CyReN

AGL 7 Knoxville Discussion

Munoz is on twitter saying something along the lines of his ride bailed so SVR might be moved to the 12th seed or not go at all 

Brad has confirmed they can pick up AM players and keep there seed 

this ambush squad has the highest amount of individual skill of any team....., maybe ever tbh

only teams that are close in this regard are shoot to kill in the early days, fb 07..or that triggers team with hysteria, snipedown, and fis

Watched the Bth vs Reality Check and Bth vs. Warriors scrims rebroadcast(Cloud Pov) and the results were.

1.Simplex Flag: 5-2 Reality Check

2. Haven Ext: 5-4 Reality Check

3. Onyx Slayer: 50-48 Bth

4. Skyline Slayer: 50-43 Reality Check

5. Dispatch Flag: 2-1 Reality Check

Reality Check looking pretty strong

Now for the Bth and Warriors scrim

1. Station 9 Ext: 5-4 Bth

2. Abandon: 50-48 Warriors

3. Simplex Flag: 4-2 Warriors

4. Skyline Slayer: 50-43 Warriors

5. Adrift Flag: 4-3 Warriors

6. Haven Ext: 5-4 Bth

7. Onyx Slayer: 50-43 Bth

8. Dispatch Flag: 5-2 Warriors

Bth isn't looking very strong but they should play better on lan.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Watched the Bth vs Reality Check and Bth vs. Warriors scrims rebroadcast(Cloud Pov) and the results were.

1.Simplex Flag: 5-2 Reality Check

2. Haven Ext: 5-4 Reality Check

3. Onyx Slayer: 50-48 Bth

4. Skyline Slayer: 50-43 Reality Check

5. Dispatch Flag: 2-1 Reality Check

Reality Check looking pretty strong

Now for the Bth and Warriors scrim

1. Station 9 Ext: 5-4 Bth

2. Abandon: 50-48 Warriors

3. Simplex Flag: 4-2 Warriors

4. Skyline Slayer: 50-43 Warriors

5. Adrift Flag: 4-3 Warriors

6. Haven Ext: 5-4 Bth

7. Onyx Slayer: 50-43 Bth

8. Dispatch Flag: 5-2 Warriors

Bth isn't looking very strong but they should play better on lan.

They may do better on LAN, but I think in that Warriors scrim, one of BTH was pulling host. And they still lost.

AGL 7 Predictions and Players to Watch

Top 12:

• Ambush
  • Warriors
  • BTH
  • Status Quo
  • Severance
  • Classic
  • Crowd Pleasers
  • Hold Your Applause
  • Reality Check
  • Slaughterhouse
  • Hydra
  • Immortal

Players To Watch:

Heinz: Halo veteran who has won numerous MLG events and is currently the commander of Halo team that should never lose a slayer gametype. Might not get enough credit because of his savage teammates, but this kid is an objective mastermind with an underrated shot.

Goofy: Probably the player that needs to prove the most at AGL 7 (Ryanoob Dilemma and Leaving the Country). Seems to rise to the occasion under pressure. Has proven he is good on LAN and has a Clutch factor. (Triggers Down Pit Slayer and the MLG Halo 4 launch event)

APG: Seems to be the best player on Warriors based off of recent online scrims. It will be interesting to see how he meshes in with Warriors because he has stressed that his team needs better communication. Known as having one of the best BR/DMR’s since he stepped on the scene. It will be interesting to see how he plays against his old teammates that dropped him from what was already considered an unstoppable Halo team.

Ryanoob: Was dropped after winning MLG Dallas and placing 2nd at both AGL Chicago and Nashville in Halo 4. Was on the team Infamous that first defeated the God Squad at MLG Raleigh in the Halo Reach era. It will be interesting to see how Ryanoob interacts against his old team. In order to succeed Ryanoob needs to balance out objective with slaying and focus on talking trash after the game.

Lethul: Was also on Infamous when they defeated Instinct in 2011. Has hated Halo 4 since November 6, 2012. After placing poorly at AGL Nashville he needs to prove that his Halo skill still exists. A Top 3 finish would be a major win for internet trolls everywhere.

Blaze: Was also on the Infamous team that won MLG Raleigh. Haven’t seen much from him in Halo 4. Hope to see some of his flashy plays and bold objective decisions that helped Infamous win Raleigh 2011. He just dropped a 25 Bomb on Onyx Team Slayer in a scrim against Warriors.

Elamite Warrior: One of the best Halo Pro’s of all time who mainly succeeded in the Halo 3 era. Retired after the 2011 MLG Columbus NBNS event and commentated for the Halo 4 launch event. Will most likely be unpracticed for AGL 7, but he did seem to be the GOAT when 343 invited pros to test out their game.

Gabriel: Very good player that lead Severance to the 3rd seed. It will be interesting to see if he and his team can place top 4 with new and better competition at AGL 7.

You never talk shit after the games...
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Ahhh this thread.

I've been out of the game for quite a while but I wouldn't bet against Ambush going off that roster alone.

I'm an Enable fangirl though so SQ Top 1

• Upvote (+1) 1

They have proven time and time again they barely show up to LAN and don't end up placing well. They've also proven that they do very well on online scrims because of Host. Did you rewatch all the times where someone on their team would eat shots and literally drop no shields when the shots landed?

I have no idea how you can rewatch that broadcast of CP-Warriors and blame the host it was clean.  If you recall, this is the first event that CP has really spent time online practicing for.  As west coast kids they always had to play on east cost hosts and would get destroyed, so I have no idea where you get the idea that they proven they "do very well online?"  Crowd Pleasers without Nemassist placed 7th at Nashville.  All that said, it's just online scrims...nobody cares about them.  LAN this weekend will tell.

Mainstage looks pretty sweet for only a 67 team event. Good job Battlefield Knox.

With AGL moving up to 5 streams this weekend we felt this would be a perfect opportunity to make it easier for viewers to watch all the Halo action in one place this weekend. Check out the NEW AGL stream page.

iI4mlAK.png

• Upvote (+1) 3

With AGL moving up to 5 streams this weekend we felt this would be a perfect opportunity to make it easier for viewers to watch all the Halo action in one place this weekend. Check out the NEW AGL stream page.

iI4mlAK.png

Cyren this is amazing. Gonna be a life saver this weekend!

How good is Reality Check? I don't have a good idea how good the players are

They stomped on BTH and they seemed almost evenly matched against Pulse Classic. Plus apparently Battlefield Knoxville is their turf so they're coming out swinging.

iI4mlAK.png

b0e.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

Who do the older team name rights belong to? When I say older team names I am speaking of team names like 'str8 rippin', 'carbon', 'final boss'.. Did those team names die with H3/Reach??

They stomped on BTH and they seemed almost evenly matched against Pulse Classic. Plus apparently Battlefield Knoxville is their turf so they're coming out swinging.

(As a forum post, it will always come off in a cocky or biased manner if you are talking about a team you are onor a fan of, but here goes)

If you say us winning 5-2 on their quad host is even :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

BTH sucks SO much online though, they will probably kill RC on LAN though 

(As a forum post, it will always come off in a cocky or biased manner if you are talking about a team you are onor a fan of, but here goes)

If you say us winning 5-2 on their quad host is even :)

I must have only watched this games they won then cause they looked pretty good. LOL my bad though.

BTH sucks SO much online though 

No doubt, constantly getting destroyed, for their sake they better be LAN gods.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Top 5 for AGL7

1. Ambush
  2. Warriors
  3. Status Quo
  4. Believe The Hype
  5. Classic

I could see Severance doing a lot of damage too.