual Halo game was Halo 3...released in 2007...since then people have left Halo in their drones thanks to Reach and Halo 4.

Of course, I'd love nothing more than to be proven wrong... 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I hope for everyone sake your right. And Halo 5 will get back to its roots of Halo. But I have a feeling that all everyone switching to CoD will do it tell the suits and Microsoft that Halo needs to be more like CoD.

I hope for everyone sake your right. And Halo 5 will get back to its roots of Halo. But I have a feeling that all everyone switching to CoD will do it tell the suits and Microsoft that Halo needs to be more like CoD.

The only thing being is that they already tried the method of turning Halo in to CoD with Halo 4 and it did nothing but damage the Halo series.

The problem with Halo and most sports around the world right now is politics. This happens with the involvement of large sums of money and in the end is detrimental to the game. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm in the same boat man. 19 years old, about to start up my sophomore year of college and I truly miss when I first started watching MLG in 07/08 and every event was so big and exciting to watch.

I've played the last few CoD's and even recently I started playing BO2's more competitive playlists to give it a try. Honestly, it is fun but I find watching Halo infinitely more exciting. I respect the CoD pros and their skill but I will never make the switch from Halo to CoD.

Even if Halo 5 truly is the nail in the coffin, or Halo 4 already is I'll still buy Halo and play it from time to time. However, when I do it will make me sad to see where we are now versus when I first started watching. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hopefully 343 realizes people are switching to CoD because Halo isn't Halo anymore and not because "CoD is better"... And hopefully they don't try to make Halo like CoD again.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I really don't know what it is with the Halo community - or indeed, if it's similar with other gaming communities - but the amount of D riding towards 'known' personalties is horrendous.

As for Halo...I personally don't see the next Halo going back to it's roots - at best, it arguably has more hope that Halo 4 ever had if we keep in mind what a massive Failure Halo 4 has been - quite literally the least popular Halo game, ever (Of all the main FPS games of course). It only sold more because of it's huge marketing campaign so it would be silly to judge it as a success by sales. In fact, if anything that just proves how poor Halo 4 actually is - the most sales of any Halo game, and yet the least popular online.

Even if by some miracle Halo 5 was good enough to actually grace the Halo name, I'm still not holding out too much hope. Halo has fallen to far now. The last actual Halo game was Halo 3...released in 2007...since then people have left Halo in their drones thanks to Reach and Halo 4.

Of course, I'd love nothing more than to be proven wrong... 

I can take the so called "D-riding" but the immeasurable amount of hate and spite pointed towards those who don't deserve it will never cease to both simultaneously amaze and disgust me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I completely agree. I'm proud in a way to express openly how dumb I thought Gandhi's latest thoughts were. I'm also glad people were questioning Ghost on his opinion of H3>H2. Why? It's not because I like seeing these people stressed out or irritated, it's because we can't blindly make choices due to one person's opinon. If everyone really did switch to CoD like Gandhi suggested, there would no longer be competitive Halo, and we sure as hell know that 343 doesn't care if it's gone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Switch to CoD makes no "statement" to 343 IMO that is just plain band-wagoning(switching to a game because its more popular) and Gandhi as a community leader should know better than to even suggest the idea. 

Switch to CoD makes no "statement" to 343 IMO that is just plain band-wagoning(switching to a game because its more popular) and Gandhi as a community leader should know better than to even suggest the idea. 

Not to mention it might send 343 the wrong message.

"Man, Halo fans really seem to like those COD games. We should make Halo 5 even more like COD!"

Not to mention it might send 343 the wrong message.

"Man, Halo fans really seem to like those COD games. We should make Halo 5 even more like COD!"

Oh god...

this logic.. it's so sad. It's so wrong. It's so... 343

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'm sorry but I completely disagree.  He simply stated that if you want to make money as a professional gamer in the console market the smartest thing for you to do is play CoD.

And it's the complete truth.   He isn't "ditching" halo, he is still going to commentate halo events like he has been, but realistically halo is dad for now, and it will continue to be dad unless halo 5 revives it- which is a longshot because as we all know it is far more likely that halo 5 will continue down the road that reach and halo 4 went.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I completely agree.. any person who wants to actually become a "professional" gamer and make $$  needs to switch to COD.  COD is doing nothing but growing, population wise, viewer wise, prize money wise.. everything.

Halo is doing the complete opposite, and not to mention H4 is just a terrible game.

I love Halo and want nothing more than H5 not to fail - but as for now, I cant hate on anyone that makes the switch.  H4 just isnt fun to play. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm sorry but I completely disagree.  He simply stated that if you want to make money as a professional gamer in the console market the smartest thing for you to do is play CoD.

And it's the complete truth.   He isn't "ditching" halo, he is still going to commentate halo events like he has been, but realistically halo is dad for now, and it will continue to be dad unless halo 5 revives it- which is a longshot because as we all know it is far more likely that halo 5 will continue down the road that reach and halo 4 went.

He did not just state it casually though, he vehemently made the point that CoD>Halo right MP wise for all comp gamers which is fuckin obvious to everyone. He made it seem like Halo is completely not worth the time anymore for competitors when he cant predict the future and there is is big events coming up for Halo 4 still.

I would agree with the "Jump ship" message(lets be honest that is what it was) if the H5 preview comes out and there is still no e-sport support and its more of the same but Halo will always be a successful franchise and better competitively than CoD and that alone gives me hope for the future. I really doubt 343 repeats Halo 4, and Frankie did say they were looking at "more traditional tournaments for the future" its just they know H4 is not in the state where that would be beneficial to the game right now.

Completely agree.  While he did say it's the best way to make money, my problem is he acted like the whole community should switch-- majority of the community doesn't compete in events.

You're also completely right about it making no statement.  343 could give 2 shits if the competitive Halo scene went to COD.  In fact, they'd probably prefer that due to no longer getting bitched at for their dumb mistakes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He did not just state it casually though, he vehemently made the point that CoD>Halo right MP wise for all comp gamers which is fuckin obvious to everyone. He made it seem like Halo is completely not worth the time anymore for competitors when he cant predict the future and there is is big events coming up for Halo 4 still.

I would agree with the "Jump ship" message(lets be honest that is what it was) if the H5 preview comes out and there is still no e-sport support and its more of the same but Halo will always be a successful franchise and better competitively than CoD and that alone gives me hope for the future. I really doubt 343 repeats Halo 4, and Frankie did say they were looking at "more traditional tournaments for the future" its just they know H4 is not in the state where that would be beneficial to the game right now.

He never said "jump ship", he repeatedly mentioned that you can play both games.  And furthermore he never said what to do when halo 5 comes out- he was purely talking about the immediate future from now until march.

I just hope the past Halo pros start voicing their opinions more instead of just leaving. Imagine if 100 + past pro Halo players all made a video talking about changes that need to happen in order for Halo 5 to be a success....then tweeted those videos at numerous 343 employees. IMAGINE.

I just hope the past Halo pros start voicing their opinions more instead of just leaving. Imagine if 100 + past pro Halo players all made a video talking about changes that need to happen in order for Halo 5 to be a success....then tweeted those videos at numerous 343 employees. IMAGINE.

Remember the 1-50 ranking system return thread prior to Halo 4 release started by Flamesword with hundreds of thanks and replies? It was the most replied to thread on that forum and it didn't really do anything to change 343's minds about in game ranks or ranked play-lists. 

I think people like Bravo and Quinn who have been actually communicating with the community, understand what Halo 5 needs to be to be successful MP wise but the question remains will the rest of 343 listen?

Switching to Cod is the right decision for professional gamers because their job is to make money off gaming. If they can't do that then they are obviously gonna go where the money is or stop altogether. 

I agree with almost everything you said except this bit. The problem with Halo players moving to CoD is that I honestly can't see them making money. Sure there's a lot of money in the game- but that's if you place well in events. Can you honestly see Halo pros even finishing top 8 at a CoD MLG event? It just wouldn't happen. I agree they need to make money. But they're Halo pros- they're good at Halo, not other games. They may as well just carry on competing at AGL events where they have a much higher chance of winning. Sure the prize money isn't THAT good, but it's better than nothing.

We've survived this long without CoD, why can't we last another year until H5 comes out?

I agree with almost everything you said except this bit. The problem with Halo players moving to CoD is that I honestly can't see them making money. Sure there's a lot of money in the game- but that's if you place well in events. Can you honestly see Halo pros even finishing top 8 at a CoD MLG event? It just wouldn't happen. I agree they need to make money. But they're Halo pros- they're good at Halo, not other games. They may as well just carry on competing at AGL events where they have a much higher chance of winning. Sure the prize money isn't THAT good, but it's better than nothing.

We've survived this long without CoD, why can't we last another year until H5 comes out?

Tha Truth

The thing you guys dont realize is that the Cod pros embrace the halo players coming over and actually played with alot of them when they were dabbling with cod earlier in the year. You guys think that they cant win when they have just as good a chance as the rest of them especially when the pro cod players will give them info on rotations that AM players dont get directly.

Its not just about how they are not getting money is that they want to compete with thousands of people watching thats why they loved mlgs in the first place alot of people went and the friends they cant see on a regular basis.

Stop acting like its some elitest thing and noble to stand by halo while it slowly drowns its a hard reality but face the facts 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1