CyReN

AGL Closes Down & Statement

I'm a lawyer and while I shy away from providing legal advice I will tell you the best way to proceed. Have one attorney represent all of the complainants jointly. Particularly if you are have not been paid for winning in past tournaments. Everyone basically has the same fact pattern so proceeding individually is inefficient from a fees perspective (and I doubt the damages are high enough even n a collective basis to get a lawyer to do it on a contingency fee basis, particularly since AGL probably can't pay the total). Everyone with a claim against them should contact each other and then hire an attorney in the state where AGL's owners reside (makes it easier to have a chance at attaching to property if they can't pay). If you split fees collectively then it may make financial sense to proceed.

What he said

• Upvote (+1) 2

You know what.

I apologize for my earlier statements and retract them. Examining this more thoroughly I see how shady this whole deal is, and what a character Brad seems to be. I'm going to believe so many people over the one up vote on my post from Ghost. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

I mean if you think $400ish dollars is worth hiring a lawyer and dealing with court then yeah go for it.

Small claims court does not include lawyers.

However, it would be difficult to take Brad to court seeing as how he is probably in a different state from a lot of the people he swindled.  But seeing as how it was across state borders someone would have to get the FBI to go after Brad.  But due to it being Federal, the penalties would be much more harsh.  Personally, if I was getting paid prize money or had paid for a team pass and didn't get a refund I would make a police report and contact the FBI about money fraud. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Lmfao, Brad has been watching too many action movies. What he is doing is slowly but surely becoming illegal.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hello Halo Community,

We sincerely regret to inform you that AGL 10 Indianapolis is no longer being held. The event scheduled for November 1-3 in Indianapolis will no longer be going on. The reasoning behind the event cancellation is venue complications/issues. The hotel emailed us and informed us that they cannot meet our power requirements for an event of our size. Why it took so long for them to contact us with this important matter is completely irresponsible. Marriott is an established chain and this is the last worry that we had when booking the ballroom because we specified the requirements in the contract agreement. Marriott said, “We do not have a power supply to accommodate your needs.”

There can be a replacement event if the community so chooses in December.

With that being said, we know that this cancellation will make some of you upset. We cannot please everyone. For a very long time we have tried to please everyone and it just never seems to pan out. We have done everything in our power to make this event happen and unfortunately, the logistics are not adding up primarily due to the hotel last minute power allocation issues.

Thank you for your time and cooperation and we look forward to seeing everyone out at this event.

Sincerely yours,

Arena Gaming

Were you high when you wrote the bold part ?

• Upvote (+1) 2

You know what.

I apologize for my earlier statements and retract them. Examining this more thoroughly I see how shady this whole deal is, and what a character Brad seems to be. I'm going to believe so many people over the one up vote on my post from Ghost. 

i hope you aren't talking about ghostie...if so i think you have some people mixed up lol

SECURE THE BORDERS!!! SEND IN THE K9 UNITS

Oh and by the way, was this individual on the "Board of Directors"?   :kappa:   :kappa:   :kappa:   :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Has anyone looked into what kind of company AGL is? I'm a little curious and unable to do the proper research at this time. If you can't find anything about AGL, try BB. I'm sure they made the two companies the same way.

I really havent played halo in a while, but when I heard Brad had posted in here I came searching just so I could neg him.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Got a chance to catch up with an individual ( that shall not be named ) who is a "Higher up" at AGL and he brought a few alarming things to my attention.

• Brad Handles all of AGL's "Finances" alone. 
  • The paypal was never a business Account, it was Brads personal paypal.
  • Brad has apparently been taking a lot of Vacations and Trips lately and no one knows how he has been paying for them - said person suspects he is using the $ made from events that is supposed to go to the pro players.
  • Brad wont answer his phone, deleted his twitter and has gone MIA (minus the forum post that has now 100+ downvotes)
Sorry for the TMZ style post - but I figured I would share some of this stuff with you guys

Holy crap.  That's it, this dude is gone.  Guarantee no one ever sees or hears from him again.  Highly unlikely that any pros will be paid out now.  And everyone who bought a plane ticket to AGL10 is still screwed.

Did Brad just kill competitive Halo? 

Who was it who predicted that after AGL 10 Brad would just ride off into the sunset with the prize money and never be heard from again?

Well, you almost got it right.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Holy crap.  That's it, this dude is gone.  Guarantee no one ever sees or hears from him again.  Highly unlikely that any pros will be paid out now.  And everyone who bought a plane ticket to AGL10 is still screwed.

Did Brad just kill competitive Halo? 

How do you kill a zombie?  :kappa:

But in all seriousness... kind of lol.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Brad stole all the money to invest in Arcadia  :kappa:

But to make sure he is not sued, he is going to buy the house in Guatemala  :gandhi:

• Upvote (+1) 5

How do you kill a zombie?   :kappa:

But in all seriousness... kind of lol.

You cut its head off.  And that's kind of what Brad just did.

Just imagine if you're Brad, trying to show your face at an event ever again. 

I mean, if he pays out what he owes to the pros for past events and if he were to somehow reimburse people who are losing money due to travel expenses, then maybe the community could forgive him.  But I'm pretty sure that dude is gone for good.

Just imagine if you're Brad, trying to show your face at an event ever again. 

waka-shoot-out.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I guess good thing is I only lost out $10 since I live in Indy. I still hope to get that back somehow. If any one flying here still wants to hang out, let me know

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Aside from the obvious, one of the worst things about the whole cancellation was how AGL took so long to give the official announcement (the day after Beyond announced it). People could have used that extra time to try and make alternative plans or get some form of money back from flights/ hotels, but AGL didn't even have the courtesy to announce the cancellation and relied on this website and Gandhi to do it for them. 

Honestly, why can't we file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau? They are a business, and their practices have fucked over enough people that it should actually make a difference. I would be doing everything in my power to go after them if I had bought a Hotel/Plane Ticket/Team Pass. There's no reason why they should have been handling it like this, let alone not paying their players from the last few events.

• Downvote (-1) 1