Sign in to follow this  
BattlefieldKnox

Halo 2 or 3 LAN Event interest?

I'd like a H1 LAN.  There is a bigger LAN community for H1 than H2 tbh so you might have a better chance getting players for that

Though a big Halo 2 LAN would make me shed tears of pure gold, I feel like more people would show up to a Halo 3 one. The interest is definitely there, I'm sure. Just streaming Halo 3 makes kids go crazy.

So you mentioned H1-H3 as possibilities, if its a "throwback" event I would like to see H2 4v4/FFA and H1 2v2 TBH but H3 would probably draw the most teams as its the only XBL Halo left of the three. But if its 12-16 teams I think any Halo could pull that amount I believe the H2 throwback event at Howie's Game Shack in Cali not so long ago sponsored by Bungie pulled like 80 for FFA and 12-16 teams but I could be wrong.

If a throwback event was actually advertised well and run at a centralized tourney venue like Battlefield Knoxville I could see more.

As everyone is saying, H3. It's been mentioned that it's the only XBL supported game and you can't underestimate the role that practice will have at this event. If you want 2 elite teams, with a bunch of second tier teams, CE/H2, but if you want competition, you have to go with H3.

Although, I'd rather a ZBNS tourney than H3. I like the idea of my shots going where they're supposed to, and being able to challenge a sniper from S2 to S2 on the Pit

Halo 3, teams would actually be able to practice for it. If only H2 was still on xbl...sigh

better yet why not a Reach v7 tourney? 

edit: I didn't even see the part about CE....do that instead. If you're really considering doing two games, add Reach v7.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Maybe even make it a multi-day thing and do Halo CE as well?

If we're going throwback, CE should be the pinnacle/focus of the event, not some sideshow to the competitve juggernaut that is Halo 3.

If not H3,  ZBNS or Halo 2, just not 3.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This is how a CE event will go:

Everyone acts hard and excited about it, all the CE kids say how awesome it is and they wish they could attend but they cant. Then while on stream, everyone complains about how bad the players are and how little teams show up. The chat complains about how they dont know anyone and how bad the quality is. Then a H1 vs H2 vs H3 vs Reach vs H4 battle clogs up the chat. The forums criticize for not having H3 to get a better turnout. And whoever wins gets no respect because there was no one good there.

This is not a dis on H1, its just what would probly happen.

Actually, since it'd probly be 2v2, there could be a decent turn out. Combine that and H3 (ability to practice) and it could be neat.

• Upvote (+1) 4

A couple thoughts:

Prize money?

If so, where's it coming from?

Will you have teams pay to play?

If so, how much? And how much goes to what?

Castors?

If so, who?

Are they getting paid?

Flight + hotel only?

So, those are just a couple thoughts I had.

Do Halo 2 or 3, I don't care. Just make sure the prize money is there, and that people know months in advance.

I would say Halo 2, but I think it would be hard to get that many boxes with post patch H2 on it since it hasn't been on live for over 3 years. Pre-patch H2 is absolute trash, so I'd vote H3.

I heard teapot was interested in helping the prize pool if a event hosted h1. Though idk for sure, he'll probably post here himself

I heard teapot was interested in helping the prize pool if a event hosted h1. Though idk for sure, he'll probably post here himself

He really wants to do it in Orlando.