Sign in to follow this  
BattlefieldKnox

Halo 2 or 3 LAN Event interest?

That's essentially what I am envisioning. I'm hoping to bring multiple parties together who have the same vision and seeing if we can all get on board. There's tons of logistics to work out, and lots of parties that need to talk to each other. I know AGL has a close relationship with 343i, so if AGL was on board, would we put more focus and priority towards Halo 4? Do we offer Halo 4?

The problem with multiple titles of the same series, is that we have time constraints on these tournaments, and it will be tricky to schedule or keep to schedule.

Halo CE - 2v2

Halo CE - FFA or 1v1

Halo 2 - FFA

Halo 2 - 4v4

Halo 3 - 4v4

We can't have 4's/2's/FFA/1v1 for every title, so in my opinion, these tournament settings would most likely be best.

CE would have the smallest turn out so its safe to say 2v2 would be it. Halo 2 for 4v4. Halo 3 for 4v4 and FFA.

I'm guessing if you show up you get to compete in every title? Or would be decided on which pass you'd buy?

If you get to compete in everything it would be best to knock out the 2v2/FFA on Friday (I'm guessing it'll be a three day event) Halo 2 Saturday, finishing the first two rounds of Halo 3 that night and finishing it up on Sunday.

CE would have the smallest turn out so its safe to say 2v2 would be it. Halo 2 for 4v4. Halo 3 for 4v4 and FFA.

I'm guessing if you show up you get to compete in every title? Or would be decided on which pass you'd buy?

If you get to compete in everything it would be best to knock out the 2v2/FFA on Friday (I'm guessing it'll be a three day event) Halo 2 Saturday, finishing the first two rounds of Halo 3 that night and finishing it up on Sunday.

I assume it would need to be a 3 day event. It's just too early to say which title will have the most and will have the least competitors or teams. If I can get all parties on board, Halo CE might have the biggest prize pool and have the most incentive to bring back old players. Most CE players are older, more dedicated towards traveling and have a higher chance of being able to cover expenses needed to compete.

Since it's been SO long since a proper CE tournament, I could see this one drawing in 32 teams. The prize money should be enough incentive to draw in old players, vets who have kept it up, as well as offer enough incentive for people who never played CE competitively to give it a shot.

If this EVO style thing doesn't work out, I don't see Halo CE being a big draw by any means. Same with Halo 2. I only see Halo 3 being somewhat successful as a stand alone.. so for all this to work, it's got to be similar to EVO.

I assume it would need to be a 3 day event. It's just too early to say which title will have the most and will have the least competitors or teams. If I can get all parties on board, Halo CE might have the biggest prize pool and have the most incentive to bring back old players. Most CE players are older, more dedicated towards traveling and have a higher chance of being able to cover expenses needed to compete.

Since it's been SO long since a proper CE tournament, I could see this one drawing in 32 teams. The prize money should be enough incentive to draw in old players, vets who have kept it up, as well as offer enough incentive for people who never played CE competitively to give it a shot.

If this EVO style thing doesn't work out, I don't see Halo CE being a big draw by any means. Same with Halo 2. I only see Halo 3 being somewhat successful as a stand alone.. so for all this to work, it's got to be similar to EVO.

I'm not sure how evo does their passes but logistically speaking it would be easier to allow everyone who buys a pass to compete in every game.

As far as prize pool proportionally maybe have Halo CE with the biggest payout but overall payout to the 4's since Halo 2 and three will have the biggest turn outs.

I'm going to be contacting them about this as well, and will most likely try to help in the prize department. What are you looking to bring to the table?

It largely depends on how the event scales. If they can get past 48 teams.... possibly 5 figures. Mainly through sponsorship/advertising.

I'm talking about Halo 3 by the way.

That doesn't make much sense.

"We're starting another halo trilogy, might as well neglect all the progress the past 4 games made since we didn't make em, despite the fact that bungie employees that worked on previous halo titles are now working with us." Hahaha

I think you forget that Bungie didn't make a whole lot of progress, at least, not intentionally.

I think you forget that Bungie didn't make a whole lot of progress, at least, not intentionally.

When I say "progress" I'm referring to the massive amount of feedback they've amassed.

General e-mail was sent yesterday. I'm waiting on a couple different group's response and then i'll be sure to update.

^^  We are still down for running something like this if the interest and help from a Third Party is there.  (UGC / Gamer Nation / etc)

Cancelled our original plan so we didn't interfere with AGL....

Would you guys be able to reach out to UMG and see if they'd be interested in hosting it? They seem to have a fair amount of sponsor support as well as credibility. I know @@Prophet has interest in Halo, they just wanted to get more team passes sold. I think that with a company like UMG, they'd sell more passes considering they're consistant and have made a reputation for themselves as being reliable.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why couldn't  AGL just host their event here at BFK? i mean why indianapolis there is nothing special there...

Indianapolis is actually a pretty neat city, but I guess not a lot of people would expect a ton out of Indiana.

• Upvote (+1) 1

5bc2581fef334b57a049907570c7be1a@2x.gif

Haha, all that people think Indiana is. True for most of Indiana, but Indianapolis and the suburbs are pretty cool.

Why because i dont like how Halo is slowly turning into COD?

BR spread, melee hitboxes and equipment, that's why. 

I would vote for H3, just because teams can practice without having to meet up to LAN. It has good maps, and is enjoyable to watch, but some of it's mechanics are unappealing.

We're actually doing a Halo 1 Tournament on Tube TV's using the old Xbox on Nov 16th.

Also running a GoldenEye 007 (N64) Tournament that same day.  

Will the CE tourney be streamed? 

• Upvote (+1) 1