nfe

Does 343 win back your trust with the new update?

Trust? No, never again. I do however believe that they have the necessary people, tools, and knowledge to make Halo 5 a great game if they keep up there support, and actually listen to our feedback for H5 instead of just using it just for balancing H4,

By all means I am happy with the changes that have been made, but it is just absolutely MIND BLOWING that this game didn't have many of these features already in the game.  Although there are plenty of things cosmetically and logical not in Halo 4, I do think 343i will vastilly improve come Halo 5.  But I do not trust them like I once did Bungie.

The CSR is pointless, I've not noticed any change in the game when it came out, its just a number in the waypoint site, it has no effect in game at all since even though I'm level 50 in some gametypes, I still play against people who just bought the game...

The update is a good start, the game felt pretty nice last night when I was playing, but Halo 5 will be the real test. If they can release a good game that doesn't need a bunch of title updates and all that crap then, yes it will make up their past mistakes. 

The CSR is pointless, I've not noticed any change in the game when it came out, its just a number in the waypoint site, it has no effect in game at all since even though I'm level 50 in some gametypes, I still play against people who just bought the game...

Haha #winning

H1 comes out. No patch needed. 

H2 comes out. Balance disaster. Patch is released, game is "saved", but still crap compared to H1. 

H3 comes out. Balance disaster. Gametypes are severely adjusted, Bungie adds MLG playlist and "saves" Halo, still plays like crap compared to H2. 

Reach comes out. Balance disaster. Patch removes bloom late in the game and "saves" Halo, Forge community tries desperately to make decent maps. Plays a little worse than H3 (save for better netcode). 

H4 comes out. Balance disaster. Weapon and map overhauls "save" Halo, ranks added way too late. Still plays like crap compared to v7 Reach. 

BUT IT'S OKAY GUYS - H5 IS WHEN WE'LL BREAK THE CYCLE. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hey, I never said that Bungie wouldn't have fucked things up in H1, given the chance. 

lol. remember the glitch where when you throw a grenade your feet stop moving

so when you throw a grenade then strafe you look like a majestic god floating on air haha.

Also how the scorpion driver could get shot out so easily you could three shot him or snipe him

so easily lol. just a couple things that could've been patched.

343 will win back trust if when Halo 5 ships it includes the following:

4sk br

No sprint (or the option to turn off/turn DOWN sprint speed for competitive)

No flinch

Descoping

VISIBLE 1-50 true skill (and social/ranked playlists like in h3)

Timed weapon spawns

A wide selection of GOOD medium sized maps and not a bunch of BtB maps

No ordnance/the option to turn it off

If Halo 5 ships with all that then I will put my faith back in them.

The problem is that, I think that there are a lot of good people over at 343, but the higher up managerial types simply don't understand gaming. They think "CoD has a massive audience, let's just copy that".

It betrays their basic understanding of the game and the reason people continue to play the game. The reason h3 for example was absolutely huge online with a massive population was because there were some awesome maps, the VISIBLE 1-50 system was addictive as hell, and for those who didn't want to play ranked there were extensive social playlists.

I always hear people say "1-50 was removed because it encouraged boosting and account selling". SO WHAT. We all encountered boosters. Yes, it was annoying, but I will take that any day over not having a visible ranking system at all. 

343 have a final chance with halo 5 but they honestly need to be smart and not listen to these higher up business exec types that just want to copy CoD and import that game style. 

Halo is halo. Keep it like halo. Don't make a bunch of drastic changes to attempt to steal players away from CoD. They need to focus on getting back all the OLD halo players who quit the game because it was utter trash. 

If they do another update they should remove that animation when you take the sword out. Weapon switching is already slow enough. We don't need extra time added on top of that.

They came to us when the population was at its dead end. I don't think they've earned it fully, but they are taking the right steps.

I'm afraid that 343 is making changes now only because they realize that they have to.

What scares me is that 343 goes into Halo 5 thinking that the only mistakes they made were not fixing the mistakes before launch instead of recognizing the massive shift in core gameplay over the series that has created 5 different and very separate fanbases.

What still blows my mind is that realistically speaking, the guns of the future have become so amazingly inaccurate through technological disadvances, that even an AI calculating the aim and the strongest of humans can neither control nor aim the bullets where they want to go and the weapons are incapable of shooting straight. Then, to top that off, the Spartan has all of a sudden developed firearm parkisons jerking about everytime he is shot (a medical condition only recently come to light).

No, not really.

I mean, like everyone said, it's the same damage control that happened on Reach with ZBNS; this time is fixing weapons that shouldn't have been broken or changed in the first place, which makes it a bit worse than just "adding in new features" blindly.

The 4SK BR is okay, but it still feels "off" to me compared to other Halo games. But alas, it IS an improvement and should be acknowledged as such.

I think if they made Halo 5 like Halo 3, hitscan, no sprint, ranked playlists with ranks in-game, changed AAs to on-map 1-use power ups, made more competitive small or small-mid maps, better distinct map areas (for both callout purposes and quicker/easier recognition off spawn)... and added in a few new weapons, then yes, I'd have faith in them more.

But as of right now? No, I don't quite trust them yet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes, but I never fully commit to things of this nature... Too many variables. But from what they have been doing it looks like they are finally taking the communities toughs into consideration. So long as the next title brings in the rest of the requests we have made then I will continue to support but if I see more of the crap we got from Halo 4 vanilla then I might tag out and commit to a PC life.

their game isn't completely terrible anymore but its still not anywhere near where it should be so... no.

No, not really.

I mean, like everyone said, it's the same damage control that happened on Reach with ZBNS; this time is fixing weapons that shouldn't have been broken or changed in the first place, which makes it a bit worse than just "adding in new features" blindly.

The 4SK BR is okay, but it still feels "off" to me compared to other Halo games. But alas, it IS an improvement and should be acknowledged as such.

I think if they made Halo 5 like Halo 3, hitscan, no sprint, ranked playlists with ranks in-game, changed AAs to on-map 1-use power ups, made more competitive small or small-mid maps, better distinct map areas (for both callout purposes and quicker/easier recognition off spawn)... and added in a few new weapons, then yes, I'd have faith in them more.

But as of right now? No, I don't quite trust them yet.

Solid post man. Even though I was and am not a fan of Halo 3, I could compromise and take that over what we have currently. Lack of Hitscan BR has a lot to do with what ruined Halo for me. I still think Halo 3 maps were crap and the kill times were too long, but I would play that before I would Halo 4.

I'm skeptical that 343 is willing to go back to the beginning of what made Halo Halo or even if they could without messing it up. I'm not calling them inept or incapable. I'm just skeptical that magic like what CE was and how amazing it felt to play even when you're losing is something I am unsure if anyone is capable of mimicking, let alone surpassing. The experiences of Halo 2 is what made the game so amazing to me and why I have such fond memories of H2 and MM. H3 ruined it with a game I knew wasn't fair, and the teams started to become the shadiest of Halo kids with team switching and dropping players after a few bad games.

Nope. Halo 4, MCC and Halo 5. 343's killed this franchise for me, I have no idea why I even come to these forums lol.

A spark of hope still remains. 

Who knows, halo 6 might go back to classic halo with decent looking maps and everything. They might have actually listened to feedback and give the fans a good halo game.

Lol joke, they will copy all the Destiny abilities next and we'll have triple thrust. 

Nope. Halo 4, MCC and Halo 5. 343's killed this franchise for me, I have no idea why I even come to these forums lol.

These forums are more entertaining than 343's Halo games.

• Upvote (+1) 7