CyReN

AGL Closes Down & Statement

Now that it is finally over, I can speak on behalf of the community that we will miss the Brad commentary and the commercials. RIP

Now that it is finally over, I can speak on behalf of the community that we will miss the Brad commentary and the commercials. RIP

and the 'amazing' production values

AGL was never going to be the answer, i thought that was apparent from day 1

Didn't always agree with the way management handled situations, but I do appreciate what they were trying to do for a game that didn't have support anywhere else.  This whole year has obviously been a learning experience for everyone. Seems like it's time to move on and support UGC and Gandhi for the tourny they are planning and then keep drilling into 343's heads what we're looking for in H5(respectfully of course.) All the best to Brad and everyone at Bonafide.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I give credit to AGL for helping competitive Halo after it was dropped from MLG. Probably wouldn't have made it without them, so hats off to them if they payout. Brad was just terrible at management.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He says "whats done is done, lets all move on". The fucking arrogance of this guy.  And to call his cancellation an "inconvience" is obviously him saving his ass and his reputation. It was no less than an outrage.

If I was an American lawyer, which Im not, I would teach this kid some humilty. I would show him  what a good faith agreement without a contract is. I wish any of these players who signed up would actually go to a lawyer to get some advice without relying on wannnabe half-true advice on forums like these (incl. mine). He should be sued for any losses incurred by players who made dispositions and not get away with it, least of all with statements like "whats done is done, lets move on".

Frankly I dont care too much about the actual absence of Halo 4 tourneys/a league cause the game was shit to watch. Even insanely good players cant make a shit game entertaining, only to a very limited extend.

• Upvote (+1) 6

If you dont have the money to pay out players for 1 event - Why even host another event? The whole thing just blows my mind.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This is one hell of a thread. So much excitement and hate. It's the last 'hoorah' of Halo and the bloody funeral all in one place.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is one hell of a thread. So much excitement and hate. It's the last 'hoorah' of Halo and the bloody funeral all in one place.

Don't think UMG will get 32 teams? I don't see it happening.

This thread is hilarious. People who never went to an event is getting more mad than who didn't get paid.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Don't think UMG will get 32 teams? I don't see it happening.

I was referring more to Halo 4. The UGC tournament getting 32 teams is a stretch, but it's possible. If it doesn't happen, can't say we didn't try and we'll just have to wait for Halo 5.

I was referring more to Halo 4. The UGC tournament getting 32 teams is a stretch, but it's possible. If it doesn't happen, can't say we didn't try and we'll just have to wait for Halo 5.

Ah yes, luckily it was going to be halo 4's last hoorah. The biggest question for me when it comes to the halo scene right now is whether any of this actually gets through to 343i decision makers.

You know the answer to that

I thought some more info would have been released in his closing statement(s).

I thought some more info would have been released in his closing statement(s).

The only added statement is that they are planning on paying the players. Nothing about reimbursement, but the winnings will be paid out at some point.

If Brad wants the "banter" about him not paying players to stop I have a solution. Pay the players. Pretty sure that will help stop the banter.

Thank you for making the Halo Council shut down look good. 

Hahah, I dont know... I'm still kinda salty about that... *pops THC*  " THC dad" , no one ever said anything....

Shady shady.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1