Sign in to follow this  
Monk

The Halo 4 Spawn System

Yep, I link that site in my article. That's where I got most of my information. Great site. Wish we knew a few things:

What does LOS look through?

Radii of influencers on all canvases used in competitive play?

Cylindrical or spherical zones of influence?

What part(s) of the spawn point or spawning spartan model are taken into consideration for the spawn calculations?

If we knew all those things, I would say we have a thorough knowledge of how spawns work.

Im glad someone is bringing this up amongst all the "map" and "flinch" threads (which are valid as well, not denying it). The problem with Reach's and H4's spawn system is much more subtle and less experienced players dont really understand/see any of it.

The MAJOR issue I have with this f-ing H4 spawn system is how much influence your line of sight has on spawns. This wasnt the case at all in H3 or H2 as far as I know. WHY would you let the system change spawns just when Im looking in the general direction the spawn point in question? Its so freaking idiotic and anti-competitive.

I know they are trying to avoid spawn slaying.  But honestly, when you are ABLE to take into consideration  so many factors in your head before determining where a player should spawn (where they had previously died, where your teammates are, your opponents...) WHY shouldnt I be rewarded for that foresight/analysis? Just because some players cant do that/ are too lazy to, do we need to once again stoop to the lowest level and make it considerably harder AND more random to call spawns?

The heavy influence on losin combinaton with sprint explains why I have so much trouble conrtoling the other teams flag spawn on simplex. It seems like no matter what they spawn where ever side im not looking at even if it makes sense. This is exactly why I liked halo 3 . Spawn killing was a basic component to the game especially on maps like narrows , pit and onslaught.

The heavy influence on losin combinaton with sprint explains why I have so much trouble conrtoling the other teams flag spawn on simplex. It seems like no matter what they spawn where ever side im not looking at even if it makes sense. This is exactly why I liked halo 3 . Spawn killing was a basic component to the game especially on maps like narrows , pit and onslaught.

Halo 3 had it awful where you could literally look at spawns with a Sniper pointed at the guy's head.

The spawn system works fairly well with no sprint actually.

Also line of sight is the biggest negative influence I believe.

Halo 3 had it awful where you could literally look at spawns with a Sniper pointed at the guy's head.

I consider this a good thing since it adds to the skill gap and what you can accomplish with more knowledge.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I consider this a good thing since it adds to the skill gap and what you can accomplish with more knowledge.

knowing where the enemy will spawn = good. Knowing the exact location giving yourself the ability to get a free kill = cheap/bad map design/spawn placement. However being able to make someone spawn in a predictable pattern is a skill.
  • Upvote (+1) 1