CyReN

AGL Closes Down & Statement

this is going to be a thing. 

It won't be a thing, Brad has a track record of not being able to go through with things. 

There's no way they'll pull it off, it sounds overly ambitious, and they can't even start the AGL Wired thing that they announced months ago, nor pay players from 3+ events ago, or even pay the fucking casters for doing a great job.

I feel sorry for each and every person to donate to that Arcadia scam, luckily they only raised $175.

:(

Prophet pls  :frankerz:

Still probably wouldn't be the best business decision

I understand if the players who are owed money or lost money due to the cancellation are upset.  If I was one of those players, I would be doing everything within my power to get compensated for the money spent/owed.  I can even respect the fact that other people are upset about it and want justice on their behalf.  However, I have to concur with Faeyrin in the respect that the way the Halo community is reacting leaves me feeling disgusted. 

Doing things like spreading personal information and ordering stuff to a persons home is just plain childish.  This type of behavior is indicative of why the Halo community has been unsuccessful on a grass roots level.  We are so quick to drag each other down.  Of course I don't expect anyone to be happy about this situation.  I don't even expect people to ignore it.  It's just that the childish trash talk and other stuff that's going on is completely unnecessary and counterproductive for the community as a whole.

I'm confounded by the fact that 'developer bashing' is a ban-able offense, yet prominent staff members are joining in on bashing AGL and it's perfectly acceptable...lauded even.

How is this thread not locked yet?  Absolutely nothing productive is coming from it.  It's just turned into people spewing anger/hatred.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Doing things like spreading personal information and ordering stuff to a persons home is just plain childish. .

Only a handful of people in the entire community are actually doing this kind of stuff. Not fair to blame several people for a couple of other's actions. 

I'm confounded by the fact that 'developer bashing' is a ban-able offense, yet prominent staff members are joining in on bashing AGL and it's perfectly acceptable...lauded even.

How is this thread not locked yet?  Absolutely nothing productive is coming from it.  It's just turned into people spewing anger/hatred.

As for this, you need to give the community a couple of days to vent about this. Locking this thread now will just spread the AGL bashing posts to other parts of the forums. Give it a few days, and it should calm down. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

i'm just grateful sunny is trying to get something to happen, and he isn't just sitting there ignoring us.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I understand if the players who are owed money or lost money due to the cancellation are upset.  If I was one of those players, I would be doing everything within my power to get compensated for the money spent/owed.  I can even respect the fact that other people are upset about it and want justice on their behalf.  However, I have to concur with Faeyrin in the respect that the way the Halo community is reacting leaves me feeling disgusted. 

Doing things like spreading personal information and ordering stuff to a persons home is just plain childish.  This type of behavior is indicative of why the Halo community has been unsuccessful on a grass roots level.  We are so quick to drag each other down.  Of course I don't expect anyone to be happy about this situation.  I don't even expect people to ignore it.  It's just that the childish trash talk and other stuff that's going on is completely unnecessary and counterproductive for the community as a whole.

The people spreading around personal info are the minority, and are not allowed to do so here. Get a grip. 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You guys are disgusting. You may have doubts about the legitimacy of Brad's claims, but the reason he put seems valid enough. If it's true, it was absolutely out of his control, it's was Mariot's fault, not his. If you want to claim that he is being shady and that was a fake excuse, the burden of proof is on YOU.

This is prime example why the community is falling apart. Instead of being understanding and helpful, hell maybe even starting some sort of community driven effort to refund the people who were going to the event? You sit here and behave like bitch ass keyboard warriors. 

Did you only read Brad's response or something? He was knowledgeable that the LAN center was under construction and that they very well may not be able to host the event. Instead of looking for an alternative venue, he gambled the entire event on luck and it didn't work out for him. The LAN center did their part and warned Brad appropriately. As what happened yesterday, Brad found out that the dice didn't roll in his favor and instead of blaming himself for not preparing accordingly, he pointed his fingers at the LAN center that warned him early on.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I hope Sunny isnt trolling with his tweet, MLG helping Halo would be truly amazing and alot of people would have to take their foot out of their mouths after bashing MLG after dropping Halo.

Tweet him the thread if you want, it's hard to track these threads info or passes from AGL or Brad.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I swear Sundance better not be doing this for laughs. Hopefully he's realistically thinking of doing a Halo 3 event.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not holding my breath towards sunnyD cause after the UMG issue and he making fun of it and stuff kind of is maing me feel odd about him but I hope he'll do the right thing and maybe at Columbus he makes annoucement or even heck on that new show he's  doing on MLG site the Esport report we might see or hear something? Columbus is what 21 to the 23 of next month right?

Doubt MLG will do anything when they realize maybe 30 teams were going.

#Believe 

Doubt MLG will do anything when they realize maybe 30 teams were going.

With MLG attached to a Halo 3 tournament. There'd probably be a big increase in that number though.

i cant see that many more teams going to a halo 3 mlg event.

a 10 team increase?

it just isnt the same as 6 years ago

edit: especially with ghost coming out

With MLG attached to a Halo 3 tournament. There'd probably be a big increase in that number though.

This. MLG's name alone will boost team pass sales. It will also take away the doubt of the top teams not getting paid out. Could bring people like Cloud and Neighbor back. I'll go to almost any Halo MLG event.

• Upvote (+1) 6

have any pros even considered bringing brad or agl to court for christ sakes, they deserve that money

• Upvote (+1) 1

have any pros even considered bringing brad or agl to court for christ sakes, they deserve that money

I don't think they can.