reiku78

For halo 5 you need a certain CSR to do rank matches.

I was thinking about this today at work. Since everyone wants ranked and social playlist to funnel out the hardcore players vs the new and will not play the game for 3 months players why don't we put in a system you must be a CSR of 30 or 35 to be able to access the ranked playlist.

Another option I thought of was you get a option when you first start the game asking are you a hardcore player or a casual player. If you pick hardcore you get ranked matches only and no worry about getting stuck with BK's that onl get 2 kills and 35 deaths you'll get people your skill level. If you pick casual you play social only playlist.

What do you guys think and add on to the ideas.

So what I'm seeing is that Social Playlists have CSR(which defeats the purpose of Social). What does Ranked Playlists have?

Halo 2 or 3 style ranking system for ranked playlist. I just put down CSR cause it was the only thought of at the moment sorry lol I just got home from work. Social can CSR so the casual kids can still play people who are slightly better but not as hardcore as in ranked.

I disagree with this because, Pros sometimes make new accounts and having to wait until a certain rank would be so time consuming and i don't think that would be very smart to do. everybody should be able to play ranked playlists regardless of how good you are.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I disagree with this because, Pros sometimes make new accounts and having to wait until a certain rank would be so time consuming and i don't think that would be very smart to do. everybody should be able to play ranked playlists regardless of how good you are.

Thats why I added the second option saying at the title screen when you first play the game you get two options ranked or Social after you pick lets say ranked you stay playing ranked until you go into options and switch over to social if you want to play social.

This system only worked in LoL at the beginning because everyone was new to the game. However in our case, when Halo 5 comes out I'll be fairly experienced and I'd rather not wait till CSR 30 to start ranking up. Just works with new games.

Wut.  So you're saying that you need a rank, in order to enter the playlists that rank you.

Fuck that.

I'd rather have playlists that do not rank you in any way (social)- not even hidden rankings, and the other playlists to rank you.

In other words ranked/social.  Easy.

Let's just have social playlists and ranked playlists again.

Yeah. That sounds nice.

Exactly lol. No reason to change something that worked so well in h2/h3 which obviously were the best MM experience games halo has had.

Nothing better than having the rush and that gut feeling going into every game having to try hard to get up to a 50, it was so addicting, you would almost be scared to search games in fear of losing your rank which promoted playing with the best players on your friends list which indirectly creates teams. And then there's social for when you just wanna relax and play for fun/dont care about the shitty teammates you will inevitably get

The best thing halo 5 could do is revert back to an original halo layout.  Bring back all the classic core game mechanics and make them fit 60 fps and dedicated servers.

Did you read my second half of my post. or just read the first bit?

Yes. That's over-complicating a simple concept. What's the use of asking the player how they want to play and going through the trouble of having to switch when you want to play differently? That's what the playlist divide is for. If I want to play hardcore, I'll play Team Slayer where I'll get matched with someone of a similar skill level based on my in-game rank and I'll play Social Slayer when I have some friends over and don't feel like trying my heart out.