CyReN

AGL Closes Down & Statement

Well. Happiness went to sadness.

Actually I guess it was the opposite since I had read the AGL 10 cancellation before seeing this thread.

As much as i'd like to grab my pitchfork and join you guys, I just cant. This community is already so small and this game is about to cease to exist in the next month, I simply cannot act like a spoiled, entitled baby right now. Im not supporting or defending AGL, im just taking a step back and looking at the bigger picture.

Done with this whole " AGL operation" everyone under the "EMPLOY" of AGL is a clown.  The company has been mismanaged since day one and I am getting pretty tired of seeing them around at this point.  Pay the players or dont run a damn tournament, end of story.

5358c045411bf646a46ffce8f0dbb355.png

• Upvote (+1) 6

Done with this whole " AGL operation" everyone under the "EMPLOY" of AGL is a clown.  The company has been mismanaged since day one and I am getting pretty tired of seeing them around at this point.  Pay the players or dont run a damn tournament, end of story.

5358c045411bf646a46ffce8f0dbb355.png

Lmao. Though I kind of agree with him. It's been apparent that he hasn't had any kind of idea or say with what was going on with AGL. Pretty much just gave AGL money and worked on Wired. Wouldn't be fair if he had to bail AGL out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1) So AGL pwnd all competitive Halo , 1 week BEFORE the event.

2) Sunny D, please dont get our hopes high.

3) H3 Hype Train is #dad

4) COACH AGAIN BEING RIGHT, HOW DOES HE DO IT ! ?

5) AGL just destroyed everyone who bought tickets and hotel, not considering they haven't paid the winners of previous tournaments. 

6) Brad can blame anyone, but as CEO of AGL, all the fault goes to you, PERIOD.

7) Life goes on.

Got most of it right ? 

Now, who is ready for some Battlefield  4?  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Yes, why wouldn't MLG, a multi-million dollar business, invest in running a tournament with a game with less than 15k population less than a year after being out.

I don't understand how people don't get this.

Eh, I know that anything major is unlikely to happen. I was talking about a small event where 8 ish pro teams go out and compete. I highly doubt Halo will have anything major in the next year. 

In the end AGL wasn't making any money. It really sucks to see something like this happen but I'm not surprised. After AGL9 I knew the company was headed in the wrong direction. 

I have faith that the Halo community can bounce back from this some how.

• Upvote (+1) 7

WTF IS THIS! Does AGL realize they are in major trouble and can be litigated for this? They might have to recompense at LEAST travel expenditure.

How unprofessional can you be? This is beyond unbelievable.

IF, and only IF you find yourself in a predicament of losing a venue a week ahead of time, which professional people would NEVER let happen

YOU FIND ANOTHER VENUE. Idc if its in your mothers basement and its streaming only one monitor. Make it happen. Thats what efficient and professionals do.

I will be fair and am interested in the story of the other side, though.

You fucking kidding me? I was looking forward to watching some H3 on my birthday. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

You fucking kidding me? I was looking forward to watching some H3 on my birthday. 

Happy early birthday :D

It is time for every competitive halo player to forget AGL even exists. Unfollow & Block them on twitter and facebook (if they have FB), Deactivate your agl account (if that's possible)... I hate the word boycott, but boycott everything AGL. Even if by some miracle brad announces tomorrow that they found a new venue and the event is on as planned... Not one player should even consider going or having any sort of ties with this bush league crap. Enough is enough... They have absolutely no idea what they are doing and they do not deserve our money or respect. Anyone that is owed money by this group should try and seek legal action to obtain that money and be gone (If that's even possible... It's america though, people sue people for more ******** stuff daily in your country)

Like really... All of this is just so unbelieveable (yet believeable cause it's brad we are talking about). What a complete failure of a company...

Hopefully this isn't the end of competitive halo though. We may be a much smaller group then we have ever been, but we should still be able to have and organize some sort of competition for our selves... Other communities do it all the time, like the FGC. Or hopefully Sunny comes through for us... Being back with MLG would be killer. Even on the smallest scale possible.

Well.................

Fuck.

Hoping the MLG picks up Halo 3 just for a one off event, give the guys some hope in this game again. 

Hoping the MLG picks up Halo 3 just for a one off event, give the guys some hope in this game again. 

I agree

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is not the end of Halo.. No events sucks and what happened with AGL is shitty and I only hope for the best for the people who got screwed over by this. I was really excited to see Hysteria back in full force and actually thought AGL had a chance to live on with Halo 3 if they could bring back interest from a player who was as far away from Halo as possible... There's light at the end of this tunnel but there's a long ways to go before we get there. Rebuild the competitive side with Halo for Xbox One if it's gonna be good, and move on from AGL... Shit happens I'm just disappointed to have to witness this all go up in flames.