CyReN

AGL Closes Down & Statement

I always watched AGL's simple out of love for Halo, but like it's been said in here there was no way their business model could last. I just wish the players would get paid and then we move on, but I don't see it happening. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Have they even apologized or anything? 

Edit: So they've made a statment

On a regularly basis I have a wet dream about Microsoft (with a net income of  20 f*cking billion dollars a year) doing something like MLG^100. Then I wake up and realize that I am one of around 5000 people who actually plays Halo 4.  :(

• Upvote (+1) 2

lol can't please everyone. You ain't pleasing anyone but your wallet.

yooooooooooo

• Upvote (+1) 1

Brad, I just want to congratulate you on having the most negative repped post on this website. 

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 8

Brad, I just want to congratulate you on having the most negative repped post on this website. 

:kappa:

Went from +46 rep to 1 in a single post. 

When he said he couldn't please everyone, you can tell he meant everyone.

Went from +46 rep to 1 in a single post. 

When he said he couldn't please everyone, you can tell he meant everyone.

And with my down-vote his Beyond account officially represents him in reality - he literally lost ALL creditability.

It is really starting to sound like the whole thing was just a Ponzi scheme and there is no hope of players getting paid.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You guys have just been kicking a dead horse for the past 6 months, people saw the problems and it kept getting worse

After the global championship the general population still dropped. There is no saving a game that drops after something like that

Going back to an even more broke game wouldn't save the title either, probably the dumbest thing I've seen in the halo community in attempt to keep the game alive

I love halo, just as much as anyone else here. I've been around since the rise and watched the fall but it's time to wake up and realize the game is done, put hopes into halo 5 and that's all you have until next year

Ps I feel bad for people that called off work and bought plane tickets. seriously I'd be raging too, but what do you expect from some people that watched MLG probably and fantasized "HEY WE CAN RUN THESE TOURNAMENTS TOO"

• Upvote (+1) 1

We cannot please everyone. For a very long time we have tried to please everyone and it just never seems to pan out.

I hate it when people talk like this. Acting as if there were two roads, one where you please this half of fans and another for the other half. No. It was one road. Straight shot. Host an event with decent planning.

He's just trying to act like his decisions are in good faith for someone out there. No one is backing you up on your mistakes, Brad. At least own up to it and stop pointing the finger at a business that properly informed you of their situation.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Biggest joke of a company ever, I feel so bad for the players and those who returned to have fun only to be screwed over by some kid named Brad.

We dont even know if the teams will get the money they are owed from past events, much less get paid back for the cost of their plane tickets etc. Dafuq

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone who posts personal information including Phone Numbers, Addresses, etc will be banned. This is your ONLY warning. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

For obvious reasons we at Beyond will never advertise / support another AGL tournament again.  Sucks to see a bunch of fucking clowns fuck over an entire community... just sad to witness. 

In other news all video and live streamed content from Beyond will now be hosted through our newest partners next gen platform powered by our stolen money and tears :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:

background-comp.png

The hype train! \ :kappa: /

At least we have this to look forward to?

background-comp.png

Inb4 Brad cancels Arcadia a week before the deadline and tries to take all the money that was raised  :kappa: