Sign in to follow this  
aBaldGinger

We aren't Asking for Much

For the last three Halo games, it has baffled me how little developers cater to competitive players. We've basically been asking for the same simple things for six years now. We are the 1%? Then why doesn't 343 spend 1% of the effort they spend on campaign/Spops to give us what we want? They could completely satisfy the vocal majority of the community with just a few additions.

The things we have requested that benefit competitive players more than casuals are:

-A consistent, fast killing, skillful utility weapon

-Skillful sniper

-No aim-assist rockets

-A good, niche based sandbox of 4-5 other weapons (can be included in the overall sandbox)

-Visible ranking system

-Spectator mode

-Custom options to reverse 343 decisions

-1 dedicated playlist with all these features

Things like good maps and good weapon mechanics also appeal to casual players.

I fail to see how any of these degrades the casual experience at all, especially with a dedicated playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Speak for yourself when you say "we". You didn't even mention No-Sprint, De-Scope, Better Maps, where the hell did that Rocket Statement come from, and whats wrong with the BR? 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Speak for yourself when you say "we". You didn't even mention No-Sprint, De-Scope, Better Maps, where the hell did that Rocket Statement come from, and whats wrong with the BR? 

no-sprint is included in settings to reverse 343 decisions. Why the hell should rockets have aim assist? The BR has spread, remove that and it's instantly better.

• Upvote (+1) 2

no-sprint is included in settings to reverse 343 decisions. Why the hell should rockets have aim assist? The BR has spread, remove that and it's instantly better.

the br without spread is just a dmr...

• Downvote (-1) 5

So DMR with spread is just a BR?

no because the dmr is one bullet, the br is 3 bullets which creates the spread. do the math...take the br bullets and make them compact into no spread, it might as well just be one bullet...

• Downvote (-1) 8

no because the dmr is one bullet, the br is 3 bullets which creates the spread. do the math...take the br bullets and make them compact into no spread, it might as well just be one bullet...

Yes it will be similar to the DMR but if you swipe you can kill three different people if they're all one shot. DMR can't do that so technically it wont be a DMR with no spread, but rather a more accurate BR. I have mixed feelings on the BR spread but if the community wants it i'll adjust. Rockets have very little auto-aim and thats okay. it's not like you can aim perfectly with rockets every time anyways. Descope is a must and so is the ability to toggle no sprint.

the br without spread is just a dmr...

So DMR with spread is just a BR?

If I'm wrong just let me know, but doesn't the DMR still have some bloom associated with it?

Yes it will be similar to the DMR but if you swipe you can kill three different people if they're all one shot. DMR can't do that so technically it wont be a DMR with no spread, but rather a more accurate BR. I have mixed feelings on the BR spread but if the community wants it i'll adjust. Rockets have very little auto-aim and thats okay. it's not like you can aim perfectly with rockets every time anyways. Descope is a must and so is the ability to toggle no sprint.

if it has ZERO SPREAD...the bullets WILL NOT SPREAD. The spread comes from the bullets coming out one at a time. If you make them all come out at one time (zero spread) it is just one chunk of bullets, it doesn't matter if you swipe it because it would be a ZERO SPREAD...

The BR is a perfect gun the way it is

• Downvote (-1) 1

If I'm wrong just let me know, but doesn't the DMR still have some bloom associated with it?

zero bloom means zero bloom...

zero bloom means zero bloom...

yeah I know what ZB means, but when you fire the DMR, the circle in the middle does enlarge and then decrease, similar to the pistol...I haven't used the gun at all since the update so I wasn't sure. 

yeah I know what ZB means, but when you fire the DMR, the circle in the middle does enlarge and then decrease

yes with bloom -____-

The BR is a perfect gun the way it is

No it isn't.  With spread there is automatically an issue of randomness inserted into the game, where at longer ranges you can have your aim dead set on someone and you still miss a bullet or two because of the random spread.

And please don't say that  a BR with no spread is the same as the DMR.  There is a clear marked difference in that the br shoots three individual bullets each after each other.  This means that for that split second that you are pulling the trigger you have to keep your aim on target for all 3 bullets to hit- otherwise you can miss.  And yes,  you can also hit multiple targets side by side.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean, they gotta make their money. But still, the easiest thing to do would be to just add a ranked competitive playlist (I haven't played Halo in two months so idk, maybe this might be in there by now).

yea it is pretty simple...

Give us a 1-50 Ranking System (make it hard to get a 50 like in H2.... H3 seemed like 50's where given out like candy)

Keep Halo... Halo (no sprint and descope)

Give us good maps out of the box, small, arena style maps

Give us an off/on setting for all gay crap to be in Halo 5.... cuz we all know its coming, and thats cool. Just let me turn it off

Lucifer, there's a difference between burst fire and spread. You can remove all spread from the BR and it still functions as it does now, except all three of the bullets are fired precisely at what you're aiming at (bullet magnetism notwithstanding). There is still the time delay between the bullets of the burst and because of that you can still swipe the burst across an area, potentially hitting multiple targets or leaving cleanups on unshielded foes as easy as they are currently.

And as nice as a no spread BR would be it's still less technically demanding to get headshots with than a pistol or DMR would be. I'd really appreciate 343 if they can deliver an accurate, quick killing, single shot weapon with 2x magnification which is clearly intended to be the utility weapon in the next game. No guessing games by making four different rifles which all could fill that one niche but have their own quirks.

• Upvote (+1) 1

For the last three Halo games, it has baffled me how little developers cater to competitive players. We've basically been asking for the same simple things for six years now. We are the 1%? Then why doesn't 343 spend 1% of the effort they spend on campaign/Spops to give us what we want? They could completely satisfy the vocal majority of the community with just a few additions.

The things we have requested that benefit competitive players more than casuals are:

-A consistent, fast killing, skillful utility weapon

-Skillful sniper

-No aim-assist rockets

-A good, niche based sandbox of 4-5 other weapons (can be included in the overall sandbox)

-Visible ranking system

-Spectator mode

-Custom options to reverse 343 decisions

-1 dedicated playlist with all these features

Things like good maps and good weapon mechanics also appeal to casual players.

I fail to see how any of these degrades the casual experience at all, especially with a dedicated playlist.

Unfortunately that isn't all it will take anymore :( The next Halo literally has to be on the level of Halo 2 gameplay-wise, have no issues online whatsoever and has to have a perfected ranking system, spectator mode and of course they have to take out sprint and put back in De-scoping otherwise even if we get the option to toggle those things on and off it will split the community and the competitive scene will be buried by the next Treyarch CoD game which will be better than Black Ops 2 and Ghosts 100%

If they added all those things we would still find things to bitch about. 

That is what we do. 

But we would actually play the game and people would start noticing competitive Halo again. Regardless, a Halo game implementing these features would be at least as good as Halo 2.