CyReN

AGL Closes Down & Statement

You know...I'm kinda wonderin' to myself

What would all of the other eSports communities think of this? 

I also find this another issue with eSports in the U.S.A, we don't have like an IOC (International Olympic Committee)  or a commissioners office type of thing to get these esports leagues and games intact and organized

For example S. Korea has KeSPA essentially the Korean eSports Association where if KeSPA doesn't approve of a league than that league cannot proceed or hold matches and KeSPA even has the power to ban players from tournaments for their bad behavior or bad sportsmanship, etc.  
KeSPA is so important and so big that it even has government officials as board members and even the current chairman of KeSPA is a senator 

IF this situation happened in S.Korea where as the league hasn't payed their players for 5 events and just cancels an event a week prior and finds proof of what Brad has been doing provided by Saucey, Brad essentially could even get a lifetime imprisonment 

But unfortunately he's in the United States of America Home of the Fucking Free T_T

• Upvote (+1) 2

Honestly, why can't we file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau? They are a business, and their practices have fucked over enough people that it should actually make a difference. I would be doing everything in my power to go after them if I had bought a Hotel/Plane Ticket/Team Pass. There's no reason why they should have been handling it like this, let alone not paying their players from the last few events.

AGL probably doesn't have a business license so it doesn't matter. Besides, businesses pay to have a good standing with the BBB and they will only give negative ratings to companies who don't pay up. Thats all they do though. They just put on their site that the business has a bad rating.

Brad if he steps out of his trailer.

You mean mansion with all the money he just swindled from the Halo community. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Small claims court does not include lawyers.

However, it would be difficult to take Brad to court seeing as how he is probably in a different state from a lot of the people he swindled.  But seeing as how it was across state borders someone would have to get the FBI to go after Brad.  But due to it being Federal, the penalties would be much more harsh.  Personally, if I was getting paid prize money or had paid for a team pass and didn't get a refund I would make a police report and contact the FBI about money fraud. 

Someone that knows law, finally.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Hello Halo Community,

We sincerely regret to inform you that AGL 10 Indianapolis is no longer being held. The event scheduled for November 1-3 in Indianapolis will no longer be going on. The reasoning behind the event cancellation is venue complications/issues. The hotel emailed us and informed us that they cannot meet our power requirements for an event of our size. Why it took so long for them to contact us with this important matter is completely irresponsible. Marriott is an established chain and this is the last worry that we had when booking the ballroom because we specified the requirements in the contract agreement. Marriott said, “We do not have a power supply to accommodate your needs.”

There can be a replacement event if the community so chooses in December.

With that being said, we know that this cancellation will make some of you upset. We cannot please everyone. For a very long time we have tried to please everyone and it just never seems to pan out. We have done everything in our power to make this event happen and unfortunately, the logistics are not adding up primarily due to the hotel last minute power allocation issues.

Thank you for your time and cooperation and we look forward to seeing everyone out at this event.

Sincerely yours,

Arena Gaming

HOW DID I MISS THIS................. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

HOW DID I MISS THIS................. 

I don't think he was serious about that though.  There's no way there can be another AGL after this.

Sidenote- This Smash documentary is amazing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think he was serious about that though.  There's no way there can be another AGL after this.

Sidenote- This Smash documentary is amazing.

I say we all just go play Smash now  :maven:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I say we all just go play Smash now  :maven:

Nah, I'm more of a Marvel player.  Never owned a Nintendo console.  Still got love for all the FGC though.

Nah, I'm more of a Marvel player.  Never owned a Nintendo console.  Still got love for all the FGC though.

Not even a gameboy? Or a DS?

• Upvote (+1) 1

WHERE'S MAHVEL?  :maven:

I'm terrible with executing consistent combos

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not even a gameboy? Or a DS?

Used to have a Gameboy Color, Advance, and SP when I was a kid.  But that was it.

WHERE'S MAHVEL?  :maven:

I'm terrible with executing consistent combos

That's a big part of it, but the meta-game for a game like UMVC3 is just insane.  At high levels of play, physical skill is a given and it becomes almost a complete mental game.  Just about every player in the top 16 will kill a character from a single hit confirmation.  Then you add in things like X-Factor, assists, rushdowns, zoning, command grabs, and anchors, for 6 separate characters in a single match?  I'm nowhere near a top player, but watching some of those guys play is entertaining as hell.

That's a big part of it, but the meta-game for a game like UMVC3 is just insane.  At high levels of play, physical skill is a given and it becomes almost a complete mental game.  Just about every player in the top 16 will kill a character from a single hit confirmation.  Then you add in things like X-Factor, assists, rushdowns, zoning, command grabs, and anchors, for 6 separate characters in a single match?  I'm nowhere near a top player, but watching some of those guys play is entertaining as hell.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Almost every FG has a ridiculous mental game. I would love to play UMVC3 competitively, but I'm better at stuff like predicting moves and abusing frame rates. So I stick with Melee.

• Upvote (+1) 2

My Idea:

If 64 Guaranteed teams at 100 dollars a pass.

No money via paypal/online transfer, all paid at the door. (even if online, 100% refundable and not touched unless the event became reality)

Venue would have to be cool with taking the payment after the event. (And would have to take 2500 at most as payment)

$2500 payout; which makes it more appealing to at least those in the same region. (cash at end of event)

The remaining money would be for extra equipment (streaming) and labor maybe.

I will literally run this as locally, cheaply and effficently as I can with whatever volunteered help may come, for no profit. I just want to seem my community come together.

(Oh, but if possible I'd wanna compete; watching people play isn't as fun as playing yourself :P)

To be honest to me it doesn't sound like a tournament, It sounds like a big LAN with everyone putting bets on themselves.

As for hotel/lodging, well there are always the cheap hotels, and you can get group rates or literally share rooms with other teams.

There's a lot of sacrifice necessary for a tournament to happen; and it's unlikely sponsors will ever jump aboard for such a small event, but I think it's possible at least.

(edit: would be farther down the line of course, or as soon as 64 teams can be locked in and have positions held for them)

• Upvote (+1) 2