Sign in to follow this  
ilikewinning2

Gametypes for Halo 5

One of the things I've always loved about Halo is the diversity of it's gametypes. When i don't feel like playing in competitive playlists, or just want to play some party game types, there's always been a multitude of options. Unfortunately 343 didn't really include many gametypes in Halo 4. In fact, they took out many, many gametypes from the mix.

Assault, Territories, Invasion, VIP (which i guess is more or less regicide), Stockpile, Headhunter, Race and Juggernaut are all base gametypes that were not included in halo 4.

In Halo 5 id really like to see every gametype that we've seen, in every halo game. The more gametypes we have the easier it is to create custom gametypes. Not only did 343 forget to include a bunch of these gametypes but they also changed gametypes like flag and oddball (in my opinion for the worst) without giving us the option to use "classic" settings.

Gametypes for halo 5 should include:

Slayer, Capture the Flag, Oddball, Assault, King of the Hill, Territories, Stockpile, Headhunter, Invasion, VIP (and/or regicide), Extraction, Infection, Griffball, Juggernaut, Dominion, Ricochet and any new gametypes they add to the mix.

I at least hope they include a bit more variety, even if ALL the gametypes aren't present.

• Upvote (+1) 2

One of the things I've always loved about Halo is the diversity of it's gametypes. When i don't feel like playing in competitive playlists, or just want to play some party game types, there's always been a multitude of options. Unfortunately 343 didn't really include many gametypes in Halo 4. In fact, they took out many, many gametypes from the mix.

Assault, Territories, Invasion, VIP (which i guess is more or less regicide), Stockpile, Headhunter, Race and Juggernaut are all base gametypes that were not included in halo 4.

In Halo 5 id really like to see every gametype that we've seen, in every halo game. The more gametypes we have the easier it is to create custom gametypes. Not only did 343 forget to include a bunch of these gametypes but they also changed gametypes like flag and oddball (in my opinion for the worst) without giving us the option to use "classic" settings.

Gametypes for halo 5 should include:

Slayer, Capture the Flag, Oddball, Assault, King of the Hill, Territories, Stockpile, Headhunter, Invasion, VIP (and/or regicide), Extraction, Infection, Griffball, Juggernaut, Dominion, Ricochet and any new gametypes they add to the mix.

I at least hope they include a bit more variety, even if ALL the gametypes aren't present.

Agreed with everything said. If the game's population slowly declines in time, 343 should start removing the less popular playlists from MM, though.

I would also like to see a community run Action Sack gametype, too. Like Halo 3's one, I thought that was really fun. Players could submit their own fun gametype to 343 and they will test it and if they like it/has enough support, can put it into MM for others to play.

Also, 343 need to stop with the crap they pulled at launch with "test running" some of the popular gametypes and then removing them 2 weeks later to add a new one in. From the top of my head, Snipers and SWAT were added/removed when they both have quite large communities.

Agreed with everything said. If the game's population slowly declines in time, 343 should start removing the less popular playlists from MM, though.

I would also like to see a community run Action Sack gametype, too. Like Halo 3's one, I thought that was really fun. Players could submit their own fun gametype to 343 and they will test it and if they like it/has enough support, can put it into MM for others to play.

Also, 343 need to stop with the crap they pulled at launch with "test running" some of the popular gametypes and then removing them 2 weeks later to add a new one in. From the top of my head, Snipers and SWAT were added/removed when they both have quite large communities.

Even if they don't include them all in MM, or if they have very low appearance rates, the option should still exist in the game.

And don't forget the fact that it took months to get a team doubles playlist lol

Even if they don't include them all in MM, or if they have very low appearance rates, the option should still exist in the game.

And don't forget the fact that it took months to get a team doubles playlist lol

Yeah, that was another one. Halo 4 launch was so bad.

I would love to see the return of KoTH and oddball in competitive and even just plain MM. Race would be great too, I had a lot of good laughs playing Rocket Race back in H3.

It's always good to also include, while on the topic of gametypes, even in the gametypes that we still have with 343, there are less options. 1 flag CTF is a good example of this though there are many more instances.

We need the gametypes to return as well as the options as far as I'm concerned.

Imagine how much better people would have received CTF if you could disable the flagnum, autopickup, and waypoint. 343 needs to learn that Halo players like playing Halo the way they want to play it. We wouldn't have to be in a constant battle with the developer if the just gave us options to begin with.

...No sprint anyone?

Juggernaut, VIP, and Regicide could all practically be the same gametype(may even be possible now).

You just need to give king traits either based on who killed the last king, randomly per-team, and based on highest score.

Juggernaut, VIP, and Regicide could all practically be the same gametype(may even be possible now).

You just need to give king traits either based on who killed the last king, randomly per-team, and based on highest score.

The only difference is that the juggernaut and VIP are chosen randomly. But I do agree with you that we don't necessarily need all 3. I just included everything for the sake of including everything.

So long as they give us the options to do what we want then that's fine. But we need the options.

And why does 343 not cut down on playlists right now? like theirs 2 Btb playlists 2 FFa regicide and rubble pit when the h4gc ends and ctf and Dominion need to me 5v5 Team Objective

I'd rather have fewer game types with more options than more game types with fewer options. It's possible to make Regicide out of Slayer in Reach just because of the depth of customization. Game types like Haloball, Race, and Infection need to be available at launch; waiting for them to be modded nine months into the game's life (all three have been modded as of now) is not the way to go, although I'm fairly certain it was a result of time constraints.

And I'm absolutely certain that everyone would want Assault instead of Grifball, because you can make Grifball with Assault... but not vice versa.

• Upvote (+1) 1