CyReN

AGL Closes Down & Statement

I don't like you, and how hard is it to spell Krazer bro.

Good post Krazar.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Honestly, that's more than I was expecting from Brad and AGL. I expected him to take the money and run. This is assuming he actually does payout.

we wanted to let everyone know that we will not be holding any more events

#arcadia

mind blown.  didn't see that coming.

#arcadia

mind blown.  didn't see that coming.

If he said something like: "We plan to do a H3 event after UGC...." he would have some balls to steal from a community and try to be the good guy on public.

#Smh

Good ol' bait and switch. 

At least take an entry level marketing/business class before you run two possibly three companies into the ground. Having 9.5k followers who are not engaged or even remotely in the same target market will not help your clothing company, but I wouldn't expect you to know that. People will see right through you like a window. I'm honestly surprised you were able to keep up the act for this long. Once all of your other businesses fail I'm sure you could have a successful career in Multilevel Marketing.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Good ol' bait and switch. 

Rocker... I'll change the topic to say... 1million? Gimme some!  :kappa: 

Unfortunately, looks like Brad planned this for a while.

I would let it go. There's no need to continue the "The Hunt" for AGL. They ended it with their closing statement. I'm not here to defend AGL or anything but how the Halo community is acting on this just dumb especially what we're at now. Let's just wait up for UGC Halo 3 event #MovingForward

• Upvote (+1) 2

Let's be honest. Brad couldn't even plan an event over a month ahead, I doubt he planned this

Let's be honest. Brad couldn't even plan an event a month ahead, I doubt he planned this

Maybe, or are you helping him out!? 

Jk, maybe he didn't planned any of this. Shit happens, but Brad left everything pile up and well... now everything is going down. 

The site before Beyond where Halo community went. It went MLG-THC-Beyond.

oh gotcha. i was like what the hell..

I would let it go. There's no need to continue the "The Hunt" for AGL. They ended it with their closing statement. I'm not here to defend AGL or anything but how the Halo community is acting on this just dumb especially what we're at now. Let's just wait up for UGC Halo 3 event #MovingForward

^

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Maybe, or are you helping him out!? 

Jk, maybe he didn't planned any of this. Shit happens, but Brad left everything pile up and well... now everything is going down. 

:ph34r:

• Downvote (-1) 1

It's hilarious to see us told to be constructive and positive regarding developer feedback and not resort to bashing lol. This one's cool though I guess?

• Upvote (+1) 3

To be completely honest, I saw through this day one, but I didn't want to pull a Coach Mayne. He's a complete scumbag, he never had any intention to run a legitimate halo tournament. I guarantee you he saw an easy way to screw people over and make a quick buck and acted on it. This kind of thing happens all of the time, you just don't expect to see it from a 20 something college drop out wantrepreneur. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't know about you guys but I am certainly not gunna stop bantering about it. Being a dick and making fun of AGL and Brad is too much fun.

It's hilarious to see us told to be constructive and positive regarding developer feedback and not resort to bashing lol. This one's cool though I guess?

i guess its different cause the developer is making the next Halo game and that's way more important than a league that ran itself into the ground.

Yes halo 4 was not the most competitive game but did not justify the shadiness that came from AGL.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hello Everyone,

We want to thank everyone that has supported AGL over the past year. Once again we apologize for the inconvenience of the event getting canceled. With that said we wanted to let everyone know that we will not be holding any more events as we are focused elsewhere. Just to let everyone know we are NOT taking money from the players and they WILL be paid. This is the last thing we would do as we respect them as friends, players, and persons. So please stop the banter about that topic. What is done is done and lets all move on. We did everything we could for Halo and the community and we hope that UGC can take the franchise and keep it alive. We have removed our selves from social media as we will have no more updates coming about events. We wish everyone the best of luck with your future endeavors and it was great to meet everyone over the past year and we sincerely appreciate all you have done for us.

Thank You

AGL

MPwGwif.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

I haven't been involved in this scene for god knows how long and I can't really comment on what happened but I will say this.

Can people stop making leagues and holding events if they don't have the necessary backing to fund the whole thing? If creating one means you taking out noticeable amounts of money from your own accounts then just don't do it.

This may sound like I'm trying to "kill the dream" but if people want "Professional" Halo to continue it needs to have a home somewhere that:

a ) Holds regular events

b ) Can pay winners within a set time frame

c ) Doesn't solely rely on attendance and ticket sales to fund events.

That's not easy to accomplish without deep pockets, especially at the moment.

TL;DR Don't start leagues unless you're an Arab Oil Sheik

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thanks man, I appreciate what you did for the halo community while it was an all time low.  You guys made something out of nothing, and I respect you for that. I think I speak for the majority when I say the way you guys went out obviously wasn't the way you wanted.  Get the money to me when you can, no rush. RIP AGL.

xHhtJPk.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Thanks man, I appreciate what you did for the halo community while it was an all time low.  You guys made something out of nothing, and I respect you for that. I think I speak for the majority when I say the way you guys went out obviously wasn't the way you wanted.  Get the money to me when you can, no rush. RIP AGL.

^ Now this is the kind of posts I wanted to see from the Halo Community! Not the bashing, sending hate messages, hate mail, threatening to kill them. That when you've gone too far.

AGL did what they could to support the Halo scene and it is quite unfortunate where we end up now.

• Upvote (+1) 1