CyReN

AGL Closes Down & Statement

I don't think they can.

LOL this is america you can do anything. If they went to the event with intent to win money and that money was never delivered. They can certainly get it. thats what events do, you go there and win money. If the event is not paying their players than something fraudulent is happening. Take them for Frauds 

• Upvote (+1) 1

LOL this is america you can do anything. If they went to the event with intent to win money and that money was never delivered. They can certainly get it. thats what events do, you go there and win money. If the event is not paying their players than something fraudulent is happening. Take them for Frauds 

There is no contract between AGL and the players saying that AGL has to pay. That's why they can't sue.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There is no contract between AGL and the players saying that AGL has to pay. That's why they can't sue.

This. It's why PGL (Canadian version), EGL, and several other leagues got away with not paying out.

BOOOOO break out the contracts

You don't have to have a written contract. If they go to an event and they win money, without AGL paying out it's fraud. Doesn't matter.

The people spreading around personal info are the minority, and are not allowed to do so here. Get a grip. 

I'm glad they're not able to do it here, and I wasn't attempting to paint the picture that everyone is doing it.  However, the sense I get is that a lot of people think it's funny to do that, and somehow an appropriate course of action given the perceived/actual wrongdoing.  That state of mind is what I was referencing more so than the acts themselves.  Also, the fact that bashing Brad and other members of AGL is acceptable while bashing members of 343 is not acceptable seems very inconsistent to me.

My grip is firm, thanks.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You can sue anyone, anytime, for anything. Winning is a different story.

But Forealy what Brad has done is fraud and should get in trouble.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm glad they're not able to do it here, and I wasn't attempting to paint the picture that everyone is doing it.  However, the sense I get is that a lot of people think it's funny to do that, and somehow an appropriate course of action given the perceived/actual wrongdoing.  That state of mind is what I was referencing more so than the acts themselves.  Also, the fact that bashing Brad and other members of AGL is acceptable while bashing members of 343 is not acceptable seems very inconsistent to me.

My grip is firm, thanks.

Feel free to report any post you feel that are bad, numerous members have been already banned and warned in this thread. Not sure what straws you are grasping for now.

Feel free to report any post you feel that are bad, numerous members have been already banned and warned in this thread. Not sure what straws you are grasping for now.

I did.  I reported Saucey's post for calling them 'buffoons'. 

I think he is talking about what people were saying in the beginning and how certain admins were attacking brad and AGL as well. Saucey was one of them. I am sorry for breaking the news like I did last night I saw formals post and it surprised me so I posted to see if I could get any legit info sorry cyren

I did.  I reported Saucey's post for calling them 'buffoons'.

Already talked to Saucey about bringing it down a notch. Anything else?

• Upvote (+1) 1

They can't sue AGL because they cancelled the event before it even happened.

Now if people would of competed at the event and AGL decides to not pay up then you might have a case. *wink wink*

I'm not trying to sound like a douche, but I know I will, but I called it. I got downvoted in rep because everyone else saw it as bashing and not criticism, but I called it. Now apart from that, If anyone would be interested in a large scale tournament @GamePazzo (Downers Grove, IL)I have a friend who works there, and I live fairly near and we could start planning now for a large scale event to be held there. Basic math suggests it's possible, but then again, I don't know the ACTUAL statistics of it becoming a reality. Maybe a kinda pay at the door thing, I really don't know, but if anyone wants to get behind it and help; I'm sincerely offering my assistance.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Already talked to Saucey about bringing it down a notch. Anything else?

No.  I'm not even that upset about it.  I was mostly bothered by the reaction to Faeryin's posts.  Even if I didn''t completely agree with them, the point about the general reaction of the community is valid.  Then seeing a staff member cross the line that you guys have set yourselves resulted in me speaking up.  I've said my piece.  I'll let it go now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't believe anyone is coming to the defense of Brad. Did ANYONE want the event to be held in Indy? From what I've read, everyone loved Battlefield Knox, it is a reliable venue and more teams could actually attend. When they first announced Indy, (and even Sturgis) I saw plenty of backlash but people went along with it because of the empty promises made by Brad about a National Championship, bigger payouts, etc. He created this problem. He alone took a risk at the expense of NOT himself but the players who took time off from work and made travel arrangements. He knew the LAN center may not be a viable option in time and took a risk with a hotel without knowing all of the facts. The people who honestly think Brad shouldn't be held accountable are the ones who disgust me.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You don't have to have a written contract. If they go to an event and they win money, without AGL paying out it's fraud. Doesn't matter.

You can sue anyone, anytime, for anything. Winning is a different story.

But Forealy what Brad has done is fraud and should get in trouble.

The contracts is just the main reason. Other reasons would be paying legal fees putting yourself more and more in the hole for just a chance to win. The only reason to sue would be to bring Brad to justice.

I can't believe anyone is coming to the defense of Brad. Did ANYONE want the event to be held in Indy? From what I've read, everyone loved Battlefield Knox, it is a reliable venue and more teams could actually attend. When they first announced Indy, (and even Sturgis) I saw plenty of backlash but people went along with it because of the empty promises made by Brad about a National Championship, bigger payouts, etc. He created this problem. He alone took a risk at the expense of NOT himself but the players who took time off from work and made travel arrangements. He knew the LAN center may not be a viable option in time and took a risk with a hotel without knowing all of the facts. The people who honestly think Brad shouldn't be held accountable are the ones who disgust me.

I agree with you but the bashing needs to be settled down.

• Upvote (+1) 1

so AGL8 was the last good 4v4 event for Halo 4 besides H4GC.

Even with all this I know other people are interested in picking up Halo but I don't see  MLG picking up halo again permanently If Sundance is picking up Halo just one event I wouldn't mind as long they collab with other organizations like VirginGaming with 343i.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't think he is defending Brad, he is just saying we have gone overboard with the bashing and hate. It's true for some people, but it really isn't as bad as I thought it would be,

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree with you but the bashing needs to be settled down.

I don't condone what some people have done in terms of what is basically harassment. That part is 100% wrong. But when I read posts like Faeyrin's, it just got me mad all over again. Let's not make this about the "backlash to the backlash". What Brad did is simply inexcusable. Has he even made an apology? Has he spoken about reimbursing players? Brad took 0 responsibility and basically said better luck next time in December. He took advantage of the community and drained it for all it was worth. That's despicable.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't think he is defending Brad, he is just saying we have gone overboard with the bashing and hate. It's true for some people, but it really isn't as bad as I thought it would be,

Yeah, there is no defense for the obviously poor planning and bad decision making.  The way it was handled was horrendous and, as I've stated, I really sympathize with the people who are out money as a result.  I am not defending him by any means.

Can I just say that Brad seemed to have been the more understanding and competent of the two. Billy always came across as arrogant and cocky. He was the one who had pushed for those showgirls for example.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Can I just say that Brad seemed to have been the more understanding and competent of the two. Billy always came across as arrogant and cocky. He was the one who had pushed for those showgirls for example.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2