CyReN

AGL Closes Down & Statement

Guys there is no point in arguing about this stuff until after GC. Then we will know if 343 is holding a 4v4 tourney! Until then I think we should all calm down. That's just me though ^_^

• Upvote (+1) 3

Guys there is no point in arguing about this stuff until after GC. Then we will know if 343 is holding a 4v4 tourney! Until then I think we should all calm down. That's just me though ^_^

Is this just speculation or did 343i say something about this?

Is this just speculation or did 343i say something about this?

AFAIK it's all rumours/speculation so far. 

If they're going to announce another tournament that they're hosting in the future, it would make sense to be at this one seeing as there's going to be thousands of viewers on stream.

I think the talk about them maybe announcing another tourney has stemmed from two things: 

1.) They must have something up their sleeves to announce as the Halo community really doesn't have much to play for from after H4GC until H5.

2.) At one of the recent gaming conventions, Frankie said they were looking at more 'traditional' Halo tournaments in the future and a lot of people believed he was referring to 4v4.

• Upvote (+1) 1

AFAIK it's all rumours/speculation so far. 

If they're going to announce another tournament that they're hosting in the future, it would make sense to be at this one seeing as there's going to be thousands of viewers on stream.

I think the talk about them maybe announcing another tourney has stemmed from two things: 

1.) They must have something up their sleeves to announce as the Halo community really doesn't have much to play for from after H4GC until H5.

2.) At one of the recent gaming conventions, Frankie said they were looking at more 'traditional' Halo tournaments in the future and a lot of people believed he was referring to 4v4.

Also if they dont announce anything then I think they know that they are letting their game die :/

343 is hosting a ricochet tournament :kappa:

Who wants to team?

Bro.... can I be goalkeeper?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Someone (i think mikwen) said you were teaming with chig, mikwen and platinum for cod 1. Pros are def switching to COD after pax. They already have teams in the works

2. Pros def have a good chance to get money with all the online tourneys, MLG/UMG conflict. Especially pros like formal or lethul that have natural gun skill in every FPS. There are a lot of opportunites. There is literally COD tourneys every week on GB for around the same $$$ AGL offers.

3. Some pros dont like playing halo 4. Its not a fun game

The thing is what if they switch to CoD and Halo 5 is amazing? Then what? If you switch to CoD you're going to have to stick with it because you're gonna be behind in the game (though you can learn throughout but still) 

The thing is what if they switch to CoD and Halo 5 is amazing? Then what? If you switch to CoD you're going to have to stick with it because you're gonna be behind in the game (though you can learn throughout but still) 

That's a very big if. Assuming your definition of amazing is CE/H2 amazing.

Rumors?  You're basing your competitive career on rumors from a less than stellar developer?  Don't get me wrong, I would be hype if 343 announced a 4v4 LAN tournament with a huge prize pool, but I just don't see it happening.

Also, isn't PGL doing a $10,000 4v4 and $2500 online ladder thing?  How come no one is talking about that?

Glad to see you're still competing in Halo though, keep it up man.

The $10,000 ladder has been going on for months now, and is now closed. Top 32 teams will play in a single elimination tournament next weekend, 1st gets 6,000 2nd gets 4,000. I really have no idea why hardly any good teams signed up for it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The $10,000 ladder has been going on for months now, and is now closed. Top 32 teams will play in a single elimination tournament next weekend, 1st gets 6,000 2nd gets 4,000. I really have no idea why hardly any good teams signed up for it.

Probably wanted to focus on GC.

This is actually the first I've read or heard about this tournament... Maybe I should start paying more attention to PGL.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah.  Maybe it wasn't advertised enough or the pros just don't care anymore.   Thanks for the info though.

How the PGL tournament is going to work out: After globals some pros might figure out about it.

PGL will postpone the tournament and open the signups for those pros.

Ambush to win

How the PGL tournament is going to work out: After globals some pros might figure out about it.

Ambush to win

Ninja to rig it and win because he's a PGL Pro.  :ninja:  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

He what's up guys, I recently bought a happauge hd l've and I want to help out the halo community slightly. So if you have any gameplays you want upload pm/xblm me. With the gameplay and stats

He what's up guys, I recently bought a happauge hd l've and I want to help out the halo community slightly. So if you have any gameplays you want upload pm/xblm me. With the gameplay and stats

This is probably not the place to put this haha

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is probably not the place to put this haha

it would probably fit better in the f/a forum that being said more traffic here

Ambush to win

They all know about it.  Cryptic is in as well as SVR, Infamous and Requiem

• Downvote (-1) 3

Change thread title to Indianapolis! =D

Done, can't do much about the links in the OP because AGL's site is down for another 18 days but eh, feel free to discuss :)

• Upvote (+1) 1