CyReN

AGL Closes Down & Statement

I agree with Formal + other's posts about the tournaments.

Having them every 3 weeks or so does more harm than good, even if it sounds awesome on paper.

Why? Because no one can attend them all. How is that? Because we have other things going on in our lives besides Halo tournaments and frankly, shit is expensive right now, particularly plane tickets lol.

If I were in a position to dictate AGL's actions, I would cancel Sturgis (if at all possible, because as of now, it's a waste of AGL's time and money), and wait for a month and a half, minimum, then hold a big tournament with a decent payout. I would have it in Orlando, but that's just my personal opinion.

wrong thread, whoosp lol

No worries. :)

I agree with Formal + other's posts about the tournaments.

Having them every 3 weeks or so does more harm than good, even if it sounds awesome on paper.

Why? Because no one can attend them all. How is that? Because we have other things going on in our lives besides Halo tournaments and frankly, shit is expensive right now, particularly plane tickets lol.

If I were in a position to dictate AGL's actions, I would cancel Sturgis (if at all possible, because as of now, it's a waste of AGL's time and money), and wait for a month and a half, minimum, then hold a big tournament with a decent payout. I would have it in Orlando, but that's just my personal opinion.

I guess you missed the news but after Sturgis, AGL have announced a new "6 week rule" where every tournament is now at least 6 weeks apart due to community feedback (yay).

• Upvote (+1) 3

No worries. :)

I guess you missed the news but after Sturgis, AGL have announced a new "6 week rule" where every tournament is now at least 6 weeks apart due to community feedback (yay).

That's great, but that's not changing what's going to happen with Sturgis.

I'm not really a forums guy, but I'd like to say some things, take it or leave it. This past weekend we had AGL 9, in Atlanta, which in most of our minds, was a failure. I have been to every AGL event except Pitts, and this felt like a local. For a company like AGL to grow, it can't be having tournaments every two weeks, especially with the state halo is in. I haven't been paid from AGL since Nashville, which was quite awhile ago. Brad can literally take our money if he wants, none of us are contracted, and he can just leave. But besides the point, I go to these events to win and play halo, but for the love of God, Sturgis will be the nail in the coffin for Halo. For anyone who is flying, they will have to drive some crazy amount to get there anyways. This event will have maybe 8 teams. What I think they should do is just wait until the next big event, and make it the biggest prize yet, instead of having smaller tournaments with little payout. I want AGL to succeed, but this is not the way they should be doing it. /endrant /sorry

I'm sure companies might have to wait for money from sponsors and such but the players should be paid at the tournament. If you can't pay players for a previous tournament, you probably shouldn't throw another.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm sure companies might have to wait for money from sponsors and such but the players should be paid at the tournament. If you can't pay players for a previous tournament, you probably shouldn't throw another.

Or players shouldn't show up to the next one. IOU

That's great, but that's not changing what's going to happen with Sturgis.

Yup, but at least we're making progress.

Classic to pick up Naded

Looking forward to the 2v2 & FFA almost as much as the 4v4

Would love to see 32 teams for 4v4 & 64 teams for 2v2, going to be a really fun weekend

• Upvote (+1) 1

3) LDV*

Haha just saw this! Dude. You dont have faith we could have beaten Regicide with the momentum from the first G5? Guess it doesnt matter cuz we are all getting swindled!

• Downvote (-1) 1

Haha, no, just would like to see it happen

True that, Naded deserves a top team after last tournament's performance.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Im late as hell but holy hell at this video lmaooo

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpwn78QtvQ4

I honestly don't understand why anyone would still show up beside love for the game at this point when people haven't been getting paid...

• Upvote (+1) 1

There needs to be a Northeast event. But in reality Ambbush to win unless Classic picks up Naded which I agree would make their team interesting. 

I'm not really a forums guy, but I'd like to say some things, take it or leave it. This past weekend we had AGL 9, in Atlanta, which in most of our minds, was a failure. I have been to every AGL event except Pitts, and this felt like a local. For a company like AGL to grow, it can't be having tournaments every two weeks, especially with the state halo is in. I haven't been paid from AGL since Nashville, which was quite awhile ago. Brad can literally take our money if he wants, none of us are contracted, and he can just leave. But besides the point, I go to these events to win and play halo, but for the love of God, Sturgis will be the nail in the coffin for Halo. For anyone who is flying, they will have to drive some crazy amount to get there anyways. This event will have maybe 8 teams. What I think they should do is just wait until the next big event, and make it the biggest prize yet, instead of having smaller tournaments with little payout. I want AGL to succeed, but this is not the way they should be doing it. /endrant /sorry

While I agree with a lot of what you stated, it's obvious you haven't been following the information regarding this event.  Shuttles are being provided from the airport to the event and back. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

B4 any teams commit to going, People need to get word from AGL BRAD on where their money is.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ya if no one has been paid since nashville why is anyone even going? 

Get ur money 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Im curious guys...do you all think that relocating AGL10 to Knoxville would increase the amount of teams attending? If you say yes, do you think they should? 

Im curious guys...do you all think that relocating AGL10 to Knoxville would increase the amount of teams attending? If you say yes, do you think they should? 

Brad already did a poll on Twitter after getting requests to move it to BFK and there was an overwhelming support for Knox over Sturgis but they still went with Sturgis. 

I think it would have been better for the scene as it's a more accessible venue for competitors and casters. Not my call, though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

BFK is awesom, and they had something good going there. Just look at the numbers (teams and people watching), It is obvious. They had it going in the right direction, and now this shit. I really hope they consider changing it.

No1 show up to AGL until they start paying lmao that's ridiculous how have they not paid since Nashville?!?! I wouldn't be surprised if they lost money from the ATL tournament regardless of the sponsors paying for ffa/2v2 winners and this Michigan event will have less teams than ATL prob wont even get 10 teams lmao

• Upvote (+1) 3

While I agree with a lot of what you stated, it's obvious you haven't been following the information regarding this event.  Shuttles are being provided from the airport to the event and back. 

You got downarrowed three times, but with no explanation.  I'm curious, didn't they say exactly that?  That shuttles for $25 take you from the airport to the event center?

• Upvote (+1) 1