Sign in to follow this  
Gamble

Ancient

Ancient v1

Hey guys! I would like to start off by saying sorry I havent been that active for a long time due not being able to upload the post because I have been running on a 14day Gold trial for the past week. BUT!.. I tweeted a picture of this map out and a BIG shoutout to @Tashi0106 for sending me a 1month gold card through twitter so I could upload this map to my fileshare! :D Go give him a follow!!

So anyway on with the map....

This map Is kind of like a Simplex/Onyx Inspire map with abit of Sanctuary from H2.

Now the map it self doesn't resemble Sanctuary AT ALL, but what I took from it was the kind of ruin type map sanctuary is and Incorporated it into my map using the trees and rocks available on forge island hence the name "Ancient"

This map is a 4v4 Symetrical map compatible with TS/CTF and yet again I hope to able to get it test for @GH057ayame v5 settings.

Although this map is quite small it has alot of jump ups and I did play test it last night via @HaloWaypoint Retweeting me! :o

The people that I play tested it with thought the map played well, but I think It would play best with the NoSprint Custom settings.

This map may also play well as a 2v2.

Now the weapons and powerup I have placed on the map are:

DMR x2

Light Rifle x2

Carbine x2

Boltshot x2

Plasma Pistol x2

Suppressor x1

Needler x1

Scattershot x1 (Located bottom green) (0 spare clip, 2min)

Sniper Rifle x1 (Located bottom purple) (0 spare clip, 2min)

Overshield (Located to green) (2min)

I hope you guys enjoy the map and If anybody would like to play test the map again please message me on XBL: Gambble, Or download the map for yourself :D

DOWNLOADLINK: http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-gb/players/gambble/halo4/fileshare#!/?section=GameMap&SearchDate=7&SortBy=2&view-select=Tile&startIndex=0&details=e5cb5f6b-9eab-4402-9ee4-20456614c485

post-490-0-72968400-1376575091.jpg

post-490-0-50096100-1376575155.jpg

post-490-0-18426900-1376575263.jpg

post-490-0-95544000-1376575329.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

One can definitely see the inspiration this map took from Onyx. Let's hope it plays as well as the map that inspired it. :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

This map is a 4v4 Symetrical map compatible with TS/CTF and yet again I hope to able to get it test for @GH057ayame v5 settings.

Why would he test a map inspired by Simplex and Onyx when he already has Simplex and Onyx? If anything, one of those two maps should be on the cutting block so we only have one Midship in competitive play. The 2B2T Midship formula is the most repeated, meta exhausted design. The last thing we need is another Midship, and based on the screenshots Ancient doesn't do anything unique to the design. Its basically Simplex with an Onslaught style middle bridge that connects both side towers instead of leaving a gap like Simplex does. The geometry is similar, the lines of sight are similar, the callouts will be similar. Too many similarities. 

Why would he test a map inspired by Simplex and Onyx when he already has Simplex and Onyx? If anything, one of those two maps should be on the cutting block so we only have one Midship in competitive play. The 2B2T Midship formula is the most repeated, meta exhausted design. The last thing we need is another Midship, and based on the screenshots Ancient doesn't do anything unique to the design. Its basically Simplex with an Onslaught style middle bridge that connects both side towers instead of leaving a gap like Simplex does. The geometry is similar, the lines of sight are similar, the callouts will be similar. Too many similarities. 

Thank you for you input, I am sorry this post didn't meet you expectations :( All I want is for them to test it and give me feed back on how to improve my forging skills, thats why I post on here, not to nessasirely put it into trowdown.

Thank you for you input, I am sorry this post didn't meet you expectations :( All I want is for them to test it and give me feed back on how to improve my forging skills, thats why I post on here, not to nessasirely put it into trowdown.

while the thought is honest fated fire is correct. However the journey to building more original maps is a long and hard road and everybody needs to start somewhere. Take this, test it and see what you can learn then apply it with new twist's not seen before. I would hold back on making any comments of putting maps into throwdown as you can set yourself up to be judged. If I see something I think can be worthy I will do everything in my power to get it tested by the right people.

Cheers and don't be let down,

Redemption