CyReN

AGL Closes Down & Statement

It would've been different if Goldenboy/Gandhi/Maven had been free and Brad had refused to fly them out. They are not available regardless, so Brad has no control over it. 

No shit he isn't the messiah. I could do a better job as "CEO" of AGL. But I'm not, Brad is. It's always easy to slate people because they fuck shit up; something Brad is seen to do often. BUT. It is not easy to run events. Think about the scale of getting all the gear, moving and setting it up, making sure there are discs that work and have the right DLC. It's not easy.

I have stopped slating Brad because quite honestly, I feel sorry for him. I don't think he has much education in Economics, Finance or Business, nor does he have marketing experience. He isn't an experienced event organiser yet, nor is he qualified to do so; but we still get events to watch that are pretty good considering. He is tackling this whole project without a qualified team, without any real business architecture and AGL are doing pretty well given the circumstances.

By all means, let Brad know when he does something wrong, it's not an easy ride. But at least explain WHY what he is doing is stupid. I'm sick of seeing comments like "You don't know anything about business" "Are you ********?" "Do you even marketing, bro?". They are not going to help him and AGL learn from their mistakes.

If I see one comment like "They shouldn't be running events without this experience", I'll fucking get permabanned for how much abuse I unleash on whoever posts it.  

They have a long way to go, but I sense you're WAY too spoilt by watching MLG events or developer events who have money to throw at this stuff. If we didn't have AGL, we'd be FULLY DAD. You're dissapoined? Don't watch then. Wait 5 years until they actually learn what to do. 

^This. Also, I really hate when people compare MLG to AGL. AGL has been a business for 1 year. MLG is going on 12 years, so of course they aren't as good as MLG. AGL is doing about as good, if not better, than MLG was doing in their first year considering MLG had several consecutive great games to work with.

I also lost it at "Do you even marketing, bro?"  :maven:

• Upvote (+1) 1

^This. Also, I really hate when people compare MLG to AGL. AGL has been a business for 1 year. MLG is going on 12 years, so of course they aren't as good as MLG. AGL is doing about as good, if not better, than MLG was doing in their first year considering MLG had several consecutive great games to work with.

I also lost it at "Do you even marketing, bro?"  :maven:

Comparing the two is ridiculous. I remember vividly having an argument with someone in a Twitch chat, they refused to believe that MLG haven't been making profit since 2005. No one understands that most tech companies use all their profit to reinvest and rely on capital investment. When I explained that capital investment is why MLG has been doing so well, he just said "Nar m8 they've just been makin a lot of money from events and stuff"

Gooby pls. MLG have raised ~$70 million in capital investment. AGL have had what? A fake endorsement by Monster. Comparing the two is just blindly ignorant and non-sensical. 

AGL have Brad, Valen and a few others that do stuff. I'm looking at the Hoovers (Data vendor, can't post) page for MLG and they actually have REAL business architecture and have employees with a history of good business acumen. 

Investment source: http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/news/mlg-secures-25-million-from-oak-investment-partners

http://paidcontent.org/2009/01/08/419-major-league-gaming-gets-7-5-million-in-funding/

http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/news/major-league-gaming-secures-additional-10-million-in-funding

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why isnt Maven casting?

I don't think he played Halo 3, along with Gandhi not going.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why isnt Maven casting?

He has almost no experience in H3. Without Gandhi it's not really right. 

FUARK... Cyren...... 

1365716064695.jpg

Not like I am a professional advisor, but if he wants to go forward with a career in casting he shouldn't just depend on Gandhi... I understand he knows nothing about Halo 3 but he has some time to try and learn it (especially with it becoming free). He could also cast Halo 4 there.

:maven:

AbL - Reckonize, Harvs, zSynergy, iLLgRiM (h3) probably h4 too

That's whats up. Best of luck competing bro. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't trust anything Aurora says, kid made a fake girlfriend on the forums back in 09.

Also lies about being an "old pro" and talks about how he used to have thousands of points. He's an attention whore.

Haha well hopefully that isn't the case this time.

To be fair Lan Valen has the game knowledge, sometimes he just strays a little too far off topic for my liking. Still would love to see Ghandi and or Ghost commentating this tournament. 

They would definitely express the tumblr_mgsngtOBZH1s39rcfo1_500.gif  & it would increase the excitement of the tournament. 

lol as soon as I post I see this https://twitter.com/GoBeyondEnt/status/390187982101041152

Not like I am a professional advisor, but if he wants to go forward with a career in casting he shouldn't just depend on Gandhi... I understand he knows nothing about Halo 3 but he has some time to try and learn it (especially with it becoming free). He could also cast Halo 4 there.

:maven:

Don't think he wants to put too much time into Halo with UMG Dallas and MLG Columbus coming soon. Can't blame him for it. Plus he has been trying to cast Counterstrike for a while now.

Posted in other thread:

Cliffs:

•   :ghost:  =  :goat:
  • Shame about Valen
  • Would've liked  We have  :saucey:
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I didn't watch h3 events (watched some h2 and other halos but never watched h3) so who is LAN Valen?

Maven is a Halo 1 and Halo 4 kid. The most polar opposite games. 

I doubt he would have even come into the H4 scene if it wasn't for Gandhi. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, though. 

I doubt he would have even come into the H4 scene if it wasn't for Gandhi. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, though. 

Your wrong  :kappa:

Gandhi brought him into casting, but I think he started playing Halo 4 on his own

• Upvote (+1) 1

You're wrong  :kappa:

Gandhi brought him into casting, but I think he started playing Halo 4 on his own

So sorry, OCD of peace.

I think Maven and Hoss were indeed playing H4 before Gandhi got back into it. Gandhi definitely brought him into casting though. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maven didn't play H3? lol...

Whats wrong with that? If bungie didn't lag me off and close the H2 servers, I would of never played H3 either. I don't think i ever broke 1500 total games in H3, And i did that all in the last 6-8 months of the game before Reach.

I always thought H3 was major ass, and i still do actually. But in comparison to the Halo's ive been playing for a few years now (Minus H:R V7), I'm having fun.

Reach v7 would've been so good to watch but no one would watch or compete because of the 'R' word.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Reach v7 would've been so good to watch but no one would watch or compete because of the 'R' word.

Negged when recharged for abusive/offensive language. Reported to FBI and CIA for verbal harassment.