CyReN

AGL Closes Down & Statement

So basically this thread is for us to make random predictions with nothing to go on?

Yup, I'm sure we'll start to learn more after the H4GC dust settles.

Why is this a Teams,Seeds, and predictions thread that has no Teams or Seeds listed.

This thread was originally the Sturgis Team, Seeds + Predictions thread but then AGL cancelled it and one of the Mods changed the title to Indianapolis.

It would be really nice to have the prize pool to at least 20k to follow up on the hype by the h4gc. Too bad 343 didn't say AGL once on stream.

Why is this a Teams,Seeds, and predictions thread that has no Teams or Seeds listed.

Because we don't know shit about the event, it's in November and people wanted a topic to discuss Indianapolis - so I renamed this one. 

Doesn't help that AGL's site is down either. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If 343 themselves held even 2 big 4v4 events a year, halo would be alive. 

Like how big you thinking? MLG nationals size? $100k to the winners? Or on a HGC $500k scale?

If 343 does have another torunament they should really consider reworking the payout structure. At least top 8 should make money in FFA, and at least top 4ish should earn in a 4v4. 

What teams are going to this?

Considering it's a large event, expect the same top teams from agl8 minus the ones that disbanded (Classic and I think Quo). Apparently Mikwen, Chig, and Str8 Sick are a team now.

90% sure of the stuff above.

I'll be needing a solid squad for this, but that's besides the point. I'm really excited to how many people will actually be gone now that GC is over and how many folks decide to stick with it until after Indy. Either way, I'm sticking with Halo and hoping this tournament has more than 19 teams and some competition.

But yeah, I hate to be that guy but... F/A

I'm sticking with Halo and hoping this tournament has more than 19 teams and some competition.

It will no doubt have more than 19 teams. Money is a good enticement.

It will no doubt have more than 19 teams. Money is a good enticement.

Money is always the motive, so hopefully you're right. :]

If 343 themselves held even 2 big 4v4 events a year, halo would be alive. 

i agree.

however it has not been 1 year since halo 4 release and 343 helped w/ 2 tournaments: pre-release MLG Dallas 4v4 and the current H4GC ffa.

In addition Virgin gaming had the online infinity challenge.

343 also held two live LAN qualifiers for the H4GC in addition to the 4 week online qualifiers.

We also had quite a few AGL events in between (some more successful than others). Also 2 UMG events.

Also Halo 4 ladders from PGL.

My point is there is quite a lot of halo 4 activity to compete and events to participate in.

However it seems people are hung up on the fact that if its not MLG then its a failure. I think all the above activity is great for the scene and if MLG still had Halo it would have been great run for competitive Halo 4.

I think with AGL, PGL, UMG, and Virgin Gaming we are heading in the right direction. Multiple leagues/organization that support Halo. It is exactly what we wanted. Hopefully we can eventually get back to being on the MLG circuit.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Personally, I believe Halo will never be picked up by MLG again.

The community is crap, only like 5k people are going to watch, and the game just is not as fun as previous Halos.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The community is crap, only like 5k people are going to watch, and the game just is not as fun as previous Halos.

The community is only crap if the game is. More people will watch a good Halo, so assuming H5 is good and e-Sports friendly, I don't see any reason why MLG wouldn't pick Halo back up. Hell, even Reach in its Sprint+Bloom state was still on the circuit, H4 was just too bad, no spec mode and the community really didn't stick with the game post launch.

Sundance and a lot of the MLG crew miss Halo and would want it back, just so long as the game is solid, has a big enough following post launch and has features such as spec mode to further enhance the experience for spectators. 

Of course we're all hopeful for the day when Halo will be "that game" again, be it casually or competitively. I think there was this connotation between MLG and Halo for a very long time, and now that it's been over a year since MLG dropped Halo, the community has been suffering. Of course this is not MLG's fault, but in my opinion if Halo 5 isn't extremely similar to one of the first three Halos, the series will be swallowed up by Titanfall, Destiny and furthermore by CoD.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Of course we're all hopeful for the day when Halo will be "that game" again, be it casually or competitively. I think there was this connotation between MLG and Halo for a very long time, and now that it's been over a year since MLG dropped Halo, the community has been suffering. Of course this is not MLG's fault, but in my opinion if Halo 5 isn't extremely similar to one of the first three Halos, the series will be swallowed up by Titanfall, Destiny and furthermore by CoD.

suffering? there is no lack of tournament scene. Between the two events sponsored by 343, online virgin gaming contest, and the multiple AGLs and UMGs there is plenty of competitive Halo being delivered.

The suffering is due to poor game mechanics. Outside of the game the community was ready to carry Halo to better competitive scene. However the game failed to deliver. MLG dropping Halo did not hurt the community as much as a large portion of the community rejecting Halo 4 after launch.

suffering? there is no lack of tournament scene. Between the two events sponsored by 343, online virgin gaming contest, and the multiple AGLs and UMGs there is plenty of competitive Halo being delivered.

The suffering is due to poor game mechanics. Outside of the game the community was ready to carry Halo to better competitive scene. However the game failed to deliver. MLG dropping Halo did not hurt the community as much as a large portion of the community rejecting Halo 4 after launch.

I'm mainly talking viewership, overall popularity within the genre. Both of your statements are very true. The game is sub par at best and losing our biggest tournament organizer hurt us even more. If the game is good, the community will do well, if its not, then it won't, simple as that.