CyReN

AGL Closes Down & Statement

His answer sounds like a copy paste statement lol

Definitely is. It's a horrible attempt at damage control. The whole post perfectly describes AGL. Apologizes for problems, while taking shots at the community. At least Brad seems to understand AGL is done. They probably should payout and then just disappear.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Hello Halo Community,

We sincerely regret to inform you that AGL 10 Indianapolis is no longer being held. The event scheduled for November 1-3 in Indianapolis will no longer be going on. The reasoning behind the event cancellation is venue complications/issues. The hotel emailed us and informed us that they cannot meet our power requirements for an event of our size. Why it took so long for them to contact us with this important matter is completely irresponsible. Marriott is an established chain and this is the last worry that we had when booking the ballroom because we specified the requirements in the contract agreement. Marriott said, “We do not have a power supply to accommodate your needs.”

There can be a replacement event if the community so chooses in December.

With that being said, we know that this cancellation will make some of you upset. We cannot please everyone. For a very long time we have tried to please everyone and it just never seems to pan out. We have done everything in our power to make this event happen and unfortunately, the logistics are not adding up primarily due to the hotel last minute power allocation issues.

Thank you for your time and cooperation and we look forward to seeing everyone out at this event.

Sincerely yours,

Arena Gaming

Find a different venue in the same area.  Also, pay the damn pros already.

• Upvote (+1) 4

who would have thought that AGL would fall flat on its face. Lets just hope 343 makes Halo 5 a viable competitive option. If not Halo is for real dead. 

b65c9d6aeaf9598bd8502705aa9b93cc.png
Dem photoshop/ms paint skills #Kreygasm

Time to neg rep Brad's post and continue to report them for spam

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hello Halo Community,

Hello.

We sincerely regret to inform you that AGL 10 Indianapolis is no longer being held. The event scheduled for November 1-3 in Indianapolis will no longer be going on. The reasoning behind the event cancellation is venue complications/issues. 

Because you decided to go to a LAN centre that wasn't even completed yet.

The hotel emailed us and informed us that they cannot meet our power requirements for an event of our size. Why it took so long for them to contact us with this important matter is completely irresponsible. Marriott is an established chain and this is the last worry that we had when booking the ballroom because we specified the requirements in the contract agreement. Marriott said, “We do not have a power supply to accommodate your needs.”

Stop pinning the blame, you were the one who gambled on a LAN centre being completed in time, it's your fault we don't have a venue.

Yes, perhaps they should of emailed you back sooner, but you wouldn't of been experiencing those problems in the first place if you hadn't taken an unnecessary risk.

There can be a replacement event if the community so chooses in December.

That would be nice, but I doubt it after this fiasco. 

With that being said, we know that this cancellation will make some of you upset. We cannot please everyone. For a very long time we have tried to please everyone and it just never seems to pan out. We have done everything in our power to make this event happen and unfortunately, the logistics are not adding up primarily due to the hotel last minute power allocation issues.

How can I expect you to please everyone if you haven't even seemed to please one person with this.

And no, it's not "primarily due to the hotel last minute power allocation issues" as we wouldn't of had any of these problems in the first place if you hadn't taken an unnecessary risk, the fault is on YOU, not the hotel.

Thank you for your time and cooperation and we look forward to seeing everyone out at this event.

What event?  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 7

Except MLG already has a contract with ghosts as its, here's the key words, EXCLUSIVE SHOOTER.

They actually said exclusive first person action game. Is Sunny D the new loophole lion???
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Is this the biggest troll ever?  Did they really just say they can't please everyone?  "We're excited to see everyone out at this event"??!   This is such a fucking joke.

• Upvote (+1) 3

/r/halo was going to change up it's theme and everything for AGL 10 starting Monday to help promote it. Fuckin done with this league. Put too much time and effort into that. I can't imagine how people who payed for plane tickets feel. This on top of everything else makes an AGL event not worth anyone's time.

If you're a pro that was planning to have fun playing Halo 3 or Halo 4 and spent your good money doing so, I can't imagine how infuriated you are. This really does suck. It could have been so much fun and none of these mistakes had to happen.

• Upvote (+1) 7

To anyone reporting their twitter for spam, come on, don't be a dick. 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Not surprised something like this happened. Seems to me like in this statement they are just making excuses and pointing fingers. Yea the power thing sucks (if it is true), but with proper, un-sketchy planning, things like this shouldn't happen.Also, the end of the statement:

Sincerely yours,

Arena Gaming

They cannot even issue a proper statement. Did they just copy and paste the body of it to an old statement with this ending? 

cmonman_zps9690ee06.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO              THE BEARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY GOD WHY?!?!!?!?!!!?!

#SaucyShaves   :walshy:    :saucey:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Agl dies, saucy shaves the beard, mlg spreading false hope. This sucks. Now what?

Beyond is now a CoD site exclusively until next fall lol.

If only halo could get BIG grassroots events like FGs can, I just think our game is so used to the limelight of MLG that local hype could never build to something big like it is in the smash community.

Also, just because CoD is the exclusive shooter for MLG pro circuit does not mean they can't SPONSOR a halo event. I'm sure no points will be awarded but they can run a one time thing if they wanted to and not break a contract especially if it's a side stop.

This is like smash where our community (if it still exists) needs to show MLG we would show up like smash did for Evo. Whether by fundraising or emailing or just showing general interest. MLG won't pick up H3 for one event with 13 teams we would need 100+

• Upvote (+1) 3

Find a different venue in the same area.  Also, pay the damn pros already.

This. Said the same thing as well. You know what, not even what you said. He couldve had a back up venue in mind BEFOREHAND. MLG-sized tourneys with 100 plus teams ofc cant. But a tournament of AGL's scale COULD in fact be held elsewhere, given a tad bit of planning.

AND: They still have MORE THAN A WEEK to to do just that.

Brad is either incompetent or a liar.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I actually set up and run large events with national speakers, bands, and venues for my full-time job and I have to say that there are really crappy things like this that happen and there are times when you just lost one of your key components and it really sucks because all of the promotional material is out there, everyone expects exactly what you've advertised and what they've paid for but it's just fallen through.

In that specific area, I feel bad for Brad and AGL. I also feel that the community should not be putting 100% of the blame on them (provided, of course that he's telling the truth).

However, when I've been in those situations I've moved heaven and earth to make sure that I have a replacement. Whatever the cost, the show must go on and you can't just completely cancel unless no one is actually coming. I don't know how much effort was put in to finding a replacement venue but the fact that there isn't one tells me that there was not enough effort made. 

For that, I'm incredibly disappointed with Brad and AGL.

When you add on top of that the whole players not getting paid fiasco, the last minute game switch, etc. There is plenty of reasons to still be upset with AGL but do it for the right reasons at least.

Brad, you had great ideas and at some points you showed humbleness and the ability to give the community what it wants but then there was the rest of the time where you just got too far ahead of yourself and failed to realize how shaky of a foundation this was all built on. Openness and humility goes a very long way when you are a leader and unfortunately that just wasn't the case often enough with AGL. AGL could return but it would take a whole lot of butt-kissing to the community and it probably just won't happen.

Everyone makes mistakes, hope you and AGL learn from yours. GL

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm honestly laughing my ass off at the people who rabidly defended AGL's/Brad's decision-making and blindly threw up a banner for them even while it was glaringly obvious that this thing couldn't last, and who are probably having Twitter rage-gasms right now.

If you didn't think that this business model was unsustainable, you're fucking naive.

In all reality, I was expecting AGL to get around half the teams MLG was getting to attend, and Sundance would notice, pick halo up again and have everyone running back

And Brad just deleted his personal Twitter. 

• Upvote (+1) 5