LeandroTrooper

What if 343i pulled a Bungie?

Ok listen guys, first I'm hispanic that means my english ain't that good :(
and second, I like to cross borders  :kappa: 

No, but seriously... what if 343 pulled a Bungie. Lemme explain before you start commenting, plz, k, thx.

Bungie, IN MY OPINION, used Reach as an experiment for their game. Seems kinda unprofessional but logic, seen what needs to be done, and got feedback from 13289312780913 people. Seems legit.

But what if, 343 used Halo 4 as an experiment for the next Halo? I mean COME ON GUYS, They're not like Epic who destroys the entire franchise of Gears of War and the only thing they do is adding a Reaper and say "Screw the community" We know that 343 listens and might not really do a lot for Halo 4, but they listen and they probably know what needs to be done in the next Halo.

In my opinion, Halo 4 is the beta for Halo 5, for the very FIRST time we work together, Spanish, American, Aliens, Devs for a better Halo. That's what I'm thinking.

What do you think? Am I handsome or I'm crazy? *Probably both*  ;)

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So...you're saying that...a game dev may build off and learn from their past games?

2crazy4me

But really, I'm sure they didn't intend this, they're just a rookie studio and made mistakes. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

So...you're saying that...a game dev may build off and learn from their past games?

2crazy4me

But really, I'm sure they didn't intend this, they're just a rookie studio and made mistakes. 

Idk if its sarcasm or not... but... I like turtles too.

Yeah, probably, thats why I have faith in H5

It is going to take a lot of originality and love for Halo for 343 to make a game that can get compared to Bungie's CE/2/3.  343 hasn't really proved they love Halo, they just proved they can make a game with a Halo title if Microsoft dumps enough money into it.

It is going to take a lot of originality and love for Halo for 343 to make a game that can get compared to Bungie's CE/2/3.  343 hasn't really proved they love Halo, they just proved they can make a game with a Halo title if Microsoft dumps enough money into it.

Well we have to consider most of 343's dev's had never made a game before together let alone a Halo game. They also had some trouble getting the studio up and running and meeting dead-lines, I think the game was good enough campaign wise it was a nice change of setting its just the MP was pretty underwhelming and was really still in beta phase at launch IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well we have to consider most of 343's dev's had never made a game before together let alone a Halo game. They also had some trouble getting the studio up and running and meeting dead-lines, I think the game was good enough campaign wise it was a nice change of setting its just the MP was pretty underwhelming and was really still in beta phase at launch IMO.

Miami Heat didn't win the NBA championship the first time either. Its obvious the game was rushed like you said. I expect the next game to be better and more polished. I however realize that this is Microsoft's game and not 343i's so whatever Microsoft says goes.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Dumb, they could have just slapped an HD skin on Halo 2 mechanics and it would have been near perfect. Why test anything? Why do experiments? Just use the code you already have and make a good game.

Miami Heat didn't win the NBA championship the first time either. Its obvious the game was rushed like you said. I expect the next game to be better and more polished. I however realize that this is Microsoft's game and not 343i's so whatever Microsoft says goes.

You expect it to be better and more polished, but will that really happen? I've seen all too many sequels be hyped and then fail miserably because of big changes. I don't expect much from them at all. Even after all the bad things being said pre release of Halo 4, I have them a shot because they were unproven. Now, however, they have shown their vision of Halo and have put off so many people. I am going to wait to see if they actually learned their lesson.

I don't buy any of it. Halo 4 had several betas - they're called CE, 2, 3 and Reach.

There was no reason to make sprint an permanent thing - it already failed.

There was no reason to make loadouts - they failed.

There was no reason to not have ranks - that failed.

There was no reason to have a lackluster "small" map pool - that failed.

There was no reason to take giant steps backwards in Forge and Theater.

Seriously, WHO THE FUCK said "Well, the BR has been a 4 shot kill (on LAN) since it was fuckin invented and that's worked really well. Lets try a 5sk." I don't buy this "we're a rookie studio, we made mistakes". You might be a somewhat new studio, but you had over a decade of prior experience with the same fucking IP to go from, and they literally made every wrong decision they could.

I'll give Bungie a pass - there was Destiny Easter eggs in ODST, they didn't give a shit about Reach. But not 343. If Halo 5 isn't goat, I can happily say I'll never touch the series again and have zero regrets.

