CyReN

AGL 7 Knoxville Discussion

Watching the Warriors vs Ambush scrims it doesn't look like the break hurt Warriors. Seem to be working good with APG too.

edit: then he goes negative lol

it has been nice. i am wathcing mainly Ninja's POV. wanna see the chemistry on the new warriors

1. Ambush (Heinz, Formal, Snipedown, Pistola) - Just too far above everyone else.. especially in terms of individual skill.

2. Warriors (Legit, Goofy, Ninja, aPG) - Honestly, I only have them placing in 2nd because of the addition of aPG. If they had left RyaNoob on the team, I would have had Status Quo placing above this team.

3. Status Quo (Flamesword, Enable, Ace, Dersky) - This is a good team in a quiet way. I would not be surprised at all to see them place 2nd.

4. Believe the Hype (Cloud, Lethul, Maniac, Blaze) - I LOVE this team so much, but they are the furthest thing from an online team. I know this team isn't built for online performance. They won't perform until they get to LAN. I have faith that this team can beat most of the top 12. 

5. Reality Check (Suddoth 1, Suddoth 2, Absolutely, Monster) - I may be reaching here, but they performed very well at Nashville (even taking a game from Ambush), and they play well online. Let's see what they can do. In order for them to place this high though, Suddoth 2 must play as well as he did at Nashville. There can be none of that consistent negative double digit Sud 2 happening.

6. Classic (Chig, Mikwen, Russo, RyaNoob) - I feel awful for predicting this team at 6th, and I'm expecting hate for predicting them below RC, but predicting 5th and lower is really hard. Classic has shown great signs, but Russo scared me yesterday. Hopefully, it was just an off night. I feel as if Mikwen and Chig are going to have to play lights out in order for the team, as a whole, to perform. They are the two better players in terms of talent on this team.

7. Severance (Gabriel, Munoz, Aptitude, Sargoth) - This team is a giant question mark for me. Gabriel is sick. I'm not sold on Munoz, and Aptitude needs to go. I don't know much about Sargoth either.

8. Hold Your Applause (Spartan, Sir Siege, Showtime, SickStory) - Hmm, I know SickStory performs online very well. I know Spartan is very good at this game. Showtime has much experience in competition. Siege... I know nothing about. I think they can play well though.

9. Crowd Pleasers (Nemassist, Cratos, Shooter, Lifestyle) - When it comes to their gameplay, this team seems so bipolar to me. I cannot get a damn grasp on how they are going to play ever. They either show up to a series or they don't. This is why I have them 9th. If they can play consistently at the level I know they can, they'll place higher.

That's all I can predict (and even that was difficult). I don't have Slaughterhouse in the top 9 because from what I've seen, that team is just not working out. That team is a slaughterhouse, and they're the victims... which is a shame. I want to see Neighbor on a good team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Those games between Ambush and Warriors last night were a great display of Halo. It was honestly surprising to see considering how poorly Warriors had been playing going into that series.

I know online scrims aren't the greatest tool to measure a team by, but at the very least it helps reassure me that my favorite team will be there at the end.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've been watching Crowd Pleasers play the last few nights on Nemassist's stream.  They have beaten Warriors 5-0 and 2-1, last night they destroyed Pure ( Trey, devin, Hunter and TheRealStr8Sick).  It is online so we'll have to see what happens come Saturday in Knoxville.

They have the skill & teamwork, they just need to be on fire on Sunday

~~~~~~~~~~

Immortal, Escape, or Mercy to be the dark horse team of the event

By far the easiest prediction to make is Gandhi, Maven, Ghost, & Bravo to destroy in the booth ... For me that alone will make the event.

They have the skill & teamwork, they just need to be on fire on Sunday

~~~~~~~~~~

Immortal, Escape, or Mercy to be the dark horse team of the event

Completely agree! 

People need to get to Nemassist's stream and watch these guys each night.  Over the last three nights the series with Warriors stands at 12-4 Crowd Pleasers, and last night they scrimd Classic and took them 7-4.  Crowd Pleasers have been grinding hard now for well over 3 weeks, really looking forward to seeing how they do in Knoxville!

Completely agree! 

People need to get to Nemassist's stream and watch these guys each night.  Over the last three nights the series with Warriors stands at 12-4 Crowd Pleasers, and last night they scrimd Classic and took them 7-4.  Crowd Pleasers have been grinding hard now for well over 3 weeks, really looking forward to seeing how they do in Knoxville!

Crowd Pleasers has been putting the time in to place well at Knoxville, but Warriors & Pulse Classic will play much better on LAN

It'll be interesting to see how far CP can go if they play up to their potential

Crowd Pleasers has been putting the time in to place well at Knoxville, but Warriors & Pulse Classic will play much better on LAN

It'll be interesting to see how far CP can go if they play up to their potential

CP could really use a coach, wish you could attend and coach them.  Any ideas who might be available?

CP could really use a coach, wish you could attend and coach them.  Any ideas who might be available?

Check your private messages

Classic=

Everyone is focusing on Ryanoob wanting "revenge"(or whatever you want to call it) for being dropped from Warriors but remember APG got dropped from Ambush and I think that should do something for Warriors if they end up playing against Ambush.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I really want an underrated team to win it. Some amateur team that just gets it done. That'd be entertaining to watch.

Realistically speaking though, Ambush is probably going to win. I'd say their chances of winning are around 80%.

"Crowd Pleasers has been putting the time in to place well at Knoxville, but Warriors & Pulse Classic will play much better on LAN."

It's called adderall.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

"Crowd Pleasers has been putting the time in to place well at Knoxville, but Warriors & Pulse Classic will play much better on LAN."

It's called adderall.

It's called no bullshit and actually caring.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 3

nothing better than all the pre-hype, drama, trash talk before an event.

any predictions on the Uncle Sudd v. Nasa?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

nothing better than all the pre-hype, drama, trash talk before an event.

any predictions on the Uncle Sudd v. Nasa?

Uncle Sudd to intimidate Nasa so much he forgets his callouts. RC to take 1st in Grand Finals.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

so there are 62 teams as of now...the tournement was open to 120 teams am i right? is this going to decrease the prize money? 

If classic gets match up with Warriors in the loser's bracket and beat them, it could spark a momentum swing and they could take Ambush out. SQ always show on Sunday. This event have the best chance to put on a show. Here are my prediction:

1. Ambush

2. Pulse Classic

3-4. Warriors/Status Quo

If classic gets match up with Warriors in the loser's bracket and beat them, it could spark a momentum swing and they could take Ambush out. SQ always show on Sunday. This event have the best chance to put on a show. Here are my prediction:

1. Ambush

2. Pulse Classic

3-4. Warriors/Status Quo

Going to be a great tournament. Warriors keeps Formal & Snip3down, down then they'll be fine.