CyReN

AGL Closes Down & Statement

Looooool AGL is str8 ********. But realistically, I enjoy and look forward to going to any halo tournament, whether it be MLG, AGL, UMG, etc.. You get to travel, see your halo buddies, have a little vacation. But now, halo doesn't have anything..... So before destroying AGL, take into consideration that AGL does still have the resources to hold tournaments, but its up to you to be able to trust them again and allow it to happen.

Personally, i wouldn't support them again cause i really don't enjoy halo like i used to (unless im lanning at brutus' house #michilan), but i'm just saying to take it into consideration. 

Looooool AGL is str8 ********. But realistically, I enjoy and look forward to going to any halo tournament, whether it be MLG, AGL, UMG, etc.. You get to travel, see your halo buddies, have a little vacation. But now, halo doesn't have anything..... So before destroying AGL, take into consideration that AGL does still have the resources to hold tournaments, but its up to you to be able to trust them again and allow it to happen.

Personally, i wouldn't support them again cause i really don't enjoy halo like i used to (unless im lanning at brutus' house #michilan), but i'm just saying to take it into consideration. 

I don't know how you could trust AGL as a player. I know I wouldn't trust them if I went to events because they haven't payed out for quite awhile. They need to show us that we can trust them and not the other way around. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I understand for point of view, but for teams that actually go there, it's a business investment. Teams go to win money, not just to go play Halo, and that's why so many Halo pros are switching to CoD. Because Halo, at the moment is not where the money is at.

Got a chance to catch up with an individual ( that shall not be named ) who is a "Higher up" at AGL and he brought a few alarming things to my attention.

- Brad Handles all of AGL's "Finances" alone. 

- The paypal was never a business Account, it was Brads personal paypal.

- Brad has apparently been taking a lot of Vacations and Trips lately and no one knows how he has been paying for them - said person suspects he is using the $ made from events that is supposed to go to the pro players.

- Brad wont answer his phone, deleted his twitter and has gone MIA (minus the forum post that has now 100+ downvotes)

looooooool 

Mr Psycho is completely right. Glad to see someone else who knows their contract law. Like he said before, I highly advise anyone under 18 to get a full refund on your hotel/plane ticket. You may have to do a little work and nagging for it though. You legally have that right.

For those that paid the team pass, you should be able to get a full refund.

By paying your team pass, you entered into a bilateral contract (I believe). Since AGL breached it, you should be able to get your refund. Just like how the Marriott breached their contract with AGL supposedly.If yall sue, there should no reason yall wont receive your money. The only possible wild card would be the question of what kind of business AGL is. Depending on that, we will see how it all goes down.

• Brad Handles all of AGL's "Finances" alone. 

Should be using that 10k prize to refund everyone. But seeing how he handles things, It's safe to say that's never going to happen.

I'm honestly laughing my ass off at the people who rabidly defended AGL's/Brad's decision-making and blindly threw up a banner for them even while it was glaringly obvious that this thing couldn't last, and who are probably having Twitter rage-gasms right now.

If you didn't think that this business model was unsustainable, you're fucking naive.

Business model? What business model? I've studied business for over 7 years and have yet to see another business ran like AGL's

Got a chance to catch up with an individual ( that shall not be named ) who is a "Higher up" at AGL and he brought a few alarming things to my attention.

• The paypal was never a business Account, it was Brads personal paypal.
  • Brad has apparently been taking a lot of Vacations and Trips lately and no one knows how he has been paying for them - said person suspects he is using the $ made from events that is supposed to go to the pro players.
  • Brad wont answer his phone, deleted his twitter and has gone MIA (minus the forum post that has now 100+ downvotes)
Sorry for the TMZ style post - but I figured I would share some of this stuff with you guys

SECURE THE BORDERS!!! SEND IN THE K9 UNITS

Oh and by the way, was this individual on the "Board of Directors"?  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Mr Psycho is completely right. Glad to see someone else who knows their contract law. Like he said before, I highly advise anyone under 18 to get a full refund on your hotel/plane ticket. You may have to do a little work and nagging for it though. You legally have that right.

For those that paid the team pass, you should be able to get a full refund.

By paying your team pass, you entered into a bilateral contract (I believe). Since AGL breached it, you should be able to get your refund. Just like how the Marriott breached their contract with AGL supposedly.If yall sue, there should no reason yall wont receive your money. The only possible wild card would be the question of what kind of business AGL is. Depending on that, we will see how it all goes down.

I mean if you think $400ish dollars is worth hiring a lawyer and dealing with court then yeah go for it.

• Brad has apparently been taking a lot of Vacations and Trips lately and no one knows how he has been paying for them - said person suspects he is using the $ made from events that is supposed to go to the pro players.
  • Brad wont answer his phone, deleted his twitter and has gone MIA (minus the forum post that has now 100+ downvotes)
Sorry for the TMZ style post - but I figured I would share some of this stuff with you guys

Holy Fuck. It just keeps getting worse.

Holy Fuck. It just keeps getting worse.

Thats kind of ridiculous though. I mean you got to be sick in the head to be doing that (Brad)

Brad wont answer his phone, deleted his twitter and has gone MIA (minus the forum post that has now 100+ downvotes)

MIA? Why? All we are asking is for him to payout. Wouldn't be a big deal if he does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVtZfnSiMpg

• Upvote (+1) 3

I will say this much, Proverb and his little bro Austen have run two tournaments here under "Gamer Nation"  (@GNProCircuit)

Honest guys, and they always pay out (100 Percent Payout) on the Sunday that the tournament ends.  The winners go home with the prize.   If any Third Parties are looking to jump in with some honest guys who legit just want to help the community, no matter what venue they go to... you could trust them for sure.

The UGC guys are also a company that we think very very highly of.  Solid guys.  I think they could run a great tournament as well considering they are very well equipped for it already.

In all honesty, this community still has people in it that could pull something really great off.  The pieces just need to fall in place and the demand has to be there for it to happen.

Appreciate the shout out, This is true, we always host 100% payouts for this reason i dont want teams upset and not going home thinking there losing money and have no idea where the money is going.

We are looking forward to our next event in January and we are working with several corperate partners to make a bigger event happen such as, Gamers 4 Chirst, Avengers, Untouchable Controllers, 812hz Gaming Gum and UGC. All great guys and we are looking forward to bring the community for the games of choosing a great event once again. with 100% payout and possibly a guarenteed base pay ontop of everything. Announcement to come from the CEO: @GNproCircuit

• Upvote (+1) 7

Halo events have always been charity and this is the natural conclusion for attempting to still run tournaments this late in Halo's death spiral.

So brad just hustled the whole halo community

he was prob thinking of this the whole time

lol the sad part is hes gonna get away with this and nobody is gonna do anything about it

Man This recent couple of pages in this thread really, made my day. Haven't laughed so long for a while. Personally, I believe they deserved every single hate they got, (excluding spreading personal info, pizza thing is HILARIOUS THO), this was a a ship sinking from the moment I heard they were not paying out the players. The Arcadia thing was a big joke, You could tell because they was so guilty of the bullshit they were trying to pull off, they couldn't even looking into the camera.