nfe

Does 343 win back your trust with the new update?

i was being sarcastic 

Wow that's funny. I really did have this idea that they were going for a lightweight and refined game, a simple and intuitive fps. You know, with the red reticle and intuitive "triangle of Halo" (punch, shoot, nade).

This update is good, but I still don't trust 343i.

After hearing what development at 343i was like for Halo 4, and after seeing how 343i handled the launch of Halo 4, I don't feel confident with Halo 5. Especially considering what we have heard about the XONE, it just all around doesn't look like a good future for Halo.

Again, the updates are great and I love how 343i is listening but I still feel uncomfortable about both Microsoft and 343i. 

These recent changes and my better feeling about the game don't erase what happened.

lol no Halo 4 sucks and will always suck until we go back to original Halo 1, 2, and 3 mechanics 

wats your sig ?

As soon as the remove the DMR from the map and it can't be used in customs or match making I'll be happy it still game breaking and can out shoot a BR even if its 4sk..

It's definitely another step in the right direction, but I feel like this was at the bottom of my list of 'complaints'. There are far bigger fixes to be done first. 

They earned my trust back when they put nbns reach. Then I lost that trust when Halo 4 came out. They made the right move again. Hopefully they don't fail again.

I see a lot of negative THC kids doing the same ol thing...

Seems to me like categorizing real people in an attempt to dehumanize them is the same old thing...which you seem to be practicing.

Respond to a specific post or shut your fucking mouth. Generalizations will get us no where.

Lets not turn this into a negative environment - The game is actually REALLY fun right now if you havent played the New 4sk update I highly recommend you do

the game isn't "REALLY fun" right now, yes initial impression is a positive but there are still things in the game that we have to deal with that ruin everything.

- customizable loadouts

- bad maps, bad community maps getting chosen

- sprint

- shit spawns

- fast weapon despawns

- lack of descope

- personal ordnance

- insanely over powered weapons

- instant respawn

yes, intial impressions of this update are good allowing me to enjoy the game for a short period of time, but, once i got used to it all the shit that is still currently there ruins everything. i'm just going to stick to customs and good community maps using modded gametypes because then i can actually enjoy myself a bit.

do i trust 343i? of course not, they've made no attempt to reform the community cartographers to get rid of all the corruption, still love to pull bogus PR stunts and can't even properly balance a sandbox, they're just doing what the community asks for not what is actually best for the overall sandbox.

have 343i learned from there mistakes? god no, they don't actually recognize that what they have done to halo has completely butchered it, what they recognize as failure is failing to make the game appeal to the "casual" crowd and that DLC wasn't appealing...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Seems to me like categorizing real people in an attempt to dehumanize them is the same old thing...which you seem to be practicing.

Respond to a specific post or shut your fucking mouth. Generalizations will get us no where.

Was hoping we could get beyond all the negativity at this new site but I guess that was naive of me.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I have some experience with the cartographers and the individual I deal with seems to value others' opinions more than his own.

The core gameplay of Halo 4 is pretty solid imo - it was just missing some features at launch.

However - When 343 hired Bravo and Quinn  + Josh Menke (who worked at Blizzard on the SC Ladder system)  Thats when they won me over, because I could see they were making an effort to respond to what the community wanted.

And on a refreshing note, Quinn, Bravo and BS Angel are always interacting with the community on twitter, websites, etc - Some of the guys here at Beyond including myself have gamed H4 with Quinn on XBL Several times where he is always asking for feedback on the game and weapons.  Its that kind of stuff that gives me some SERIOUS confidence for the remainder of Halo 4, and heading into Halo 5   :bravo:

I defintely think 4sk is a huge improvement for this game. Combined with 110% movement speed, strafe and map positioning is suddenly relevant

This is because they are not spartans raised from 6-10 yrs old. These are spartan IV's who were previously special ops in other branches of the military who then were selected to go through the augmentation as adults. They don't have respect for the power they have been gifted. I think thats the point they were making with the campaign. The MC was raised from childhood to be a spartan, these IV's were adults when they became spartans and therefore they lack the respect found in the Spartan II's

I ddin't know that, thanks for shedding some light ont he topic =]

THUMBS UP FOR A TITLE UPDATE

NO FLINCH

NO SPRINT

DESCOPING ON  Beyond%20Ent%20Logo.png

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Not really, no. I mean the changes are great, especially this late with such a low population that still plays the game. However nothing has really changed, they are still adamant when it comes to infinity settings, sprint, etc., and they never really admitted they made a mistake nor was anyone fired. 

Pretty much sums up what i think.

They made a broken game and took IMO way too long to fix things. They've done a decent job making things better, its now quite playable, but the community should have gotten this a long long time ago.

I appreciate the update, but no. They went from NBNS Reach to Halo 4. They'll have my trust if Halo 5 is a good Halo game at launch. Things are going in the right direction though.

I won't say I trust them. But I will say that they are starting to make the right choices with regards to matchmaking. Do you know that some people actually complain that 343 are spending too much time with matchmaking and not enough with spartan ops. Those people should be castrated.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm conflicted. On one hand, vanilla halo4 is horrible and the few months after released just plain sucked. It's simply not fun and shows they didn't understand their audience or fans. On the other hand, ever since February they have made steady improvements and continually hired people that I really do trust.

The only certain choice for me, no preorder or buy without an open BETA. I'm not getting burned again, no matter how much I love Halo.