CyReN

AGL Closes Down & Statement

Yea so my team combined has a plane bill of around $1900 dollars. And its all gone to shit, we are all young men that work hard for little pay and we like our investments to land us in positive place. Ive been doing this for a long time and just demand A LITTLE RESPECT. If you knew this was even a possibility a few weeks ago, cancel the fkn thing so I can move onto something else.

And the Colts play away next weekend so you can't even go see a football game. 

False you can sue for fraud and on the basis of

Promissory Estoppel

In the law of contracts, the doctrine that provides that if a party changes his or her position substantially either by acting or forbearing from acting in reliance upon a gratuitous promise, then that party can enforce the promise although the essential elements of a contract are not present.

Thus buying of a team pass is the contract (just as if you bought a product at a store), since ALL the players (not just the pros who are owed prizes, but also the players who boughts passes) reasonably relied on the tournaments happening (the promise of the opportunity to compete in order to win a prize) and the winners reasonably relied on getting paid they can sue to enforce the promise even if not stated in the contract.......LET ME BE CLEAR: ANY time something is sold, a contract is formed, and the contract does NOT have to be in writing or on paper if the value of the purchase does NOT exceed $500. This applies since the passes were priced under $500.

This is coming from a guy who just got an A in his Contract law class

The only thing im not quite sure of off the top of my head is if players can be refunded for travel costs...i know that if you bought a plane ticket or hotel and you are UNDER the age of 18 they (being the hotel or airline you purchased from) HAVE to refund you if you want it, in exchange for the ticket/room back. I want to say that all players could sue AGL for their travel costs under Promissory Estoppel since you changed you changed your position substantially by purchasing travel accommodations (changed position as in decided to go to the event from originally not going to anything) and by purchasing the travel accommodations on the reliance that the tournament was indeed going to happen.

Just trying to help, anything else?

You're right, my bad just what I was hearing around. Still, I don't think anyone is going to sue. Hiring a lawyer and taking it to court (assuming they don't settle) would cost a lot more than the money they're owed. 

Yes but if AGL declares bankruptcy during a civil suit, they would easily be granted Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. Anyone suing them would most likely end up losing more money.

Fair enough, but until they declare bankruptcy you have to go with the facts that we have happened so far.

And im pretty sure under chapter 7 their liquidated assets will go to all the people they owe money to that are known at the time, or if they do not have enough assets to cover all of their debts the assets will be spread evenly across to all creditors (the people who are owed money) that are known

You're right, my bad just what I was hearing around. Still, I don't think anyone is going to sue. Hiring a lawyer and taking it to court (assuming they don't settle) would cost a lot more than the money they're owed. 

The first rule of law is: TO SETTLE 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Such an amazing series man. But seriously, If they can do it why not the Halo community? It really hit home how similar the 2 communities actually are.

They had Melee which was this amazing competitive game for them - and I remember they said the newest Smash Bros released which was Brawl.  It was literally shocking how much relation I felt when the guy said:  " We got the midnight release of Brawl and it was just slow, like Nintendo purposely tried to cut the competitive merit from the game"  and a lot of them reverted back to Melee and held tournaments.  Smash was also dropped from MLG and still continues to run tournaments to this day!  Idk why everyone thinks its out of reach - just need legit, reliable people running things.

That was the nice version of the things said about Brawl. The only difference between the Halo and Smash community is dedication. Even when things were looking terrible, the Smash community continued to go to local and small events. There's no secret to it. We just stuck together and kept doing what we liked to do. Finding someone trustworthy and reliable to run tournaments is always going to be hard. Hopefully, someone in the community steps up. Halo will only really be dad when the community gives up on it and stops playing it, so Beyond Forums are going to be pretty important for the next few months in terms of keeping Halo alive.

The first rule of law is: TO SETTLE 

Still for most of these guys costs definitely out weigh the benefits

Fair enough, but until they declare bankruptcy you have to go with the facts that we have happened so far.

And im pretty sure under chapter 7 their liquidated assets will go to all the people they owe money to that are known at the time, or if they do not have enough assets to cover all of their debts the assets will be spread evenly across to all creditors (the people who are owed money) that are known

Considering they are AGL, they probably wouldn't even think of declaring bankruptcy. It would happen, but I don't think AGL has much money/assets left. Would be nice to see, but probably wouldn't be worth it.

Still for most of these guys costs definitely out weigh the benefits

Not exactly, if you settle the lawyers should only  take out a commision on what you get back from the settlement

Considering they are AGL, they probably wouldn't even think of declaring bankruptcy. It would happen, but I don't think AGL has much money/assets left. Would be nice to see, but probably wouldn't be worth it.

If brad is considered the sole proprietor, even though there were other people who put money into AGL, then if AGL declares bankruptcy then so would brad. Because with sole proprietorships the owner and business are one.

Obviously I dont know the structure of AGL to go into more detail.

Not exactly, if you settle the lawyers should only  take out a commision on what you get back from the settlement

Could be hard finding a lawyer that has a minimum lawsuit amount under a few hundred of dollars

If brad is considered the sole proprietor, even though there were other people who put money into AGL, then if AGL declares bankruptcy then so would brad. Because with sole proprietorships the owner and business are one.

Obviously I dont know the structure of AGL to go into more detail.

It's not a sole-proprietorship. Brad, Giggle Monster, and Billy are all considered co-owners.

Such an amazing series man. But seriously, If they can do it why not the Halo community? It really hit home how similar the 2 communities actually are.

They had Melee which was this amazing competitive game for them - and I remember they said the newest Smash Bros released which was Brawl.  It was literally shocking how much relation I felt when the guy said:  " We got the midnight release of Brawl and it was just slow, like Nintendo purposely tried to cut the competitive merit from the game"  and a lot of them reverted back to Melee and held tournaments.  Smash was also dropped from MLG and still continues to run tournaments to this day!  Idk why everyone thinks its out of reach - just need legit, reliable people running things.

Can you provide a link to said documentary?

Can you provide a link to said documentary?

Here's part 1 out of 9.

• Upvote (+1) 5

To be completely honest, I just noticed the "Disaster in Spain" . I'll find another,

Edit: Found something better.

haha nice fair enough :) 

Here's part 1 out of 9.

I think its at 10:55 when he talks about mario party. And this why Mario party ruins friendships :maven: :walshy: :unclesudd:

Lol i thought that account was legit at first.  :ninja:

Now i'm being followed by Brad! My eSports career is finally taking off!

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

The contracts is just the main reason. Other reasons would be paying legal fees putting yourself more and more in the hole for just a chance to win. The only reason to sue would be to bring Brad to justice.

I'm talking about the players that won and didn't get payed. Although him canceling might be illusory, the players that bought tickets trusted AGL and they suffered an economic loss. He's lucky this wasn't a huge tourney or he really would get fucked with lawsuits.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is like smash where our community (if it still exists) needs to show MLG we would show up like smash did for Evo. Whether by fundraising or emailing or just showing general interest. MLG won't pick up H3 for one event with 13 teams we would need 100+

I mean smash got 1.7 million viewers as opposed to our game with 10k population..

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm on a cellphone so Ill say simple and short, we as a community should work directly with bfKnox. Donations and some type of work in progress could lead us both a decent tournament and also support them/do some type of deal with them. Two tournaments for free (venue not asking to be paid) is something that impressed me and idk they deserve more than not getting paid. IMO.