CyReN

AGL Closes Down & Statement

why do you think the FGC is so hesitant on having FGs on MLG?  lol they know MLG works like that and they don't want to deal with inconsistencies 

I feel like if Calc wasn't working for MLG we wouldn't have even had a side booth for SFIV. He was our fighting game ambassador.

• Upvote (+1) 1

For the record, I totally kept AdBlock on when I watched AGL Tournaments on Twitch. 

AIN'T GETTING MY MONEY B*TCH!!!!

The money isn't yours, it's the money of the advertisers. This also makes it harder for AGL to pay off the players (yeah I know Brad may of still funded it into something stupid).

And also, when AGL still payed the players, did you turn adblock off? Because if you didn't, then you were limiting money going to the company when it was still legitimate, and you should get off your pointless moral high ground.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The money isn't yours, it's the money of the advertisers. This also makes it harder for AGL to pay off the players (yeah I know Brad may of still funded it into something stupid).

And also, when AGL still payed the players, did you turn adblock off? Because if you didn't, then you were limiting money going to the company when it was still legitimate, and you should get off your pointless moral high ground.

Maybe he is against Corporations that use Ad Agencies to push their propagandistic commercials and dwell into retrieving personal information from its viewers that includes a large "young" population just so they can exploit them into purchasing their possible harmful products.  Just because a company is legit, doesn't make it good.

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hit the breaks champ, I'm joking.

Wait why wouldn't a video game tournament company switch from one popular game to another...? Isn't it a business?

Assuming you're talking about MLG, and I don't think anyone faults them for leaving Halo when they did. We were forutanted they stayed after the first Reach tournament. Though, them leaving LoL and Starcraft pissed off a good chunk of the fanbase. They seemed to have dropped it because other leagues were doing better than them rather than improving themselves. Now they're dropping Black Ops 2 to support Ghosts, a game that no one has touched and lacks spectator mode, all under a deal with Activision.

Lately, MLG in particular has been building an unreliable reputation. Everyone understands that they're a business, but some loyalty is nice, something that game specific leagues do a great job at. Personally, I think third party leagues are going to die out and developer leagues will take over. E-sports is becoming more mainstream every year and there's no way publishers and developers don't see the opportunity to have 100% of the benefits.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yea I always thought that 343 should have taken that $500k from the GC and turned it into 4-5 different $100k 4v4 tournaments every couple months, where you didnt have to qualify, just paid for a team pass, but your team could earn free team passes for playing online.

Speaking of 500k, the top 8 were paid out 300k(200k, 75k, 10k, 5k,4k,3k,2k,1k) what happened to the other 200k? There were supposed to be other prizes playing online I believe but I have no clue what happened with that

Speaking of 500k, the top 8 were paid out 300k(200k, 75k, 10k, 5k,4k,3k,2k,1k) what happened to the other 200k? There were supposed to be other prizes playing online I believe but I have no clue what happened with that

I'm pretty sure they gave out 500 free games each week to random winners. TBH it seems like the money would be better spent adding to the tournament than on random prizes. 

It was a cool tournament for a lot of money - I think they were trying to have their own "CoD Champs" type of deal.  However several smaller tournaments held throughout the year instead of just one huge tournament would have been good for longevity / keeping people playing their game. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

As someone else said, part of the other 200k were all those small prizes for simply playing in each week of the GC qualifiers but it also accounted for the travel costs for those who qualified and got their flight/hotel paid for by 343. 

Though, them leaving LoL and Starcraft pissed off a good chunk of the fanbase. They seemed to have dropped it because other leagues were doing better than them rather than improving themselves.

They didn't "drop" LoL; Riot told them they couldn't hold any more tournaments because they were deciding to cut out the middle man (MLG) and simply choosing to run their own tournaments solo.

Now they're dropping Black Ops 2 to support Ghosts, a game that no one has touched and lacks spectator mode, all under a deal with Activision.

Well, yeah...thats how business works.  For them to get Activision's support they need to offer something in return.  I.E: They need to offer support for their latest game, which is no longer Black Ops 2.  Once Ghosts launches, Activision isn't going to care how many people are still playing BO2...they are going to care about Ghosts being the most played, and most talked about console shooter.  Furthermore; COD's fanbase has gotten used to a new game launching every single year...once Ghosts hits all the COD fans who watch MLG COD will want to watch Ghosts anyways, not BO2.  Its not like their fanbase is emotionally attached to BO2.

As someone else said, part of the other 200k were all those small prizes for simply playing in each week of the GC qualifiers but it also accounted for the travel costs for those who qualified and got their flight/hotel paid for by 343. 

Was it 5 weeks of online qualifiers? Thats 20 flights and hotels. Thats deceiving if that actually came out of the 500k, but I guess they did technically "win" the plane and hotel.

Was it 5 weeks of online qualifiers? Thats 20 flights and hotels. Thats deceiving if that actually came out of the 500k, but I guess they did technically "win" the plane and hotel.

Yeah, 20 people had their stuff paid for them, then all the stuff people could win each week.

Week 1

25430f30f78c9e691af02e0cb965e28e.png

Week 2

f20005bf0a553f114018616a41ee4269.png

Week 3

c7117c46d1fd8e03356e45fee5458445.png

Week 4

a368631c5fd8931bab48382e688f8827.png

Week 5

5e6258905198a8739ab1d1a4de5c9402.png

Not sure how much all that stuff adds up to but I still think it was a bit misleading calling it a 500k tourney when they gave out avatar props etc.. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

It would be cool if 343 did put more effort into supporting the community especially the tournament scene, but its hard to do anything fun with such a handicapped game. I think at times they attempt to try but its normally a case of trying to hard to be different as people simply want something fun and enjoyable that feels like a Halo experience instead of all the gimmicks and weird game types. It is very disappointing that if you want to check out the game play on the 6 Ricochet contest maps you end up being forced to play with nothing but terrible Shotguns and Plasma Grenades -.-, so that is a truly pointless test playlist.

You end up needing a developer to actually care about improving the little things, and implementing fixes on a large scale if its truly needed and lets face it Halo 4 needs so many improvements to its core and code. Halo 4 feels like its no where near complete and without implementing Halo's staple and unique core mechanics such as De-Scope, this game will continue to fail compared to its predecessors and simply will not feel whole. The small improvements are atleast seen as a step in a better direction and the H4GC was the best tournament we have experienced for Halo 4 due to the money put toward the player and viewer experience but the game play remains a disappointment :/.

Hopefully the Halo gods will bless us with something solid in the future for people to invest their time into, I atleast feel confident we will get a good Halo 3 tournament and that will be great for those that can attend. Problem will be how many teams are going to really want to put money into another tournament after this AGL fiasco due to lacking the funds or their winnings courtesy of Brad's scams.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Brad and AGL need to refund everyone who bought a team pass for AGL10, they need to pay out for all the top placing pros that haven't been paid yet, and lastly; they need to reimburse people who booked flights to Indy for the event.

• Upvote (+1) 3