CyReN

AGL Closes Down & Statement

Brad has really fked himself over. His number is all over twitter and his company owes people thousands of dollars and wont give refunds for the team-passes people bought for the event that never happened.

You know, I did complain about losing mod in AGL's twitch channel. Now I'm just happy I won't have to deal with the storm coming during AGL's livestream explanation today.

tumblr_m7zzkbDoGe1qdzczwo6_500.gif

You know, I did complain about losing mod in AGL's twitch channel. Now I'm just happy I won't have to deal with all the shit that will happen during AGL's livestream explanation today.

They are having a live show today? inb4 cancled

• Upvote (+1) 7

They are having a live show today? inb4 cancled

Supposedly. They were...oh wait

tumblr_mh1yybp16y1rlo1q2o1_500.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can't be here for the live show? Here's the breakdown,

Brad: "I can't please everyone. I'm one man. AGL has been with Halo 4 since the beginning. The LAN center was unreliable. I'm just as angry as you are. We are going to try to reschedule another event in December. Our new sponsor will be Delta and Southwest. They have shown great interest in us for whatever reason."

• Upvote (+1) 2

You guys are disgusting. You may have doubts about the legitimacy of Brad's claims, but the reason he put seems valid enough. If it's true, it was absolutely out of his control, it's was Mariot's fault, not his. If you want to claim that he is being shady and that was a fake excuse, the burden of proof is on YOU.

This is prime example why the community is falling apart. Instead of being understanding and helpful, hell maybe even starting some sort of community driven effort to refund the people who were going to the event? You sit here and behave like bitch ass keyboard warriors. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 36

And Brad just deleted his personal Twitter. 

Unreal, this makes it look that much worse.  Be professional and account for your companies actions Brad. 

WgV9M99.gif

You guys are disgusting. You may have doubts about the legitimacy of Brad's claims, but the reason he put seems valid enough. If it's true, it was absolutely out of his control, it's was Mariot's fault, not his. If you want to claim that he is being shady and that was a fake excuse, the burden of proof is on YOU.

This is prime example why the community is falling apart. Instead of being understanding and helpful, hell maybe even starting some sort of community driven effort to refund the people who were going to the event? You sit here and behave like bitch ass keyboard warriors.

Valid reasons? Valid like the Paypal reason?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Listen, I have no skin in this game.  But if they were having these issues they should have communicated and been transparent sooner.  You can't fault him for the venue issues.  But announcing this one week out without prior notice is awful. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Damn Snakebite is angry

AGL still owes players money from AGL 7, they changed the venue while barely telling anyone, the original venue had no idea the tournament was going on, they didn't contact the new venue until recently, their co-owner is calling out the owner for being shady, and they had to have known about this issue for a while but haven't told anyone. The proof is everywhere. Most of that happened in the past month.

• Upvote (+1) 1

640px-Famous-characters-Troll-face-Troll

• Upvote (+1) 1

Valid reasons? Valid like the Paypal reason?

Admittedly I'm not fully up to speed with all of AGL's endeavors, but my point remains the same. All everyone is doing is bitching, not doing something constructive to help out. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 13

thats so fucked up that some ordered 50 pizzas to his personal house tho

funny but fucked up lol

• Upvote (+1) 3

Admittedly I'm not fully up to speed with all of AGL's endeavors, but my point remains the same. Until proven otherwise, your claims have the burden of proof...and the community lacks proof right now. And all everyone is doing is bitching, not doing something constructive to help out.

Welp, take this opportunity to get up to speed first before defending. History is not on your side on this topic.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

You're disgusting for thinking that it was okay to schedule and plan another event when players had not yet been paid for their previous attendances. 

Than it got cancelled a week before the event causing all of those players that were coming out to receive their money, even more money...still with no compensation. What is not to get here? Regardless of whether it was personally his fault, his planning and actions taken have resulted like this. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is bad,

like this is just the nail in the coffin for not just Halo 4 but Halo eSports.

AGL was a hope, a small dream that could really bring Halo eSports back and get the community what it needed. 343i saw the opportunity and took it forward with H4GC and that was an example of running an event that we could be proud of in terms of professionalism and skill of players. (the venue is also extremely nice, Beneroya is also where DoTA 2's The International takes place).

Hearing about AGL not paying players awhile ago should have been a red flag for us all. For me it was a note that I would never attend another event and would internally blacklist them from the pool of tournaments I support. It's OK sometimes to miss payouts within the first 2 months (granted for only 1 tournament) but if your consistently not paying players then I think you have some internal management issues at hand that need to be solved and need to get corrected ASAP. Then Arcadia gets released from Brad and it seems to me that he has theoretically left AGL and put all his eggs in one basket with this project. That was Red flag #2 for me.

Simple enough, AGL and Brad should be blacklisted, and should never allow to hold any merit within the Halo community. If you cannot successfully run an eSports league then what makes me think you can run other things well? We need to be a community together and not only request payouts for players but never allow this to happen again.

• Upvote (+1) 5

The way they handled a venue "not being ready" and the scheduling of another venue a week before the date was not a sufficient way to handle a tournament that was supposed to bring in at least 50 players or so. 

You can't schedule unfinished LAN centers, and you can't try to schedule a place and announce it as a venue without fully specifying power requirements and number of people attending.

Should of been cancelled long ago.

• Upvote (+1) 2