nfe

Does 343 win back your trust with the new update?

What happened the last time 343 fixed a Halo game? 

Halo Reach No Bloom No sprint was incredible :)

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo Reach No Bloom No sprint was incredible :)

Correct. And after that they made......

Lets not turn this into a negative environment - The game is actually REALLY fun right now if you havent played the New 4sk update I highly recommend you do asap 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Lets not turn this into a negative environment - The game is actually REALLY fun right now if you havent played the New 4sk update I highly recommend you do asap 

THANK YOU

My bad. I just wish they could provide us with some no bloom/spread Halo 4 gametypes.

343 has stepped their game up. And Halo 4 is definitely more fun now. . . when you aren't playing with SHITTY RANDOMS against WARRIORS that eat your bullets like a buffet. Yes, outside of those seemingly constant circustances, the game is certainly more fun.

Here's to hoping they can keep this trend going and I'll defo start trusting them again.

this new update surpassed my wildest dream, halo 4 is the perfect competitive arcade fps

thanks 343i !

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's not really 343i that has gotten back my trust. I'm really for Quinn & Bravo as individuals.
Yes, I know that "they" are both part of the new 343i but they were invited to the party after the fact.
Now that the both of these guys are on the scene things are finally starting to get done for the better.

this new update surpassed my wildest dream, halo 4 is the perfect competitive arcade fps

thanks 343i !

Lol. Mod edit I assume?

this new update surpassed my wildest dream, halo 4 is the perfect competitive arcade fps

thanks 343i !

mike!

They'll gain back my trust once they keep moving forward and make Halo 5 perfect.

Until then, they just need to keep making baby steps...

-Alias

Just got on after my first game of throwdown since the new Title Update. Oh my fucking god, all the nostalgia it brings from Halo 2&3 makes me cry. I quit Halo before this, I literally had no faith in 343i because they choked Halo and nearly killed it, with the movement speed increase and the 4-shot being introduced they've taken all that's good about the series and have taken a pretty great leap into the right direction. All i'm saying is that as long as they listen to the community and take into consideration serious polls, like Ghosts - No Sprint/Descope Poll etc. They will come out with a title that the core of the Halo community live for and they will bring people back like myself. 

I'm more worried about the Xbox One and what the hell is going on with that, than the next Halo title being bad.

-Inversion

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm optimistic so, yes. With bravo and Quinn in the loop it gives me a little more hope.

Not really, no. I mean the changes are great, especially this late with such a low population that still plays the game. However nothing has really changed, they are still adamant when it comes to infinity settings, sprint, etc., and they never really admitted they made a mistake nor was anyone fired. 

It is a right step in direction though, now I just am waiting for Legendary Slayer (is that even still happening?) and some proper playlist management. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

the thought process of 343i is one thing, but what makes me doubt is the Microsoft team that 343i is pitching their idea to.

thanks 343i !

When you say "competitive arcade fps", what do you mean?

To me this is a pretty good explanation of what Halo is and what people want it to be.

I first thought of this when I played Halo Reach. Big explosions, plays were easier to pull off. It was super refined and seemed very intuitive. I could imagine bad players having a nice time.

But tell me, what did you mean?

I have no faith in 343i at all to be honest.

The guys at 343i don't seem to respect the integrity of the lore. The Spartan warriors in the Halo 4 story line are power hunger angry war machines. As far as the previous games have gone, as well as the books, Spartans are well educated supreme beings that excel greatly in all areas. This includes the obvious physical talent and the mental talent, they fight necessarily rather than because they can. This however Isn't how they're portrayed in Halo 4. In Halo 4 I recall the scientists being called egg heads and stuff which Isn't the attitude that the Spartans have in the books. They're non-confrontational.

This is because they are not spartans raised from 6-10 yrs old. These are spartan IV's who were previously special ops in other branches of the military who then were selected to go through the augmentation as adults. They don't have respect for the power they have been gifted. I think thats the point they were making with the campaign. The MC was raised from childhood to be a spartan, these IV's were adults when they became spartans and therefore they lack the respect found in the Spartan II's

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't fully trust them, but I definitely trust them more than before. I think the low population and serious fan backlash was a big wake up call for them. I think it maybe let them know not to change the "core" of Halo. Look back at the first 3 Halo games and go from there. Why would you expand off of Reach which everyone knew was a step down. Expand and learn off of what was the most successful. 

Bravo and Quinn have earned my trust and gratitude. 343i has a chance to redeem themselves with halo 5, till then I'm not too impressed with them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't fully trust them, but I definitely trust them more than before. I think the low population and serious fan backlash was a big wake up call for them. I think it maybe let them know not to change the "core" of Halo. Look back at the first 3 Halo games and go from there. Why would you expand off of Reach which everyone knew was a step down. Expand and learn off of what was the most successful. 

That's the thing. They KNEW that. But they wanted to "go big", bro.

When you say "competitive arcade fps", what do you mean?

To me this is a pretty good explanation of what Halo is and what people want it to be.

I first thought of this when I played Halo Reach. Big explosions, plays were easier to pull off. It was super refined and seemed very intuitive. I could imagine bad players having a nice time.

But tell me, what did you mean?

i was being sarcastic 

lol no Halo 4 sucks and will always suck until we go back to original Halo 1, 2, and 3 mechanics 

i made this same exact post and it got deleted