nfe

Does 343 win back your trust with the new update?

Hell of a necro but at the same time this thread is so good at showing how nothing has changed and how stupid it is to believe they'll listen. I'll never expect or believe they're creating a game I'll enjoy. If they do it then I'll be happy but they get zero credit or benefit of the doubt until it happens because that is exactly what their work indicates they deserve.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Hell of a necro but at the same time this thread is so good at showing how nothing has changed and how stupid it is to believe they'll listen. I'll never expect or believe they're creating a game I'll enjoy. If they do it then I'll be happy but they get zero credit or benefit of the doubt until it happens because that is exactly what their work indicates they deserve.

Exactly. "343 gets it" is like saying "the walls in my bedroom that I've been talking to for the last six years totally understand me". I mean just today Ske7ch posted on reddit again saying "an answer to MCC has never been closer guys! Stay tuned". We've been through the tragic-comical-tragic cycle like 10 times at this point. They don't listen and they don't care (they are really super nice people though). All we can hope for is that the stars align one day and that they accidentally make a good game.

• Upvote (+1) 8

The answer is so easy too. MAKE A CLASSIC HALO GAME.

This doesn't even seem like a hard task to me. Please 343 for the love of all things Halo. Why is this so hard for you to grasp?

Who knows, but my guess is they're too scared they'll scare off the current fans that they have left. We've had abilities for seven years now and that's what people are used to. I'd be fine if they just started weaning people off of abilities in the next game and started the classic transition.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

343 hasn't done anything impressive since removing bloom and adding bleedthrough in Reach.

And that was fucking 6 years ago.

• Upvote (+1) 4

343 hasn't done anything impressive since removing bloom and adding bleedthrough in Reach.

And that was fucking 6 years ago.

Maybe “impressive” isn’t the right word, but I was VERY pleasantly surprised with the Turbo update in H4.

The problem is that they’ll release inexplicable shit in direct defiance of tons of feedback, and then slowly scrape shit off the pile over the next couple years, and then release another inexplicable lump of shit like they learned nothing.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Maybe “impressive” isn’t the right word, but I was VERY pleasantly surprised with the Turbo update in H4.

The problem is that they’ll release inexplicable shit in direct defiance of tons of feedback, and then slowly scrape shit off the pile over the next couple years, and then release another inexplicable lump of shit like they learned nothing.

i dont remember specifically which update was what but csr was a sham and didnt work. The br buff to a 4shot was a sham because they also lowered the rof. The dmr still had bloom and the br still had spread even though it was clear we didnt want these things when the biggest request from reach was removing bloom. And ofc we still had sprint, no flag dropping, and no oddball right? Boltshot nerf like you said "hey we hear youdont like the boltshot. We will fix it" in response that you shouldnt spawn with a pocket shotgun and all they do is reduce hold time. God bless 343.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

We did have Oddball, it was just hilariously broken because you could throw it across the entire map.

Agree with everything else though. The turbo update broke quite a few things, but I can't remember the specifics.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well this major but much justified necro shows what they've done to Halo in these past 6 years is that they'll never learn. Halo 4 dropped the ball and MCC screwed the pooch. I didn't even buy Halo 5. 343 won't win my trust back probably even with Halo 3 Anniversary knowing they'd somehow manage to fuck that up too.

I think I speak for many in that if they're going to win the trust back of millions of Halo fans, they'd have to do a hell of a lot of marketing and ViDocs to physically show they'll be sticking with Halo's roots. That means that in their marketing, no hint of Sprint, no Spartan/armor abilities, and no ADS for starters.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I still can't believe ZBNS Reach was a thing and we are still begging for something akin to this to return, 2 mainline Halo titles later.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I still can't believe ZBNS Reach was a thing and we are still begging for something akin to this to return, 2 mainline Halo titles later.

Because ZBNS is still a more functional Halo game than Halo 4 or 5.

• Upvote (+1) 6

A spark of hope still remains. 

Who knows, halo 6 might go back to classic halo with decent looking maps and everything. They might have actually listened to feedback and give the fans a good halo game.

Lol joke, they will copy all the Destiny abilities next and we'll have triple thrust. 

Nope. Halo 6 is gonna be a pay-to-win hero shooter. Even if it's not straight up P2W, it's gonna be heavy on microtransactions. Those and Overwatch-style hero games are what's hot right now. We all know they 343 has no originality and loves to steal elements from other popular games. They would do that way before they ever made classic Halo game and appealed to the OG fans.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Nope. Halo 6 is gonna be a pay-to-win hero shooter. Even if it's not straight up P2W, it's gonna be heavy on microtransactions. Those and Overwatch-style hero games are what's hot right now. We all know they 343 has no originality and loves to steal elements from other popular games. They would do that way before they ever made classic Halo game and appealed to the OG fans.

shit

• Upvote (+1) 1

So we could have Hero/villain versions of Spartans/Elites. But to play one of these heros you have to get UNSC credits as a "Recruit" first. The recruit will be basic with no sprint or anything, classic playstyle. So the game will be designed around No Sprint or abilities. 

The competitive mode will be only recruits with power pickups that let you be hero's for 30 seconds which aren't too OP. And all the social warzone mode will allow you to play as hero's straight up and it can be the imbalanced ability mess the other crowd want. 

I'm reaching aren't I?

I think 343 suffers from not being an independently corporated studio. Nobody or me has any evidence of it but i just get the strongest feeling that even the Tallest members of 343 want an inspired Halo game but are forced into checklist development from Microsoft and Investors who's only imagination stems from Naive consumer surveys and trend stats. IDK i can't rationalize their neglect for the correct direction otherwise.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Of course I trust 343. They made MCC playable and gave us FREE dlc for Halo 5. They added all that extra content to H5 when they didn't have to. Some people will just never be satisfied. Smh

• Downvote (-1) 2

Until they take Halo back to how it was during Halo: CE>Halo 3 I will not trust or support them.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Haha I can't believe you guys are still responding to this.  Glad I brought it back to life. 

I think 343 suffers from not being an independently corporated studio. Nobody or me has any evidence of it but i just get the strongest feeling that even the Tallest members of 343 want an inspired Halo game but are forced into checklist development from Microsoft and Investors who's only imagination stems from Naive consumer surveys and trend stats. IDK i can't rationalize their neglect for the correct direction otherwise.

Sometimes it can be hard to empathize with sheer stupidity. 3+4=1th (343 logic)
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Of course I trust 343. They made MCC playable and gave us FREE dlc for Halo 5. They added all that extra content to H5 when they didn't have to. Some people will just never be satisfied. Smh

hqdefault.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 8

Haha I can't believe you guys are still responding to this. Glad I brought it back to life.

we should call you Dr. Quitestein.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Sometimes it can be hard to empathize with sheer stupidity. 3+4=1th (343 logic)

Lmao that really made me laugh. Another one I heard was a Halo YouTuber's motto who would say 343's logic is 3 steps forward, 43 steps back. :laughing:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lmao that really made me laugh. Another one I heard was a Halo YouTuber's motto who would say 343's logic is 3 steps forward, 43 steps back. :laughing:

But actually 43 steps back would be great.

• Upvote (+1) 3