Sign in to follow this  
BattlefieldKnox

Halo 2 or 3 LAN Event interest?

I would say Halo 2, but I think it would be hard to get that many boxes with post patch H2 on it since it hasn't been on live for over 3 years. Pre-patch H2 is absolute trash, so I'd vote H3.

agreed it would have to be 3

Halo 1, I would never inconvienece myself for halo 3.

I have 8 regular xbox's and a halo 2 map pack disc, ready to help if it means avoiding a halo 3 tourney.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 3 please, so everyone going will see that this is what Halo was, and how halo should be today

H3 would be the best choice. It still brings in a decent amount of viewers on twitch and overall its better to watch than halo 4.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 3 on lan is much better than you guys remember. I don't want to say all of the game's problems disappear on lan but most of them do. Halo 3 had better maps than ZBNS sooo

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 3 would have the most success and would be great for viewers.

If you could get Puckett to commentate, Faruq to lock it up, and some Old Spice commercials we would all appreciate it.

For 4v4 I'd rather see Halo 2 (provided you can get the maps & patch) or ZBNS Reach over Halo 3.

For 2v2 Halo CE all the way.

As everyone is saying, H3. It's been mentioned that it's the only XBL supported game and you can't underestimate the role that practice will have at this event. If you want 2 elite teams, with a bunch of second tier teams, CE/H2, but if you want competition, you have to go with H3.

Although, I'd rather a ZBNS tourney than H3. I like the idea of my shots going where they're supposed to, and being able to challenge a sniper from S2 to S2 on the Pit

its called LAN!! your shots still hit. but you actually have to have a good shot, not so much reach

Posts like these make me lose faith in the competitive community.

Why because i dont like how Halo is slowly turning into COD?

Best solution:

Halo 3 4v4 tournament

Halo CE 2v2 tournament

Everyone happy, everyone wins.

Rule Number 1 about the Halo Community.

There will ALWAYS be unhappy people.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Rule Number 1 about the Halo Community.

There will ALWAYS be unhappy people.

haha. I think that is just human nature.

• Upvote (+1) 1

haha. I think that is just human nature.

Agreed, but more so with the Halo community than other gaming communities because each Halo title has drastically changed from the previous Halo in one way or another. Leads to split communities. 

Agreed, but moreso with the Halo community than other gaming communities because each Halo title has drastically changed from the previous Halo in one way or another. Leads to split communities. 

I couldn't agree more with you good sir.

• Upvote (+1) 2

H2. Do you guys remember the last Reach event? They had an awesome series in H2. Lockout ball warlock flag Sanc slayer. Midship! It was fucking glory days relived. H2 has the best maps and a consistant BR (H3's BR was bad)

Don't even say H3 has Pit because that map needs to die.

No, because you think 3 is a good game. 

Halo today should be like CE, not 3. I'd settle for 2 or ZBNS, but not 3.

And to address your other post, it's basically impossible to 4 someone tower to tower on the pit on LAN, just because of the BR spread. 

Because competitive halo 3 is so vastly inferior to its predecessors.

it's basically impossible to 4 someone tower to tower on the pit on LAN, just because of the BR spread.

Even if there was no spread on the h3 BR, the range of the weapon hardly covers tower to tower on Pit. Really don't know what bungie was thinking when they designed the weapon sandbox to fit the map sizes.

Halo 3 would draw the biggest crowd definitely.  Not necessarily the most competitive but the V8 MLG tournaments were really exciting-- you can't deny that.

Halo 3 on LAN was so sick, people do forget how good it was. Sure there are a lot of people that would like to see H2, but the amount of teams that would show up to a H3 event, and the amount of viewers it would get would be insane. I personally still enjoy watching H4, but as a one-off throwback event, it would have to be H3 for me. Just having flashbacks of Triggers Down v Str8 Rippin, Instinct v Final Boss. Damn it was so good.

I would say though that we should only have one of these events. As good as H3 was, we need to remember that we still have another year of competitive H4 before H5 comes out, and we need to think about the future of competitive Halo. If we really want H5 to be an amazing competitive shooter, just like the H1-3 days, we need to continue to let 343 know that we still have a passion to play their games at events, otherwise they'll just continue to cater their games more and more towards the casual audience. 

So in summary, fuck yeah!. And you'd get a ton of support for it too. Get a company like AGL in to help you guys, and lets make this event huge. Just putting it out there- I think 10k viewers wouldn't be out of the question.