Fucking Quoted for Truth.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You expect it to be better and more polished, but will that really happen? I've seen all too many sequels be hyped and then fail miserably because of big changes. I don't expect much from them at all. Even after all the bad things being said pre release of Halo 4, I have them a shot because they were unproven. Now, however, they have shown their vision of Halo and have put off so many people. I am going to wait to see if they actually learned their lesson.

Yes, but to understand why I believe that you have to understand what I mean by better and more polished.

Ok listen guys, first I'm hispanic that means my english ain't that good :(

and second, I like to cross borders  :kappa: 

No, but seriously... what if 343 pulled a Bungie. Lemme explain before you start commenting, plz, k, thx.

Bungie, IN MY OPINION, used Reach as an experiment for their game. Seems kinda unprofessional but logic, seen what needs to be done, and got feedback from 13289312780913 people. Seems legit.

But what if, 343 used Halo 4 as an experiment for the next Halo? I mean COME ON GUYS, They're not like Epic who destroys the entire franchise of Gears of War and the only thing they do is adding a Reaper and say "Screw the community" We know that 343 listens and might not really do a lot for Halo 4, but they listen and they probably know what needs to be done in the next Halo.

In my opinion, Halo 4 is the beta for Halo 5, for the very FIRST time we work together, Spanish, American, Aliens, Devs for a better Halo. That's what I'm thinking.

What do you think? Am I handsome or I'm crazy? *Probably both*  ;)

What you just said proves your lack of sanity but I LIKE IT! :D LOL

I don't know why people think the majority do not want sprint and loadouts.

They mean the competitive side or in other words the side that actually matters.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

it seems like the halo community is stuck in a cycle of the 5 stages of grief ever since our game went downhill

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not sure if anyone is like me. I literally don't like any other video game but halo. I bought both Xboxs because of halo. I don't consider me a video game junkie at all, I just like competive halo and without that I don't really play video games. Step your shit up 343i, I need some huge news releases before I even think about buying the Xbox one.

• Upvote (+1) 2

343 is blessed.  All everyone wants now, even less competitive people, is for Halo to go back to its roots.  No one is saying the gameplay is repetitive or it needs a whole new interesting dynamic-- Literally all 343 has to do is make Halo 5 classic and people will go NUTS.  A cut and paste job with a couple of fine finishes really would seal the deal.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

If this is their "beta"(which it feels like) then Halo 5 is gonna suck too. Cause then we're implying it'll be like Halo 4, but more balanced and better tweaked, but there's still all this bullshit.

I'm not sure if anyone is like me. I literally don't like any other video game but halo. I bought both Xboxs because of halo. I don't consider me a video game junkie at all, I just like competive halo and without that I don't really play video games. Step your shit up 343i, I need some huge news releases before I even think about buying the Xbox one.

I'm in the same boat. If Halo 5 doesn't look good pre launch, I won't be buying it nor will I be buying the Xbox One at all.

The competitive halo community is tiny.

It is; however, A competitive game can be played casually but a casual game cannot be played competitively. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

That would be cool if Halo 4 was to "test" the waters and they make appropriate changes to Halo V(lol). I really want to believe Hitman to in the fact that this was the first game for a lot of these guys. If they can't make something good with the people they have added over the length of H4, they never will.

My "Ok" comment must have come off as sarcastic.

- - -

Halo 4 was incomplete, but it certainly wasn't an intentional beta; nonetheless, I believe that 343i have learned from [most of] their mistakes. They have great potential.

I don't buy any of it. Halo 4 had several betas - they're called CE, 2, 3 and Reach.

There was no reason to make sprint an permanent thing - it already failed.

There was no reason to make loadouts - they failed.

There was no reason to not have ranks - that failed.

There was no reason to have a lackluster "small" map pool - that failed.

There was no reason to take giant steps backwards in Forge and Theater.

Seriously, WHO THE FUCK said "Well, the BR has been a 4 shot kill (on LAN) since it was fuckin invented and that's worked really well. Lets try a 5sk." I don't buy this "we're a rookie studio, we made mistakes". You might be a somewhat new studio, but you had over a decade of prior experience with the same fucking IP to go from, and they literally made every wrong decision they could.

I'll give Bungie a pass - there was Destiny Easter eggs in ODST, they didn't give a shit about Reach. But not 343. If Halo 5 isn't goat, I can happily say I'll never touch the series again and have zero regrets.

some day i want to meet you in real life because you are a goat of forums 

The competitive halo community is tiny.

Competitive is tiny in every game look at Cod 1% in league play rest in pubs 

But the competitive players where once casuals so they under stand the whole game